Some Questions

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone is basing the job on whether roommates are required at training, then the job is really not that impt. to them. Most pharma reps. are just interested in working in a secure environment so they can keep food on the table and continue to work in the industry they know. There are industry standards, most all companies require roommates, salary range is on target for most companies, as is vacation, 401K, etc. It is not rude to state the obvious, but it does say something about the intelligence level of those who are more worried about rooming at training than they are about getting a secure position in pharma. Obviously the peopl asking these questions are outside of the industry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not necessarily. If you work as a specialty rep, then most of the time you have your own rooms. It may be important to some people and I for one wouldn't rule out a job because of it. I think some people do like the fact that you don't have to feel like you are in college with a roommate. Just my 2cents.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you not catch the word most, and by the way I am in specialty and we do have roomates for meetings/trainings. Why? Because of the state of the industry and trying to save money. What may have used to occur for specialty positions is no longer that way. Seriously, asking about rooming with someone at training. At the end of the day, who really cares, people want jobs. This all sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats posting about this nonsense.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a shit what your opinion is on what questions reps should be asking or whether someone sounds like a spoiled brat? People are curious about some of these things and want to know. Sure, you can wait and ask at your interview in the next week or two, but you may ask here in the meantime. Why someone would be so miserable as to sit on here and write manifesto's on their perceptions of candidates based on the questions they ask on fucking cafepharma is beyond me. It's certainly your prerogative to do that rather than answer the question in half the time, but geez...if the typical rep at Lundbeck is this high on misery index then that's a much bigger red flag to me than the benefits and rooming policies. Maybe this is the reason for the expansion, to get some professionals in here to sell the new product rather than promote the current riff raff.

Incidentally, I saw on another thread on here that there aren't roomates at training, fyi.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why wound anyone think that people in the same position trying to interview for a job at Lundbeck would have all the answers to these general questions anyway. Everyone should do themselves a favor and hone up on their questioning skills during the phone screen process where these questions, if absolutely necessary, coulld be asked and answered effectively.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who wants to hear your manifesto, buddy. If you knew anything about this company you would know that they don't have a US field force and this is the reason for the job postings. And if you think it is professional to ask a hiring manager during an initial interview about roomates at training, then why would any hiring manager be interested in someone who cares more about rooming with another person over the product pipeline and long term future of the company. Your behavior shows how entry level you really are.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey there are only hiring 70 or so reps for this expansion so the chances are there will be no roommates with so few

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lundbeck does have a sales force, ass clown....read the other freaking threads. No one is going to ask the hiring manager if there are roomates at training in an interview...that's why people are asking about that here, along with car allowance, etc. And yes I'm getting flown in for interviews this week because I'm entry level. Ass hat.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great- we look forward to meeting you as we are only flying in 3 people. I am sure you will stick out like a sore thumb.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of us are being drawn into petty arguments.

Ultimately, those selected will have the opportunity to decide for themselves if sharing a room with a co-worker during training (if indeed there are roomates) is going to be a "deal breaker".

Those gearing up for F2F interviews have likely already made that choice.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The roommate thing may be important to some people for whatever reason and that does not make the person a spoiled brat.

What if someone is a light sleeper and/or snores and/or has a weak bladder and/or has irritable bowel syndrome?

Also, what about the needs of different religious practices?

I'm pretty sure it's more difficult for women to room with one another instead of men.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You wrote a great post and I think it was at the beginning of the thread that someone wrote that there are no roommates.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the F cares about roommates?! Either you need the job or you don't! You people are ridiculous!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people need a job and care about roommates!

And, some people also manage to work the roommate issue out by getting their own rooms out of their own pockets (you can always write it off later)!

Let's be honest--nobody likes roommates but I know some people who just can't deal with a roommate and that's fine.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

roommates suck and are for low rate companies. that is why people are asking this question.

the car allowance is awesome. there really is gps in fleet cars.

the pods really suck. the co-promote partners really suck. as soon as the dm told me that on the phone i just lit a blunt and starting talking out of my ass.

wholesale hiring in the psych space always leads to a debacle a year or two later. that's why i'm waiting on this one.