Merck seeks to reinvent R&D unit: WSJ

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, that's about all R&D "leaders" are good for the last few years: "putting people in their place". Too bad that doesn't translate into newer drugs. Conformity, uniformity, stickers: Check!
    Innovation, imagination, taking risks that can lead to failure but also can result in breakthroughs: not recommended if you know what's good for ya.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then we just more until they get what we want. Simple.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple? I can't understand what you said. English much?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you met a lot of the scientists in the labs? No, not English much.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I know are scientists in the labs. I still do experiments, so what are you saying? You clearly don't know anything. "Then we just more until they get what we want." Just more what? What do you think they want?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put in a place with many others but obvious you are a yes sir cool aide drinking follower. Shame on you for skipping the training on speaking up, scientific debate and ethics. Tail is out, proud and in the air.

I looked for the shampoo but it seems to be sold out

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Lets put "them" in their place……so we can do non-process research

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The leadership has a great understanding and vision of the next blockbuster drugs. The problem is with the talent we have under that leadership is subpar. They can't follow orders. They lack the ability to execute the plan. Bad attitudes and lack of teamwork will not fly. That is why they need to have a reality check and be put into place.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My director put me into place. I had a scientific question regarding a project in my department that I was not directly involved with. I also offered a scientific approach that experimentally was not difficult. When I brought it up during my 1 to 1 meeting my supervisor was very angry that I had spent any of my time thinking about other scientists problems and warned me to "mind my own business". That concludes the teamwork part of the program.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was being nice to you. You could not do your own job and the tasks in front of you. The last thing they need is you screwing up something else.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yea, right

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess, one of the former RY "leaders" who have perpetuated the poison RY culture across the labs.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current, now at KW. Former would suggest that some progress has been derived from the MRL reorganization, which was not the case.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See the 10 most incompetent managers. Bet your boss is a kiss up and reports to one of the named. Pathetic this stuff has continued. Moral in the trash, many examples of poor leadership and few role models.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol .... Reinvent with the same jerks that caused its downfall? Might as well bring back meters and Kim. Get the whole gang together

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is official. Joe Miletich will start on Aug 1st. Rupert, Rich Tillyer, ... all report to him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laura V will not like that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will the real clean out start soon? Label the offices for boxing after photos are posted and all drawers labeled.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hunter too?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's a nobody. Should have been gone after the last round, along with his commuting buddy.