Toxic Environment

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck environment is toxic, closest thing to Hell on earth, management is hateful and vulgar, can't trust anyone lots of backstabbers !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...we get it....you were displaced and are pissed. It's definitely time for you to move on!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA. I see nothing has changed since I left in 2004. Boot camp style management was just too much to deal with.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me a logical response as to why our company had to change from being most admired to becoming most hated, at least by many Merck employees? And we certainly aren't admired anymore by those who used to admire us in our most admired days How much is due to bad/toxic management? How much is due to product line/mix and unproductive MRL? How much is due to outside factors that Merck must contend with (eg Obamacare/generics/purchasing changes) and overall business climate? I know I wouldn't want to work for any drug company today. Is Merck's toxicity just reflective of the healthcare environment?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cesspool begins in the corner office and permeates this organization from the top down. If the executive suite could get away with the blaming housekeeping staff for the all of the problems with this company and the toxic environment that exists, they would. Leading by example has led to the rot from the inside model of management. All companies in this industry must respond to the same changing market environment and the ones that do so poorly is a reflection on the company not the circumstances.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need help go practice yoga and find a new profession and a better life.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No surprise. Even Kenny knows its bad. Look at the replay of 2nd quarter results from Tuesday 7/29 where the question regarding the poor morale at the company came up.
    His answer? --> he's aware but offer no suggestions or policies to change it.
    Another sign of poor leadership and the root cause of the negative feelings about Merck from its employees.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our department all got meeting requests the day after the EBB to discuss how we can improve "culture" in our area. LOL. I can only assume this was because of the morale question to KF.