Is Jack Bailey the best we got to put in charge?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God help GSK

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God has nothing to do with it - Nietsche

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets be smart and start selling incruse and take 20 percent of Spiriva s market easily.. anoro is not a direct Spiriva competitor.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jack's got a package, a big package.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DC WAS A DISASTER AT LILLY AND IT IS BEYOND ME THAT GLAXO EVEN HIRED HER. AT LILLY SHE DID NOTHING BUT KISS UPPER MANAGEMENT'S REAR END, NEVER ACHIEVED ANYTHING BUT TOOK EVERYONE ELSE'S CREDIT. JACK IS A GOOD GUY BUT I HAVE NO CLUE WHY HE EVER FOLLOWED DEIRDRE.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No he isn't.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is about JB, and you send in an obnoxious rant about someone let go from here weeks ago? WTF? Our problem (like most pharma) is piss poor leadership development and pipeline. Look at Sanofi. How many Presidents and Marketing VPs have they had in the past 6 years? Ditto Pfizer with their CEOs. Between 2001 and two years ago they had 4. FOUR! We get our leaders from the We Lie Lilly cast-off bin, someone else gets theirs from Pfizers.

JB and DC are symptoms of a greater ill. Nothing more. For those of us that sold Fortaz/clinda for diabetic foot infections, we're worried about the little red hole on the top of the foot when the infection is festering deep inside!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Once vigorous measures appear to be the only means left of bringing the americans to a due submission to the mother country, the colonies will submit." George III

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my txxxxxxxs. There really is nothing like a shorn sxxxxxm, its breathtaking, I suggest you try it."

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"there once was a man from Nantucket…" John Valby, "aka Dr. Dirty"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah --- good idea. Let's focus on the nondifferentiated product and not focus on the product that might actually help people with COPD breathe better.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DC would have straightened it out if given time.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder what he thinks of the new "volume" strategy? That aligns real well with the Focus Four imperatives. Another about face. Also why in the earnings report was the only US glimmer of hope ViiV, which was about the only business unit not under his control or to suffer from his poor b2b decisions?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard to forget that he was the person responsible for this almost 3 years ago. Amazing how he was able to survive the ESI-Medco fiasco. He should be called the Teflon Don instead of John Gotti. To think he is in charge is an absolute joke.

Wishing all the mothers a Happy Mothers Day

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please remember who intentionally appointed weak leaders in the US.... it wasn't an accident that he needed a way to deflect blame for his awful leadership (while always trying to look like the smartest guy in the room).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am lost, here. For years, we had the "I hate DC" troll posting and re-posting the claim that DC was the cause of our demise, and once we canned her, the globe would go back to spinning on its axis at the proper angle, and GSK would once again be the most admired company, like, ever.

So we canned her, and promoted someone down the chain. So now, he sucks, too?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry for all the commas in that post. I'm rocking a little one to sleep while typing. Or at least I am TRYING to!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that DC and JB don't even speak anymore as he threw her under the bus and wouldn't take any responsibility for the Patient First fiasco.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, sadly. He's not any good either. Just like the other thread -- it is only with extreme hubris that anyone could suggest that the leadership gap can be filled from the inside. Imagine what our stock performance would have looked like in a market that wasn't up 85% in the past 4-5 years.

The thing that worries me the most (and has me looking for new career options the most frequently) is that there is nothing left in the pipeline to save us. Advair will go generic. Anoro is DOA. Breo will be lucky to get to a 5% share. Incruse and Arnuity never should have been launched. Tanzeum looks good only because Respiratory launches look so bad. The injectable -- who knows. And triple -- tell me what value that is going to have to payers after Advair has gone generic? And, honestly, what company will be left in the US when Advair goes generic?

But, now, it's happy face time. Let's be inspired by our leaders!! Hopefully I don't get murdered when I walk around the block in Chicago.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The troll still makes the same posts. He just moves on to different people. When you live your life being constantly bitter, all that comes out is garbage.