GSK Retiree Healthcare Plan Change 2015

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2015 at 5:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was anyone else caught off guard of the provisions made to the GSK 2015 Hlth Care Plan benefits?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What changes are you talking about?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must not be important if you took over 5 months to discover a change !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a retiree, but am soon to be one. What is the change?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No GSK drug plan.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is interesting indeed? I just talked to HR about 3 weeks ago and they said you still get GSK drugs free when retired. Cost for me and my wife, a little more than $400 per month. I do not think you know what you are talking about!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be grandfathered in on the old plan. This shouldn't be a surprise. They notified everyone over a year ago about this. Once you get to Medicare age you are dropped and dental has been dropped for all new retirees as of some point about one year ago. They blamed the ACA for this. Since it doesn't Impact you you must have been retired when this was announced. It sucks but at least they still bridge you until you are Medicare eligible if you retire before then.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, i am not retired but could be in the near future. HR told me that once I reach medicare age the company will contribute between $2500 to $3000 per year toward medigap insurance for my wife and myself. This is exactly what was told to me and that was just several weeks ago as I called to inquire. Don't know where you are getting your info but mine is first hand from HR.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes that is part of what the grandfather post was describing. Dropped off of the plan and given up to that amount depending on years of service once eligible for Medicare. No drug coverage no dental. Not even close to what was previously offered

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They announced this a year or more ago, it totally sucks! This only applies when you turn 65. If you retire at 60, you still get GSK insurance for 5 years

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, a bunch of us retired with the VRIF in 2010 way before turning 65 and got the GSK retiree insurance. When the changes were announced last year I wasn't happy about it but relieved to see we can keep it until going on medicare at 65 or I would have been screwed, that's the main reason many of us took the VRIF.