GSK reps deserve nothing good.

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 5 counterparts and ALL fake calls on a excessive basis. They are lazy, feel they are owed everything, and are the worst reps in the field.
    Yeah for contract!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

welcome to pharma sales 2015..... your doctors would hate you and kick you all out if your teammates were not faking and actually calling on them at the kool aid rate

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sold my GSK stock a long time ago....5 counterparts? REALLY? 5? After all the downsizing? What the hell are they supposed to do with that many reps in the field? Keep that up for long and it will be all contract....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. GSK is the laughing stock on the sales world today. Grading reps on tests over results. I wouldn't touch that stock even though it has done well, because of this philosophy. It must be a terrible place for overachievers, that is for sure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any pharma company with a sales structure built on more than 2 teammates is a nightmare for an overacheiver....big pharma marketing ruined it for everyone

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be fooled folks. This statement is coming form a person with ties to a contract sales force organization. They are trying again to push a contract sales force on GSK. As we all know contract sales force reps are the "bottom of the barrel" when it comes to pharma reps. The majority of the good reps are able to get a full time job with pharma or are all together out of the industry and found something better. Contract reps just collect signatures because they have no stake in the company. They are the worst reps I have ever encountered.

And by the way, most territories that I know of don't have 5 counterparts. Nice try Mr contract CEO!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think I'd be faking calls.......they build a folder of your fake calls, all documented, and call you in for a horrible firing session. It's that simple ! [ and quick ]

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! If that were true there would be only about 20% of the force left! People have gotten away with it for decades as long as they don't fake signatures.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP is FOS!! Calls are made and "faked" at the same rate as any other company. Move on

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

perhaps he has been around longer than you......perhaps with so many firings and more to come, they don't need to check up on fake calls .... when things settle down, they will be back , believe me !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a rep for several years and most all the MDs I talk to say GSK reps are clueless. They are lazy and believe everyone owes them something. I too believe this to be true.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said Pfizer rep !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is proof of our newfound low level of credibility: how well are our last two launches doing, compared to forecasts and expectations?

Thus endeth the lesson. One more point: to my head-in-the-sand colleague that is trashing CSO reps, and claiming that the good ones found work? You can't be serious. The industry has downsized 50% from its glory days. A DM buddy over at Amgen told me how he was handed a stack of resumes of nothing but superstars when he had one (1) opening. He said the stack was almost a foot high, and that he never made past the first dozen before he found a match.

There are far more award-winning, drug-launching superstars at PSS, InVentiv, Quintiles, and PDI than there are here. And ….they're willing to work for 65-75K!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A post from a Novartis rep for sure !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree the majority of the reps left at GSK tend to be younger less experienced, and are primarily used as a diversity tool, are a bit clueless but I have to disagree with the lazy term. They are most likely worn out from the PF crap.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they were more focused on doing there job and had embraced PF they would not be in the mess they created.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PF did nothing to sell product. It was a distraction from seeing customers. It is like asking an nfl team to spend their weekdays studying the NFL rule book and practice running plays over the phone or Skype. That is no way to prepare for the next big game when the competitors are running actual practices. Anyone who makes this claim obviously didn't participate or doesn't really understand PF. It is a major reason why so many good people have voluntarily left the company and why sales have sputtered in the last few years. Everyone well almost everyone predicted this. Now at least there are people in charge who want to correct course this ship that was all alone in the ocean. The prediction that others will follow never came close to happening. Competitors saw what damage was done and actually poked fun at it during their national meetings. Managers from other companies had a field day interviewing GSK reps and scratching their heads as the reps described PF and why they wanted to leave.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an inventiv rep, and if it was an inventiv rep that started this thread, I disagree with them and most posts. My 3 GSK reps are awesome, old and young. The PF didn’t change our focus on just getting scripts and we work well together and grow business. We all work hard. The postings on our site is just precautionary, like Phase 2 that never happened, they post and get resumes in case they go in our direction. To prove I am not HR from either side… suck my balls, that is not aimed at anyone, just something none of them would say.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok mr inventive rep. You haven't been around long enough to even know the history of PF and how it even works for GSK reps. No real salesperson would ever embrace PF. It goes against all logic. If you love it than sales isn't for you. There was no phase 2 unless you mean rolling this out world wide. Hopefully that has been stopped in its tracks. If GSK is ever bought it will because of this failure and the loss in market cap and revenues that it caused.

The major supporter of PF on this board has gone silent. She mocked the predictions of falling sales, layoffs and the President changing. They all happened as predicted and hopefully it didn't take too long to ensure a strong recovery in both sales and morale. Morale has risen dramatically over the last couple of months. Too many are still leaving almost daily. It is sad to see good talented people leave to work for the competition.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey above post dick weed, the Inventiv Rep didn't say anyone liked PF. That rep is right because I am one of those reps that hates PF. I just like selling and have a strong sense of pride to sell my products everyday. Maybe you should try it, not for GSK but for yourself.