The White Binder

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our regional manager has sent us back to the stone age. We now need to keep a binder with all of our doctors, one sheet for each doc for Breo and one sheet for each doc for Anoro. We then have to sort them as none users, has written 1-4 rxs, 5-9 rxs and more than 9 rxs. Then We do this for both Anoro and Breo. Then when the new numbers come out we have to move the doctors sheets into their respective categories again and again. What a crock of shit!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the same region. Don't forget you have to keep notes on these sheets as well as in the computer. More and more busy work.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember, notes of any kind are included in the discovery process. When the legal department finds out, the notes will stop.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did they end up hiring someone who can't figure out how to sort a spreadsheet?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, what a waste of time looking at each doc for both products and moving all the sheets from tab to tab. Like, why not just sort your docs from top to bottom and see if your docs prescribing habits (numbers) are moving in the right directions. Why the "great paper chase?" It is amazing the stupid fricking things these idiots come up with! Just like if you remember, writing more notes will increase sales. Morons!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#3 is 100% correct......watch your notes !

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As you can see, these people are not hired because they are smart, or good leaders.
    Only an tool would implement something that MAY worked in the field in the late 80s. But then again, this is a checking-the-box exercise, one that will be passed along as a "best practice" around the country.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

been home for the last week doing my pre-call plans for when my manager rides with me tomorrow. must try and get as much checked on the cot as possible. what a F ing joke

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've kept binders for years, on my own, in spite of management stating that it is something we shouldn't do. I use it to record subjective notes, personal info revealed by the customer, points of interest and thoughts on how to open the next call. Very simple, chronological and certain items of high interest circled. Heck it's a throwback to the 1940's, but nothing else works as well for what I need it for, and we sure can't put that stuff into shared notes because a) it takes too much time, and b) write right.
    It's impossible to remember all of the tidbits of potentially useful information without writing it down. Multiple managers and even an FVP have ridden with me and seen the binder, and never made a comment.
    What is so stupid (among hundreds of stupid things around here) is that gsk has made the practice "verboten". Kind of like cheating on tests and faking calls, there is zero enforcement. Yes, strangely enough, I still prefer to make a sale versus not making a sale, even if there is no extra financial reward for it and the evaluation process for reps is a horribly flawed nightmare.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You poor baby. How do you cope with such a burden. Life is just so hard for you. Maybe your mommy can help you with your job, just like she helps you get dressed in the morning.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good afternoon Adam!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you love how this was forced upon us and how the bobble heads (Managers) all act like this is the savior of our sales. Good Lord what bs in this business!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's worse than the bs in this business is the dc in this business.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe we should take this one more step backwards and use a chisel and slate bound with willow branches.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually like the idea, have a binder with accountability. Too many people hide behind the damn computer printing out reports and collecting a paycheck but provide ZERO to the bottom line of revenue for gsk and the shareholders.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good morning Adam!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a little offended at the term WHITE binder. This offensive description denigrates all persons of color working hard to make GSK successful. I would appreciate it if in the future the binder should be referred to as the RAINBOW binder.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the world of computers and "one click sorting", here I sit shuffling doctors names from tab to tab. I have to look on the list see how many rxs each doc has written, find him among three different tabs where he currenly stands and move him into the correct workbook tab sorted by Non User, 1-4 rxs, 5-9 rxs, More than 9 rxs.. I do this for every doctor and for both Breo and Anoro. What a crock of crap! That is after 3 hours TRYING to do my expense report on the "new and improved gems"!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. The BINDER idea has merit, but the manner which GSK implements things is what causes the trouble

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What region is doing this? It's the strategy the Jorge has come up with that is bad. Have your own strategy and move the product. If u follow Jorge and marketing, u won't sell anything.