Is Jack Bailey the best we got to put in charge?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought HE was the primary reason for the ESI debacle? Why was he put in charge to replace DC? I'm glad she is finally gone, but was there no one better? I read he is just as bad as DC maybe worse. I sure hope not.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This should give everyone a real indication of just how far down the company has sunk. LOL.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they had celebrations when he left LLY.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AW was forced to clean house in the US. Had to leave someone who knew what the hell was going on in the US for the short term so JB was it. Once the dust settles doubt he will be in that position long. Another retirement or position in England.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Is Jack Bailey the best we got to put in charge? HORRIBLE

You have to be kidding. What a total failure he is. It does in fact truly show that Executive Management at GSK is lost and has no idea of what to do or who can lead. Jack Bailey should have been one of the first people fired because of his poor management and oversight. The whole Advair debacle is his fault. It never ceases to amaze me at how untalented people can make it in this industry. GSK is foolish. If he is there more than 12 months it will truly be a miracle.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is confirmation that Andrew Witty clearly is not the brightest bulb in the box or that he is simply waiting for the purchase of GSK by some other suitor..

That being said, GSK has simply traded one incompetent boob for another. At least DD could say she entrusted her right hand man, JB, to be knowledgable about what is in his own wheelhouse....that is, managed care formularies and those who control such.

However make no mistake about it, Jack Bailey is the one and only one that caused the loss of Advair sales at ESI. He and his "yes" man Rob Yagt single handedly ran C. Ried out of the company in order to protect their backsides from their complete incompetence in the management of ESI and the contract negotiation during the summer of 2012.

Whether its a $500m or $1B in loss sales, it all came under his direct leadership or lack there of.

The shareholders of GSK should be outraged that AW has appointment the very man that caused this travesty.

The authors of these news reports should be researching and reporting on how this man caused this and furthermore has no vision. And with a lack of vision, comes no leadership. With no leadership comes no trust between his colleagues and more importantly customers like ESI, Aetna, United and Anthem.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you need to call up AW and the Board and give them your expert opinion. Better yet, tell him that you should have the job. We will all wait to see how you rescue the company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are spot on. I too was amazed that the guy who cost GSK close to 500 million dollars by pissing off managed care is now the guy in charge. You just can't make crap like this up! Wow are we in trouble. The titanic looks like the Love Boat compared to GSK!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bailey must have something on Witty. Something that protects him. This guy is and always was a Lilly reject. GSK=Witty=Definition of insanity. Guess what people we will get the same results.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Jack's hair that is in charge, not Jack.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know the former ESI team has every piece of communication from the 2nd line leadership discussions to the governance discussions. To teleconferences with T. Scales and Jorge. It obvious to even the simplest non-JB ass kisser that the first thing you to remove cancer is either cut it out, radiate it, or hit with MAB. Of course that is also no doubt over your basic understanding of accountability.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #6 is spot on! Very sad that the decisions of the very person that has cost the company $2B in sales in the past 2 years is promoted... Can you say "Peter Principle" in effect? Hopefully, JB's tenure as US President will be very short term.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't wait until you step up and ask for JB's job. You can just fix everything and then it will be all rainbows and sunshine.

We are waiting. Time for you to step up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes one wonder if this is all just temporary move? Sell the company and then you won't need any of the individuals that have taken on their new leadership positions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #7 and #13 must be a bitter bitter person. Your sarcasm is very silly. You sound like a Lilly rep want to be.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are delusional. This is how it works in our industry. The Good ol' boy network strikes again! So now we have 2 consecutive leaders that were discarded by Junior Varsity pharma, We-lie Lilly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh state the obvious. Of course its a good ol boy network. It has been since Glaxo came to the US in 1979. Any other headline news you want to bring up

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a little child that has hurt feelings when people call you out on your stupid posts. Filling up the thread isn't helping you any.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your posts really encourage people to be better. You dont think your posts fill up these treads . You must be so proud of yourself criticizing people for the very thing you do .

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least I can spell threads. I do make people better . My posts call out children like you