60day warn period/new job

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone displace get a new job since being displaced that starts before the termination day?What did you do? Are you still getting warn pay and severance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make new friends, but keep the old ones. One is silver, and the other gold.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about getting rid of losers like Witty and his cronies who have for the past 5 years fu GSK.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or get rid of losers that post idiotic posts with gratuitous profanity.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone displaced can start with a new employer non sooner than the first day of the WARN period (March 23rd) and still collect the severance. And they will only be paid for the WARN period days that they were only on GSK's payroll.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All kidding aside... who's going to volunteer that they've secured new employment?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got a job working at Starbucks and a manager. I will be your next boss.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you pass me a vanilla decaf latte under the table once in awhile?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard there was 5,000 layoffs and the 60 day WARN act started beginning of March so they will announce in beginning of May. This true?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw an article on Biz Journal suggesting 150 layoffs in Pennsylavania in March. Commercial and R&D folks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes but they only report at the end of the 60 day period. As in October of last year, they announced 900 layoffs on Dec. 3rd. Do you know anyone near to you that was laid off?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severance package said about 2,000

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you let go and received a severance package that actually stated 2,000 on the paperwork?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't see anywhere that it mentioned it was 2,000 but the severance package did include a breakdown of each position eliminated by title, grade and age of person. Maybe someone counted them? It also included a list with the same information of those positions not affected As Part of the current restructuring.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you have to sign an NDA to be valid for there remainder of your 60 days?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insist, in writing, on the dc package--it's a knockout.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, NDA is required in order to get your severance paid.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So says the St. Louis Greek.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is NDA?