URL pharma

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont believe the lies... worst drug ever in the docs eyes, they hate it
    ask your docs then and ask sales force selling it idiot

I am the sales force selling it & you are obviously clueless!! Docs didn't hate it when it was generic they just hated the price increase when it went branded. Just like Uloric vs Allopurinol.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HILARIOUS!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the sales force selling it & you are obviously clueless!! Docs didn't hate it when it was generic they just hated the price increase when it went branded. Just like Uloric vs Allopurinol.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh..yes..you must be right.. because youre from home office
    you wouldnt be wasting your time on here if you were really selling for url

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually no I am not home office I have an iPhone & we got word this am I got on here to see what everyone was posting & come across an ignorant idiot like you!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been on the URL project since day one and while we were not loved at the beginning, the docs now see that through the different programs this drug is affordable. We have had better coverage than Uloric from day one. While I am pissed off that I am more than likely losing my damn job, I am happy to say that I have made it through one of the toughest sells in my life. I was always hoping for a partnering with Takeda, never expected a buyout. What the hell use will Takeda have for our salesforce when you all are already talking gout out there. And we are all contract so, you guys have nothing to worry about!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we all had the joy of finding out from Facebook, NY Times article shares and other friends that heard. We heard that you Takeda reps all at least heard something ahead of time. Imagine breaking the news to your own boss! Great day in the field!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a field day it has been for the Colcrys reps and I am one. We were ALL blindsided by this news with many reps hearing about it from offices and calling our DM's to share what we thought was gossip. We will be out of our jobs within the next 60 days and wish the best to the Takeda sales team. Please know, we encouarged the use of Uloric and Colcrys. We never positioned Colcrys as competition to Uloric and in fact tried to drive more business to Uloric versus Allo. Sad to read we were being called hijackers and thieves. We hopefully made your jobs and the transition to combo therapy easier and now you can enjoy the $40,000 quarterly bonuses.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right on!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Everyone!! It is a crappy day for the URL reps especially the ones that were there in the beginning. We were the most hated people on the Rheumatology planet. Formulary coverage for Colcrys is great. It is covered by most commercial on preferred tiers and on Medicaid. Takeda was smart because the combination of Uloric and Colcrys is a great fit. Good luck Takeda reps, I wish you all well. My sales were doing great because of the coverage and it works well. Colcrys is a good drug and has a future with new indications in the future for rheumatoid arthritis as well. Does anyone know if Takeda will be taking on any of the URL sales force? Now is not a good time to be laid off.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It remains to be seen what will happen to your sales force. I truly wish you the best. Let's clarify a few things here though. Why would you promote or compete against Uloric. They are two different drugs for two different stages of gout. They are not used interchangeably. Colcrys treats acute, uloric is for maintenance. I don't blame you as a rep for selling this drug, but yes, your company hijacked a generic drug that was working for patients. The move was all about profit not what was best for patients. Can't blame you for taking a job to feed a family, but if you think URL made this move for any reason other than to make tons of money, I question your judgement. Doug and company may make the 40k in bonuses, but reps will see about $150 per quarter if they are lucky, based on what I have seen from my Edarbi and Edarbyclor bonuses. You must have meant $400 bonuses

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right, URL saw the opportunity and made a profit. The good part is that because of the patents, you are going to have it for a good number of years. With new indications, the patent will be extended for a longer period, which is also good news for Takeda. I never understood why Uloric reps thought the Colcrys reps were selling against Uloric. I had better sales numbers in offices that used Uloric because Uloric is very effective in lowering uric acid, Colcrys helped the patients tolerate urate lowering therapy because it helps prevent and reduce the mobilization flares. With Colcrys, Uloric reps have something else to sell when physicians are forced to use allopurinol because of cost or coverage issues. Good news for you is that like Uloric, Colcrys can be given to patients with renal insufficiency, even severe renal insufficiency. Do you know if Takeda will be opening a few positions when they take on Colcrys. I have a family to support...I am just like everyone else.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

URL peeps...Takeda already has openings posted on their page! There are several now in my area. Guess we are definitely getting the ax. And as to the hijacking comment made by several of you...get the facts straight. In 2006, the FDA went to manufacturers of all unapproved products. There were over 1200 different drugs that were being made without FDA approval. Its know as the FDA Unapproved Drug Initiative...LOOK IT UP!!!! The FDA moved to remove all of these products from the market if they were not put through the approval process. Colchicine was NEVER generic, so learn the facts!!! A generic needs a brand first, which colchicine never had. There were over 25 manufacturers of Unapproved Colchicine, and none of them wanted to invest the money for FDA approval. Colchicine is not the only product this is happening to. It happened with Nitroglycerin Sublingual and Guaifenesin also. So before YOU start selling OUR product you better get a lesson in the facts. While I have hated the fact that the company over priced the drug, Colchicine had a big chance of being taken off the market completely, and URL has implemented several programs so everyone can afford it now. Hell, I qualify for the patient assistance program now that I will not have insurance in a few weeks!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is another example of idiocracy!!!! Never did we compete against Uloric they should be used in combination because if you know ANYTHING about lowering of SUa levels you know that gout flares will occur. Not only is it indicated to treat acute but also prophylaxis. We didn't hijack shit! FDA pulled it from the market because it was unapproved & deaths occurred. ALL Pharma companies had the opportunity to invest in R&D ans guess what smart guy WE DID! And yes 60,000 commission checks were paid for 1Q! Facts before you write about a bunch of BS you know nothing about!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TY #33 I posted 34!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there could be a benefit of keeping the current Colcrys sales team even thru the end of the year. Why did we promote the use of the 2 products? Simple...Colcrys has the indication for acute flares and prevention or prophylaxis dosing. When a patient first starts a ULT, per your own PI, up to 80% of patients flare. This is due to its MOA. By adding Colcrys at the beginning of treatment, it can treat the current flare and help prevent future flares that can damage and lead to joint destruction. Flares can occur for up to a year on a ULT. If a patient flares, what are the chances they will refill their Uloric? Combo therapy can help with Uloric being refilled. No worries, this will all be covered in your new Colcrys CVA that we were just certified on 6 weeks ago in Florida. It was not a typo. I wasn't one of them but alot of reps made over $25k in Q4 alone. It's a sad day for us and I see alcohol in my near future. Thanks for the well wishes and sympathy. I think we are all in a state of shock and never saw this happening. Best of luck. The prescribers aren't as upset as they were 2 years ago when we first launched. It's affordable and managed care wins all the time. Enjoy it! It's been fun to sell.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you not only drank the kool-aid, but you must be swimming in it! I am also a URL rep and I spout the same b.s. to my docs, but please tell me you don't really believe that!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully you were not too vocal against Colcrys in your Rhuem offices because karma is a bitch

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all the URL people on this board: How awesome is it that we are defending our product in light of the fact that our company has possibly screwed us. Until we know the details for sure, we remain in limbo. But damn it, we know our Sh*t!!! Bravo!!! To the best salesforce I have ever had the pleasure of working with! Best of luck to everyone!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!! Never generic...never approved...165 deaths. How can a person sell Uloric and not know the indications. A ULT lowers serum acid levels and Colcrys treats and prevents flares. Common sense alone says it makes sense to partner the two products. Maybe Takeda senior mnmgt will see the Colcrys reps know their disease state and see the need to keep us around.