F*ck headhunters

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and you have proven you are a jerk.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We've got much bigger problems than phony recruiters. Not going to lose any sleep over that.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course not, the narcissistic type looses no sleep over the disrespectful con-game you play on others for a living. The rest of us wont lose a wink over it either. Will feel good to ask you the credentialing questions and dump on you for a change. Good luck conducting 'research' in your shady "grey area" now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahahaha! Wait for it, wait for it... first the threats, "respect" who? an anonymous poster, a head hunter with nothing to offer? Next denial,"they're full commission" ha! you must mean "we"; an no, not buying the 100% commission, maybe for the information you try to con out of people...next the excuses, "former Pharma?" Please, Pharma has been full of Lazy ho's for money for quite a long time, not buying it. Working to "survive"? ha! No pity for you, and even less credibility there, its more like an admission- doing scum work because you are too lazy or unqualified to find something else. Sadly, next is the lies, "work hard" for anyone but yourself? doubt it! and Finally, more bull shit. Please spare us the pompous God invoking line. Enough.
    Best you get comfortable hearing "Okay, you have no specifics on the exact hiring company, and what? It's too early to share specifics on the position? Oh okay, then try me back when you can share verbally AND in writing specifics regarding the hiring company and position itself" bu-bye. Choosing to spend time, energy and talent working only with real professionals and toward real positions. You are owed Nothing! Not enough time to play your foolish games.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup....upside down and sidways. 9 out of 10 times they're hunting heads to work for a martyr. Beware of the lure of money and great company promise.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

? are you not understanding- some are working to place candidates in positions. Others are working for selfish reasons, to make only money for themselves, by selling out the prospects. Work only with executive recruiters with a solid record of placement and real positions to fill.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to get this strait. The consultants that interview potential employees to assist with their CI firms calmly describe the work they do as "within an ethical grey area." Claiming that all company's hire consultants to do competitive research and that they all "look the other way." Is it any surprise then, that this type would feel that CP is just a means to manipulate and mine data? Do they play fake head hunters as part of their own master plan to uncover the answers their clients pay them for? It's public knowledge that they monitor social media. Should social media not also monitor them?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my AstraZeneca job from initial contact with a recruiter.
    The first time the recruiter called it was for a position in another industry I was not interested in but we got to chatting and she said she would call me hen she had another opportunity that would meet my needs. Well about one year later, she called about the AZ job and got me the interview and I got the job. So I had a really good experience by taking time to network with the recruiter even though the initial call was for a job I didn't want.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Data? What data? what do any Rx company has beens have to hide? That they are losing patent protection on their products and there is nothing in the pipeline?

You can buy a house in Detroit for $1000 today because there are real people who have their heads all the way out of their asses and who are willing to work. Not so in the USA. Goodby pharma. When Nexium goes buh by, there is nothing to replace it. No more enantiomers, combinations, or XL versions of existing products, and NOTHING NEW.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great example of a recruiter that contacted potential with an actual position to fill. Someone on here used the term "executive recruiter." I have had positive experiences and career advancement, placed by a recruiter via linked in and by phone. A recruiter representing a company and a position to fill, with specific details. No regrets there. When you get hit with one of these phony "head hunter" type recruiters (they should really not be calling themselves recruiters) you will know it. It's a different vibe. Lot of verbal hype, and there is no specifics on any position. Some, after much conversation may recommend a degree program in the specific field of interest. This is non genuine. Sadly I've been on the receiving end with others that fit the description of a previous poster. Waste of time. Felt manipulated. Screener is friendly, interested, tons of questions, still No position details, no placement, and a web site that looks like a million other clip art web sites anyone could set up. Broad career postings with no specifics, nothing of value, Including references to news stories in the industry, but not much else. Not aware of a single advancement or placement with that type. Questionable. Be aware of the later. Ask questions.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

um, your defending or condemning who? Pharma's future and even their recent past is bleak, no doubt. Maybe you are not familiar with how Pharma brand teams and marketing teams work. Are you not aware of why we have always been told to lock doors and laptops, and to shred papers at meetings? Any idea of the budget these companies still have to pay outside vendors to crawl around in search of any competitive piece of information?
    Quality jobs are tough to find. People that take advantage of those of us looking for careers exist. Sorry.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiters are also good to keep in touch with over the long term. I referred a friend to a recruiter for a job and the firm paid me a referral fee!

I continue to touch base with the recruiter who paid me the referral fee from time to time. I figure he's a good guy to know just in case.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, the are millions of Americans struggling to feed their families and survive in a contracting market and you want me to display "pity" on someone with a phone line and computer. Why even bother with the conversation? Sure, if you have a PhD in bio mechanics and they are seeking talent to move across the nation a recruiter could be an asset, but otherwise not needed.

A simple linked in add will generate more than enough candidates. The top 3 will be super too.
    For a fact, from the words of V.P. "we get over 300 qualified candidates for every job posted on indeed or linked in major metro areas.

Your odds are 300:1 good luck....and a recruiter is going to change that?

My favorite. The job pays 300,000 annually at goal. The problem no one in the company ever makes the goal. The truth, if you work like a slave for a year and get some breaks you can make 90, but will most likely be fired in the next six months. No thanks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see the same device or supply jobs posted over and over. Yep, these are the ones always toted as being huge income potential upwards of 200k. No one ever stays indicating the job is a nightmare. Pharma is a nightmare. A few biologics jobs are incredible but very hard to find as no one has even heard of the company name. I have a friend who got lucky, jumped from PCP pharma making 110 total to biologics making 190k with no babysitting!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some recruiters that work directly for hiring company or CSO are worth our time, while others, and most of us have talked with them, are a pure waste of time. To think some actually make money off of conversations with us after pretending to screen us for non- existent positions, Outrageous!