Where is Joe Canning when you need him?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2014 at 4:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

other than JC...they all left on their own. no different than other companies senior leadership..change is constant. If you like Tosh...great, he'll be gone soon, if you hate him..great, he'll be gone as well

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure they did and the Elvis and Kennedy are still alive and living on an island in the Pacific.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about this. Ask, "What do you mean when you say, 'diversity?'"

Everyone at AZ is:

College educated
    Well spoken
    attractive
    able to pass an assessment
    has experience is sales.

That sounds discriminatory! Because it is discriminatory.

When AZ says "diversity," they mean "skin color." Nothing more.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. They mean skin color, gender and sexual orientation. They love to put a few African American women, gay men and women, and mix in a few hispanics and asians to show that they are a diverse organization. Just look at the T.V. ads. They are a reflection of how AZ sees diversity. But it is all a show.
    They hire and promote people who look different but dress, think, and act exactly the same. Get out of line and really be different and you won't last long.
    I have a very good friend in leadership at AZ, who happens to be black, tell me that he spends most of his time trying to out white the white leaders in AZ. He figured out the game long ago.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bring him back to mop up this mess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with everything except the "think" part.

AZ loves people who don't think.. :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is JC these days?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw Joe nearly a year ago working with some company pushing a canned sales technique. I talked with him for awhile. Still a great guy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe was a salesman's sales leader and not very good or interested in company politics. If you get caught in the middle of a power struggle in the AZ corporate culture, you will end up in line with him. At AZ experience and results do not matter a twit. It is all about politics and image. Just look at the guy who replaced Joe as our NSD. That is all that you need to know about why AZ is a train wreck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This quote is right on.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to love watching MT, MM, and DB thump their chests and act like real tough guys bragging about how tough they were. Well Joe was the real deal. A Vietnam vet who had faced the worst things in life and came out the other side. What he did took real courage while the others were just pretenders. But then AZ is built on fakes and phony self promoters.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember 9-11 and Joe letting everyone out of a Dallas meeting when he was respiratory nsd. I was having my meeting a mere 2 hours from nyc, and I let my folks go. I was written up. He was hard to work for if you were his direct report, but he commanded your attention , and would stand up for you. He was the only person at AZ at that time that you would do anything for.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of which, is rick Suarez still around?