interviewing for a job at Applied

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently interviewing for a sales job at Applied. Wow, these posts are vicious. Is it really this bad? Can somebody give me the good, bad and ugly about this company? The job is on the east coast.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where on the east coast? I would just give the general region or district if i were u. the applied mgrs read this site religiously so be careful

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can easily make between 120-150 your first year, there is probably "plenty of opportunity for growth" in the open territory.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That statement is most likely extreme sarcasm. If not it is from one of the many managers is Applied who misrepresent the compensation you should expect.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not a pleasant company to work for, but as per many prior posts if you are looking to break into medical/surgical device sales use Applied to get in the door and establish a track record that after 1-3 years you can use to springboard to a company that you can build a career with and feel good about yourself in.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh go fuck yourself......there is no way you will make 120-to-150...you are a fucking lie......just like in my interview....stupid fucking manager....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you misunderstood. I think they were making the point,through sarcasm, that AppLIED medical managers are a bunch of lieing douche bags.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll get out of it what you put into it. yes you can make money but you have to work for it, just like any job. The few guys on here are pissed b/c they didn't make what their manager said they could make. Yah, it's a high target, but if they were all low, you'd have nothing to work toward.

I've been here a few years now and have continuously made over $100/year. But I have to work for it. Expenses are tight, but they were in my last job too.

If all this sounds like a load of shit, then I'd like to hear of a job where you don't have to work that hard, you're making over $100/year and you have a fat expense account.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work 50 hours a week...250k...small expense account...but i don't sell Walmart products like Applied strictly on price.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there any openings within your company?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take a guess - Intuitive???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not intuitive but I have the same call points.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you're interviewing for a position here, just read the 1000 other posts if you really need to know. numbers don't lie

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. read the 1000 other posts that are from probably 5 or so same disgruntled ex reps. It's the same thing in each post from the same few people. ya some people get bitchy about this job, but they're going to be bitchy about any job.

bottom line, don't base your decision about a company based on an anonymous message board.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More than 5 reps posting

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doubt it when you can read the same thing in all of them. It's the same handful of people.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sincerely doubt it is just the same 5 people. Take a look at these boards over the last 4-5 years, then take a look at the unbelievable turnover that this company has over that same time frame. It's not hard to imagine that it is more than the same disgruntled few that are complaining. I'm glad you've managed to drink the Kool-Aid. I wish I was as easy to please as you are but the truth is that the vast majority of us have been lied to over and over by the management of this company, so the venting on here is very real. That said, I'm looking to get out. I should have known better and shame on me for not believing what was said on here. If you're interviewing here, know this: This can be a good first step into medical device but that's it. It is not a career building company and never will be. Those that have climbed the ladder here are those that have never been anywhere else in the industry but Applied. They've "bought in" to Said's crap. They think this is how it is at other companies and I can assure you, it is not. But in a short amount of time, you'll see that this is not what they make it out to be.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

spot on. To anyone young (or dumb) enough to voluntarily, and with good conscious, join this pathetic D-rated medical "device" company, I would advise you to do your HW and PLEASE research the company in your area. Applied's reputation is G*d awful in most parts of the company, they're losing business left and right, and ultimately losing reps. The turnover truly is one of the highest for any company and nobody wants Applied reps in their cases because they bring zero value. It's not just 5 reps because these posts have been getting put on this board for almost 6 years now. So unless you just need any old job to pay some bills and it's better than working at Walmart or McDonalds, don't waste your time here. You will thank me later

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys cry and bitch about what a shitty place Applied is to work, but I've never seen a posting where you say it's better. Other than "i deserve more money" nobody is offering up ways to make things better.