Energy Device?!... Come ON

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LigaSure.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will That BE True?!...

Next Quarter or Thumped.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hah hah, funny... I bet you warm your device in your pocket...

Just W8

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied No's the answer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop Whining & sell what's in Your Bag...

As A Matter of Fact, put all Your devices in The Bag & Sell It All...

After The Role Play.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates? Maybe we can introduce some energy into a saturated market to compete with Intuitive too?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or maybe we should've just given up with trocars and catheters and hand access. All those markets were already locked up and saturated when we came in.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Catheters? Really? I'm surprised you didn't throw in stents, guidewires and our disposable angioscope while you're at it. Hand access was in it's infancy with crap disk being the only true competition. There is no doubt Gelport was far superior and we deserve that business. Our trocars are pretty decent when the tip doesn't break and our price definitely makes them more favorable to the customer. Ask yourself this, why aren't our catheters and other products dominating in a saturated market?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seeing how much success ConMed is having with Altrus, I'd be fine if this stayed shelved forever. Right now I just see this driving up quotas with only PIPs in return.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you had any idea what the market looked like before we entered, you would have seen that they were all locked up by big players. do your homework before sounding like an idiot.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, a lot of companies had the market locked up before some small company earned more business through innovative technology. Applied was one of them. By the way, how is our stent business? ACMI came into the saturated market and they are doing better than us. Then there are the big players like Boston Sci, Cook and Bard. Our access sheaths lost business after we pioneered the damn things. Ask the doc who was influential in the design who he uses? He is only in the backyard of Santa Margarita if you want to get in touch.

Other ancillary products that we don't even focus on are treading water. Gelport is without a doubt an incredible product that revolutionized hand-assist. However, we aren't gaining the share after peaking a little while back. Why is that? Perhaps hand-assist cases are down. Perhaps other procedures are more appealing. Gelpoint is solid too, but robotics will soon be taking that share once they promote single site robotic surgery. Despite the fact that there is minimal clinical data on the advantage of single incision Intuitive will continue to lure reps from Applied, Covidien and Ethicon. Our trocars are getting hit by reprocessing. How's the 5mm solution working by the way? Do we have over 40% market share yet?

I just had one grain of salt in my Skinny Girl margarita and it was damn good. Like the other person said, look no further than Conmed and the Altrus when it comes to energy. How is that for my homework assignment?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never thought I'd say this, but we're better of without Voyant in the bag. It'll just lead to a mismatch of expectations and reality that will make life more difficult for very little reward.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just focus on the 5mm solution and you're gonna be on stage. You might even make six figures while you're at it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah, you're right, we would be better off with you not having voyant in your bag. You clearly don't have what it takes to sell a device, let alone an energy device.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not making what you think you should be? the door's right over there my friend. go find something where you think you can make six fig. if you sold rather than complained, you might make six.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see where this guy is coming from. Doesn't sound like the ConMed crew is having a blast selling the Altrus and unless we really get aggressive on pricing, I can't see how we'll do much better.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't post the 5mm thing. I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that there are a lot of great companies where you're wanted, treated with respect, making great money and having fun. The above post sounds exactly like a manager at Applied. Good luck everyone.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any day now...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you wouldnt know what to do with it if you had it

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reprocess it?