Former Propecia Sales Reps

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2014 at 12:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there any of you out there, still on this forum? There are some questions I'm trying to solve.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fire away. I'm listening.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still here too. Been on Finasteride since 00'. Works great aside from giving me man boobs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you still work at Merck? Was/is your experience with Merck positive or negative?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still clinging to life on this melting iceberg. I was happy. Today, not so much.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! I am on it too. Luckily I haven't grown man boobs just yet!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why didn't the Propecia warning label carry the risk of persistent side effects until recently?

To the other poster, the risk of gynecomastia (man boobs) still isn't even on the warning label for Propecia. Do you know why this is? Unfortunately this condition almost never goes away on its own without surgery.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could it be Propecia is only 1 mg of finasteride once a day while Proscar is 5 mg once a day?

If you are old enough your doctor can prescribe generic finasteride 5 mg for your BPH and save you a few bucks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. try working out at the gym. I promise that will resolve your manboobs

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it won't. Propecia can cause gynecomastia or actual breast tissue to form in your chest. Working out can burn off fat, but this isn't fat. Do a quick web search.

Why did it take so many years to put some kind of warning for irreversible sexual side effects on the Propecia label. There were thousands of reports of this online for a long time but the warning label said they reverse if you stop taking the drug. I certainly don't care about my hair enough to risk my sex life permanently.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds like a posting from a scumbag lawyer trolling for info

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, not a lawyer. Just starting to lose some hair and wanted to know why the label changed after the medication was being sold for so many years. Do any of the reps have an answer to this or know when the side effects became an issue?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask the Wolfman on his thread. I bet he takes 50mg of Propecia to grow all of that hair.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding?!? Our evil company is run by a scumbag lawyer. Any lawyer trolling for info on this site is protecting the public against our abominable institution

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, trolling cafepharma will not result in answers. Ask a physician. Side effect data in a PI does not necessarily represent a causal relationship.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not trolling... I took Propecia a few years ago before there was any warning and boom, I have had broad sexual dysfunction since. At the time, I asked my doctor and he just went off of what was on the label. I have since seen doctors that recognize Propecia causes permanent side effects but they have no idea how to treat it. This is easily the worst thing to happen to me in my entire life.

I just find it so hard to believe human beings would be able to hide this information for personal material gain while innocent customers have their lives ruined. I was hoping one of you would have some information about how and why this happened.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, you have to do weight training. I've been on this product for years and have no man boobs. Weights will solve it. Do that and you won't have issues. Also, don't believe everything you see on a web search.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If manboobs are a problem I have a solution. 1. Don't eat butter. 2. Drink home made lemonade. Both of these things will decrease grease and fat. Good luck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you not understand this? 'Manboobs' caused by Propecia are not fat, they are actual breast tissue found in females. Working out will reduce fat, but Propecia does not cause you to get fat. The side effect caused by Propecia is permanent and will not go away without surgery.

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/what-do-i-do-about-my-man-boobs