Stop complaining and start selling!!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You saw the video! Bottom feeders are getting the boot!

Time to get serious folks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But my back hurts and I'm tired and I don't have good access and I'm out of RFM money and my kids are sick and I don't like my CTL

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, I am selling. I had a physician sign for dulera and I mentioned coverage. Then I had someone else sign for nasonex and we talked about our kids dance recital. I am doing my part, what about you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's cute to see people still believe in the fallacy that Pharma reps drive sales.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am selling. Trying to get ahead of you fools! If I get laid off at least I am setting myself up for a nice bonus to feed my kids!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U better start selling yourself for a new job. You care about your kids? Make sure you can feed them and find a job. You are a fool if you pour it all into merck right now. You better b looking.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deli slinger

Oh I forgot that is selling in the pharma world.

Most reps cant sell puntang on a troop train.

Hahahha. They stand by their goofy performance numbers that are driven my managed care plans. Silly reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a total dips hit. I feel sorry for your kids with such a loser parent. Get a damn clue.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom feeders are not getting the boot. That is the problem. A & D are safe-protected C & D are not protected. There are many lower performers in A & D that will be kept. There will be many high performers in B & C that will be let go.
    Performance does not count in maintaining your job at Merck. No need to complain since when you keep the poor performers Merck will not benefit with the mediocre crew that will be left behind.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will keep the cheap and the stupid. That's the Merck rep of the future…maybe even the present.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sig sig sig sig sig sig sig sig

Whew! What a day in the trenches!

FU Merck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I walk into offices with a lump in my pants! NOW I've got ALL of the ladies attention in the office!

They gaze and drool with delight....they are hypnotized!

I'm the one in control!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the reality. A and D will stay. They will have to be bottom 10% to even be considered not to stay. Even then they will probably stay to ease customer interruption. The company recognizes that performance rankings are bs. The only question is which B,C or E reps stays as well. That will be determined by a third party making very sure merck is protected in a legal environment, in other words, consistent actions so no class appears favored and no protected group is disadvantaged. Again, performance is not a big issue. It never has been. Look at previous layoffs. Lots of good people given the boot. It's about saving the company money and protecting them legally.

Merck performance ranking are ridiculous anyway. It's primarily driven By territory dynamics managed care and accounts. I have seen many president and VP winners move territories for various reasons over the years and the success is not duplicated. I include myself here, I believe I do a good job but there are other factors involved. I have been on trips with winners who can't tie a knot. It's just the way the system is and merck knows it. So, don't hang your hat on performance thinking it will save you, it won't. Let history teach you.

If you are B, C or E you should be looking hard for a job. Collect to incomes for a long time. Everyone else should keep your eyes open because working here is like playing Russian roulette with your career, sooner or latter your time will come.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sock must be uncomfortable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He never said if the lump was in the front or back of his pants. I think the back. And the only person drooling is him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with many of the points above...most notably the usage of a third-party service that makes sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. Never had an HR problem in my 20 years; performance record was good (most years top quintile).

It's a numbers game....

Had a previous (retired) executive director call me when she heard I was let go; she shared with me that my lay off was a mistake and others that she called still in management agreed with her, but there was nothing that could be done.

Gotta take some from Column A; some from Column B; etc.

Good luck to those that continue to be let go and those that remain....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not true. Merck kept me (Legacy SP) over a very good Merck CV rep during the merger w/ SP. The director made a call and brought the Legacy Merck rep back within 2 weeks. We have had many successful years working together since.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder what would happen if Reps who are laid off for "numbers" sales or a bad year with the data supplied by our vendors would ask for verification of these "numbers" by an attorney. They do not want anyone to know how inaccurate Merck sales data really is. IMS will not gaurantee data at 80%. They will use other reasons to let people go.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely correct about the data. I was once an analyst with merck, left 4 years ago, the data is not accurate. They use a set of formulas to drive data down to the physician level because the data is incomplete, missing and not detailed to the physician level. The rational is that it is corrupted for everyone so it's fair. It's not bad on a regional or even district level---I would say about 80% accurate but when u push to territory level it's horrible.

I can assure you merck will never make decisions on this data because of the legal implications. They would never allow a case to go to trial. Did you ever see anyone fired for performance? No, they can always find some other issue or harass someone to quit.

Now that I am out of the business, I can confidently tell you the end is near. Before I left they had multiple sets of long term plans outlining moves the company would make in the event of different market conditions. The long range principal was that sales representation was needed for competitive reasons. The rep had limited ability to drive prescription volume through core messaging. Managed care and account consolidation create enormous pressure at the physician level and drive most decisions. The belief among sr management is that it's the old "reach and frequency" model works if for nothing other than reminder messages. They feel this can be accomplished with contract reps which cost merck far less than 20 year vets making 150K per year. The long term plan is to have a couple merck reps in each district calling on top targets and accounts and working with MC while they employ mini armies of contract reps. This gives the company flexibility and accomplishes their marketing goals at about 50-60% of current cost. It will take them about 3 more years to get this done. Be sure however it will be done. If you are younger than 50 I would highly recommend you get out quick on your terms. If your over 50, maybe you can get some bridge to retirement package. There is not a future in sales here or really any pharma company, they all follow each other's lead.