Mylan keeps taking down the list of people they fired, so....

Discussion in 'Mylan' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These positions below are positions that were held by people and those people no longer work at Mylan. Since Mylan somehow continues to get this information pulled down, I am being forced to have them investigated. Why are Cafe Pharma treating Mylan different from any other Pharma Company out there? I have not mentioned any names of individuals in these roles. I have not even put initials of the people in these roles. Cafe Pharma, I'm calling on you to explain to everyone why you are treating Mylan different than any other big pharma company who would like to get this stuff taken down. People post on your site, because you are fair with regards to your rules, but allow the truth to be told and companies to be held accountable. There are a lot of families who have been hurt by Mylan. They summarily fire people regularly, without giving them warnings or performance plans. They are embarrassed by the sheer volume of VPs and above that they have canned over the last two years! It is wrong. They know it. Anyone who reads this and takes a job at Mylan should look at yourself as a "scab," like in football, crossing lines to play for owners who are luring high performing candidates to Pittsburgh and West Virginia, only to fire them within a year or two after they move their family to Pittsburgh or WV, buy a house, start their children in a new school, etc...because they believe in Mylan and they believe the people in the interview process.

2. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

We appreciate your concerns and your desire to discuss this issue and share important information with your colleagues. As you have seen, we are not making any attempts to prevent discussion of this issue.

We did remove some posts that included mention of specific positions and statements that some in those positions had been fired. This was not done because the company requested we remove them (we regularly decline to remove posts that companies request we remove if we judge that the posts do not include posting violations), but to be fair to the individuals who held those positions.

We usually remove post about identified individuals being fired unless the positions involved are at the highest levels or if there is publicly available information corroborating the information.

We will allow discussion of the positions involved if no specific mention of firing is linked to individual positions. And we will continue to evaluate this issue. As you mentioned, we are committed to being fair and we are committed to free speech and a frank discussion of issues important to our users. Thank you for contributions and please continue to reach out to us with suggestions and questions about the site

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that is the case, I am going to take an entire day and go through every company board to make sure you pull down similar posts to the ones that you pulled down here. I hope you will apply the same standards to all of your other boards that you have to the Mylan board. In my latrst post, I did not say they were fired. I said they were no longer with Mylan, so i'm not sure why it was taken down again. Therefore, i'm going to start a new thread discussing high turnover at Mylan. I am going to put the positions, but AGAIN, will not put whether they quit or are gone. Simply that the positions have turned over over the last two years. I am being fair in telling you that I am working with someone to get an article written about these "irregularities" of what your site is removing from Mylan's board vs say...an AstraZeneca board...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way to go, keep up the good work, I always thought Mylan to be a good company now I know.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for saying that! I have questioned myself as to why I am spending time and effort to expose the 19th Century type of treatment of employees at Mylan, a bullshit company that thinks they are so much better than all of the other generic manufacturers, when; in fact, they are far worse in so many ways. Then, it hit me...That is who I am! I care about people. I am a passionate leader, who always does the right thing for the business! Developing your people, as opposed to firing them, isn't mutually exclusive to doing what's right for the business. I'm the leader who fights against people much stronger, wealthier, more powerful (with their armies of attorneys they hide behind.). They are cowards. I am the guy who didn't let bullies pick on the weaker kids in school! I stand for something. They don't stand for ANYTHING. They would sooner fire someone than develop them! That's because they don't want people with passion, fervor, thoughts of their own. They have no idea who they are or who they desire to be. First, they are "The Largest American Generic Manufacturer." They put down Teva, saying, "Teva has no idea if they want to be a generics company...a branded company...they are no longer committed to generics...we are committed to the generics space," bla, bla, bla. Next thing you know, they put all of their focus on the one branded drug they have, that is about to go off patent...exactly what Teva did...taking their eye off of their bread and butter. That is a short term focus on earnings per share. Then, they buy whatever company they can get their hands on in order to avoid US Corporate tax rates. The Chairman likens that to Americans buying a foreign car...which is just ridiculous, but whatever. so, now you have a company with the majority of its workforce in India because they can manufacture drugs much cheaper there. They are HQ in Europe. Their main places of business are in Pittsburgh and West Virginia, where it's virtually impossible to attract talent, yet they have fired so many people that they did lure to Pittsburgh. None of it makes sense. Are they brand or generic? Are they American or European? Why do their C-Level Execs make more than companies ten times their size? Why so much turnover of Vice Presidents with long, successful records at the biggest and best Pharma Companies out there? Why am I the one asking these questions? Where are the hedge funds on these issues? We shall see, I suppose.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure what your point is? You have a problem with Mylan because they are leveraging emerging market talent pools (such as In India)? You dislike Mylan because they are evolving their business model to a profitable mix of generics and branded products using an opportunistic growth model? You feel Mylan execs are overpaid even though it is their unrelenting (albeit sometimes nasty and aggressive drive) that has grown Mylan's revenues tenfold over the last decade? Or, are you just a sore loser because Mylan fired you because you could not cut it in that ultra-competitive (albeit somewhat unprofessional and ruthless) culture? I'm not saying Mylan does not have Hr problems - sure they do, but then most big pharma cos are Hr nightmares riven with intimidation, threats, cronyism, unethical quality and marketing practices, workplace bullying, managers who lack integrity etc. - why then are you singling out Mylan for your attacks? Is it because you were fired by Mylan (perhaps unfairly)? Come clean with your relationship with Mylan - that would perhaps add credibility to your posts

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at all. I have no problem with any of it, except the fact that Mylan Leadership has said on numerous occasions that Teva doesn't know what they are or what they want to be. Next thing you know, Mylan follows....because they are followers...Teva's "opportunistic strategy." I just find that ironic. The worst part is NOT that I was unfairly fired. I never said I was fired. The worst part is that Mylan is luring great, talented people with families, kids, mortgages, cars, loans, etc to Pittsburgh and Morgantown and then firing them rather than develop them! I promise you, you will not find one other big pharma company that is worth a damn that has hired and fired so many high level individuals over such a short period of time as Mylan! I challenge you to find anyone even close. At any other company, when one VP is fired or quits, it's a huge deal. They pull the workforce together to say something about it! Mylan fires scores of VPs over the course of a year and doesn't say a word to anyone about anything! Is that "Leadership?" absolutely NOT! And the fact that you support it speaks volumes about your character! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to the likes of you, as to whether or not I "cut it" in your unprofessional environment that is going nowhere fast! Believe me, according to my performance reviews from multiple managers, I am a fucking superstar! For many years...You are unprofessional and will not be able to attract talent until people like you are fired.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious! "Leveraging emerging talent pools, like India!" Hehe. How often are all of those plants in India inspected by the FDA, douchebag? Why have Mylan recalls gone up considerably since you started "leveraging emerging market talent?" You have a Chairman who let's his no-talent son use the corporate jet to fly to his "gigs." You have a CEO who lied about having an MBA. You are a bunch of uneducated, horrible grammar, misfits that are the laughing stalk of Pharma. Cowards that fire anyone who has a thought in their head. Live with that because everyone who currently works there is looking for other jobs and hates it there and hates you! Truth.

QUOTE=Anonymous;5225826]Not sure what your point is? You have a problem with Mylan because they are leveraging emerging market talent pools (such as In India)? You dislike Mylan because they are evolving their business model to a profitable mix of generics and branded products using an opportunistic growth model? You feel Mylan execs are overpaid even though it is their unrelenting (albeit sometimes nasty and aggressive drive) that has grown Mylan's revenues tenfold over the last decade? Or, are you just a sore loser because Mylan fired you because you could not cut it in that ultra-competitive (albeit somewhat unprofessional and ruthless) culture? I'm not saying Mylan does not have Hr problems - sure they do, but then most big pharma cos are Hr nightmares riven with intimidation, threats, cronyism, unethical quality and marketing practices, workplace bullying, managers who lack integrity etc. - why then are you singling out Mylan for your attacks? Is it because you were fired by Mylan (perhaps unfairly)? Come clean with your relationship with Mylan - that would perhaps add credibility to your posts[/QUOTE]

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why the nasty personal attacks on posts that challenge your blanket blackening of the Mylan name? ? Old wounds opening up are they? Are you a former Mylan-ite who is 'no longer here'? Why not post your details here - when you were at Mylan, why you are 'no longer here' etc.? Why are you being so cowardly as to hide behind internet anonymity and cast aspersions at a corporation and its people? What is your end-game? Are you trying (in your own immature, churlish way) to 'make sure that Mylan pays for what they did to you'?

Trust me, Mylan will continue to grow into billions of revenue and profits, despite removing you from their team - you are not and never will be indispensable: sure, Mylan has many issues that need addressing: what is your benefit in bad-mouthing this company?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You call people that take jobs "scabs", make fun of how people talk when English comes as their second language, and threaten the message board administrator....and you call others a bully? Do yourself a big favor - get counseling and move on with your life. Your family needs you more than this internet site does. You are nobody's hero by posting replies 24/7.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly somebody hit a nerve, no? Maybe you are one of the "leaders" who has fired all of the below people...People with families. People that you lured to Pittsburgh or to Morgantown, only to fire them for trying to passionately do their jobs. Nobody can tell me that all of these people at such high levels were hired and fired within a year or two and that is no big deal..."sure, Mylan has problems like any other company..." No, that doesn't cut it. i'll post all of the positions again, so you can see how many lives you people have hurt. It's hilarious that you think one person is posting all of this! You are clueless. I see new posts from other people every day! Finally, my end game is that if I can save even just one person from quitting their job at a company where they are thought highly of, are supported, developed and respected, then I have done a great service. As I said, I care about people. Mylan Leadership views human beings as disposable tools. I know you are upset because the Pharma talent pool can now "See Inside" Mylan for real, instead of some BS Marketing Campaign and what's inside very different than any other Pharma Company...It's actually really sad because Mylan has so many good people that literally are in fear for their jobs on a daily basis, that deserve better than what they are getting. You know it and anyone who sees such high turnover of Key positions knows it too. Mylan will not continue to grow organically without talented people. You don't appreciate people. You treat them like dogs. Finally, English isn't a 2nd language to "Pittsburghese." That is trailor trash, uneducated accent. I guess time will tell who is right. You or me. I'm never going to stop standing up for the employees. You keep firing them!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at all of these roles...all human beings. You decide who to believe...This person above trying to make it appear that this is no different than what you see at any Pharma Company and i'm just a deranged person, who is angry because I was fired... or that this level of turnover is an indicator that something is terribly wrong and somebody needs to stand up to Mylan and expose them for what they are.. Any opinions about this below?

-VP Marketing North America
    -VP Marketing Mylan Specialty
    -VP Marketing Mylan Institutional
    -VP Marketing Mylan Pharmaceuticals inc.
    -VP Global Digital Marketing
    -Sr. Director of Meeting Planning
    -Marketing Creative Agency of Record for over 28 years
    -Marketing Creative Agency who took the above agency's place
    -Marketing Consultant for Mylan Specialty for a number of years
    -President Mylan Specialty
    -VP of Global Sales Training
    -Mylan Global COO "retired to spend more time with his family."
    -VP, Sales & Channel Development
    -Sr. VP of Quality (was with Mylan for over 30 years)
    -Global Chief Medical Officer
    -Chief Council of Mylan Pharmaceuticals
    -Sr. Director of Global Regulatory Affairs, Mylan Specialty
    -Sr. Manager of Regulatory Affairs for Mylan Specialty and Mylan Pharmaceuticals, inc.
    -VP of Business Development, North America
    -VP of Global Commercial Operations
    -Sr. VP of Global Human Resources (Several of the top HR Officers have been there one day/gone the next over the last two years.
    -EVP, Corporate Strategic Development
    -Director, Corp Strategic Development
    -Sr. Director of Pricing, Mylan Pharmaceuticals

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm ... most every corporation treats employees as expendable: some companies are nastier than others - GE Healthcare and J & J for example ruin hundreds of promising careers every year; Merck is known as a very nasty place to work; Mylan's firing rate does seem unusually high: but could this also be a factor of rapid growth and evolving culture, as well as a clash of the old-line Mylan executives trying to hang on to their 'old way of doing things' vs. the new blood coming in with guns blazing and not taking the time to understand the Mylan culture and adapting?

Also, you may want to consider easing off on the continued personal attacks - all they do is present you in a negative churlish, immature light. Mylan's job (and that of any for-profit corporation) is to increase profits without breaking the law - and Mylan has been doing that year-over-year: their growth seems unstoppable - apparently the fired people make no difference to Mylan's bottom line. Who cares if some loser gets fired? They are grown-ups and should learn to land on their feet - Mylan is not responsible to provide guaranteed lifetime employment for anybody: its an employment at will scenario.

Why don't you just move on from your bitterness at being (according to you) mistreated/kicked out by Mylan? Also, please stop making racist remarks and inappropriate comments against the hardy people of Pittsburgh - they are the salt of the earth, despite your crude racist put-downs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applaud your efforts. I am grateful to no longer be in that hell hole. I held on far too long until I simply could no longer tolerate the mean, nasty and dysfunctional environment that was encouraged at the highest levels. If you really want to uncover the magnitude of lives and careers destroyed by Mylan, and not only with these Sr level positions, find out how many times many positions were impulsively turned over multiple times in very short time frames. All affected were high integrity, well respected, hard-working, and dedicated employees.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You did not strike a nerve, and I have not fired anyone. Just giving you advice. Your posts are concerning from a mental health perspective. I only suggested moving on with you life for the benefit of you and your family. And for the people that accept one of these open jobs with Mylan - you are not scabs, as prior poster states.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't need the advice of an unethical person, who leads an organization that treats people and their families like they are disposable garbage, by luring them to Pittsburgh and Morgantown, only to allow your despot CEO and President to throw temper tantrums and fire so many people, who were passionate and loved Mylan, but made the mistake of having an opinion or not leading by consensus, just like YOU asked us to do in Vegas! No, you're not going to get fired for making mistakes! I want you to think out of the box... You are a liar. The culture of Mylan comes down from you. You may think that by taking shots at my mental health, you are winning some game....but this is NOT a game. These are people's lives. These are people who were highly respected individuals in their fields and I am going to continue to expose you and expose Mylan for what it is... a dangerous place to take a job. If you love your spouse and your kids, you won't take a chance on Mylan after they have proven to care nothing about individuals, their families and have callously summarily fired them with no performance improvement plans, many of them with great performance reviews year after year. People work their whole life to build a career and you people sit on your throwns and fire them without ever losing a wink of sleep...AND ANYONE who backfills one of these positions is; in fact, nothing more than a scab, crossing a picket line and allowing Mylan to continue to treat people like garbage, without any ramifications. We can do this every day if you want. I don't mind. You have made it my life's work to make everyone I come in contact with in the pharmaceutical industry aware of the culture at Mylan, which doesn't put employees first. You allow your CEO and President to and C-Level officers fire people for no reason, as though we are in the early 1900's and there are no employment laws. Well, there is social media and you're exposed!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the word is spelled "thrones". I would not degrade people's ability to write emails or speak (especially when generalizing a large group of people) unless you are perfect, and none of us are.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You keep trying to misdirect. I won't be deterred from exposing Mylan for the corrupt soulless company that you are. That comment about your education really affected you, didn't it, Rob?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubt he reads this. One thing for sure is that you need professional help.