MSL POSITION?

Discussion in 'Discovery Labs' started by Anonymous, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted by recruiter for MSL position in TX. Could someone give me helpful and valid information about this role? The company? I don't know much about the company or management. Thank you for your constructive and serious replies only.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nobody left in sales/marketing to answer your question. Take the job guinea pig and you can be the one to answer the next guy's question. Just do it quick, or you'll be gone too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did not want to leave but was laid off. But was beginning to get resume out there before lay offs. We had a few big layoffs and I survived until spring.
    Pros: great future if they can get there, I hear they've brought some good r&d experts in, not big pharma atmosphere
    Cons: over priced product but only synthetic which is good but with no chance in hell unless drop price no one credible in medical or commercial (except director in marketing), Msl report in to medical affairs on paper but to sales really. You will be a glorified rep. Compliance not good, no leadership in medical, lots of ruined relationships with thought lders. No leadership on msl team and lots of infighting. Higher up leadership commercial is laughing stock.
    Aero surf will be great success if you can hang on that long but chances are very high you'll be let go before it comes out. Could have been a great company. With some leadership. msl are probably not fun job because new manager not respected or fair. Good luck with your decision. I wouldn't go back because I'm worried I'd get laid off.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous post is right on. Plus no way to be promoted. No plan in place from human resources to help u move up ladder or move to other areas. Lots of reps want out of sales and also Msl and sales directors are both very inexperienced and have no leadership skills. It's not a friendly work place and if you are wanting to move up there is no way

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the woman running the msl team is horrible ........do not work for discovery

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She's not horrible. She just has a horrible management style. She will run the remaining msls off soon just wait. No one on the inside will do anything about it. I was there when they brought her on and saw the way they handled it with the former msl manager. Didn't do a deep dive into style or experience She's very mean except to one MSL her pet and takes credit for everyone else's work. Puts on a nice professional face to management but then is like a crocodile smiling through a marshmallow to her msls. Won't give them credit and steals their ideas I liked the guy they had in before because he knew his stuff. He could be a msl and manager if needed. She can't do the science and can't manage either. They need someone who can manage fairly who is a clinician and can be a manager/msl who won't play favorites. I knew of a few other candidates they should have looked at but no one would even let me bring their resumes in. Huge mistake for the company. She reports into Miller not Clayton and takes all direction from commercial. She's too weak to know to push back. The msls are sales reps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a jealous has been, pissed because you weren't considered for the role or was laid off. Get a life.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree......TC is a horrible manager..........has had many issues with her people........but that is rewarded at discovery labs....she will do well

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked to get sincere feedback before I interviewed. I haven't seen anything positive. I'm really disappointed. I have a shitty job now and was going to consider a change but I guess not to this company. I'm really disappointed because it sounded so promising. I have a terrible manager now and can't go to another one. And it seems layoffs are coming so..... Really too bad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

take the job...........hide out "training" for 6 months while you look for another job

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bullshit all around.