Take Mirvaso off market

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are scary AEs being reported about this drug . the public is very negative , read any message board . providers are getting worried , many won't use anymore . please Galderma take it off the market , do further research you have a issue with this drug. read the signs the signals before it ruins the rep of the entire company , don't ignore for greed sake .

sales are declining for a reason THERE ARE ISSUES WITH MIRVASO

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing wrong with Mirvaso. Doctors are not prescribing to the right patients. Should a patient with a headache get OxyContin? A patient that does not have rosacea should not get Mirvaso. Stop prescribing this drug post-procedure. No one advised you to do that. Stop treating it like one of your cosmeceuticals. It is a prescription drug. I would be pissed if a doctor prescribed something to me off-label (especially a doctor with minimal experience with a drug) and I had a bad reaction. Mirvaso is like any other drug. There are consequences for disregarding the indication. Those who prescribe it appropriately have good outcomes. Are there some side effects? Of course. Same as other topicals for rosacea. Those that don't prescribe this as indicated should look in the mirror and not blame the drug. You owe your patients an apology.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Mirvaso sucks. I'm glad I left and don't have to deal with train wreck product. If it's great then why have Dr.s.. Who have rosacea, try it and swear they'll never write again. Proof is in the numbers. Mirvaso should have never hit the market. Sorry to y'all still sucking on cool aid and actually thinking it's a good product.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the field with rep and he was telling docs the dosing is wrong. Scrambling... Desperate!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This product is a major liability. I am SO glad that I no longer have to sell it (as I quit to go to another company earlier this year). I had such a guilty conscience selling it, and would be secretly relieved when providers told me that they were going to stop rx'ing it. I called in so many adverse events, many that had never supposedly presented during the phase III clinical trials. I truly believe that many of the AE's that presented during those trials were either miscategorized or buried. It's a true disservice to these poor patients suffering with rosacea, and to the Derm customers as well. I vote to take it off the market...if not, I feel that someday soon we will see Mirvaso dumped in with vaginal mesh, Yaz, ect in the long line of late night infomercial "ambulance chaser" products that people will be able to sue over.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more off label selling by desperate reps. It is going to come back and bite the company don't do it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, it is a good drug. However, I am VERY SUSPICIOUS that this thread was started by one of the anti-corporate conspiracy theory rosacea groups that I've come across online. My docs are not reporting any major problems.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is - the drug is not really doing that well and is still below expectations. The market place is telling us what they think of the drug. Not sure if we are listening.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get your point, however, expectations are just that. They are a prediction. I've been in pharma for a long time and it is not unusual for a new drug (especially a "first in class" drug that actually works immediately to boot) to take a while before physicians learn how to use it effectively and how to deal with patient expectations. After reading this board, I browsed the online comments and noticed a few things: Mirvaso has great reviews at WebMD (a very mainstream site) and Drugs.com (another mainstream site). Also, there are very few European complaints about Mirvaso. The main site that bashes it is a rosacea forum/chat room site. But they don't like anything...capitalism, vaccines, laundry detergent...you name it. What I do know is the providers in my area have warmed up to Mirvaso considerably over the course of the past year. I think it will be prescribed for years to come (I'm not saying this just because I represent it)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you making your numbers ? that is all that really matters

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, most definitely. I think if providers give patients realistic expectations, they generally do well.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you actually look at the reviews on WebMD and drugs.com you'll see that people either really like Mirvaso or they absolutely do not like it/have had unbearable side effects, or have had to "doctor it up" with some cocktail of moisturizers and lessening the dose. I have sold this product since we launched it and I can say with confidence that I have never sold it off label. I just think that it's really weird that all of these adverse events are now popping up and are all over message boards when they didn't really show up that often in our phase 3 clinical trials. It's frustrating as a person out here trying to sell this stuff

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, it is frustrating. However, part of it may be due to the relative ages of patients in the trials (if you look at the photos, most of them were older). I have had derms tell me that their older patients have done better with straight Mirvaso than younger ones. Some have said that they advise their younger ones to cut the dose with other topicals (metro, elidel, moisturizers, etc) and titrate the dose upward prn. I am with you in that I have no comments for docs regarding off-label usage. Its interesting because younger patients are more apt to complain online. I think its a great drug, its here to stay and it will find its place.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FACT : providers use off label , some good stories , many bad . FACT : providers rx on label , some good stories , some very bad . Overall not a good drug for 50 + % who use , that is why sales decline . Should be with drawn until we can understand how to establish best results in REAL WORLD environment .

The launch might be the worst ever are Vectical !!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have a look on the rosacea group forum. Those people just want solutions, they have no bias towards Galderma as company (they are not making money from Galderma).

Its simple. Everyone has reported rebounds eventually. There were a few people who did OK for a while, but eventually reported rebounds. There is not a single regular member who reported they have been able to use it long term. Not one. There are threads over a hundred pages long where nearly everyone is complaining about how bad it is. The only positive reports are those of the initial reaction, before the inevitable rebound.

There is a lot immorality going on with regard to Mirvaso. Greed is an ugly side of mankind. The only ones supporting Mirvaso are those financially motivated to do so. It is sad to know that people are willing to stoop this low at the expense of others. You can live in denial if you wish, justifying it to yourself however you wish, but the real world data clearly shows this is a bad drug with no real hope.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mirvaso is Great

THIS PERSON IS NOT IN PHARMA! He is on here to whine and should be banned!

THIS PERSON IS NOT A PHARMA EMPLOYEE! He is on here to whine and should be banned!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is being part of pharma a requirement to post? If so, then I am sorry because I am not part of pharma. I fully disclose that. There is no mention of this criterion when posting.

However, if this is not a requirement and the forum is open to all, then you are just trying to use a scare tactic. I am simply posting the truth. Either way, it seems you do not want to accept the reality. Reps should be aware of the truth. Every human being is responsible for their actions, regardless of how it may line your pockets.

You have brought no logic to the discussion. You have not explained the posting requirements (if there are indeed any). You have not sought to address or discuss this in a logical manner. Your response is simply one of denial and an unwillingness to accept the truth. Even if I have broken any rules, which I doubt, you clearly could care less about the people Galderma is claiming to help. That is sad.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the name "cafepharma" implies that you work for the pharmaceutical industry. Please go and whine on one of your other websites. If you are not from pharma, a moderator will remove your posts (I've seen it happen before).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So there is no rule. You are just making this up because it is what YOU want. Gotcha.

It is clear how you think and how you choose to behave towards the users of the product you sell. The public should be very weary of people like you. If "whining" means doing the right thing and "whining" is a direct response to the the original thread title, then so be it. But I doubt moral people would see it that way. It is clear that you have questionable integrity and would rather attempt to suppress or deny the truth for personal gain. If the mods feel my comments are inappropriate then they will delete it. Let them do their job. The aggressive manner (bully tactics) in which you conduct yourself only serves to discredit you. Remember, karma is a bitch.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

News flash. There's also a competitive company coming out with a similar product. No doubt their employees are posting anonymous, negative comments. "Everyone has rebound?" Really? Everyone? Funny "everyone" has been two people In my area and I have over 200 providers. One was a medical assistant using it off label and treating herself. "Everyone" is not factual. Be careful when you make statements like this.