Good reasons to state when you resign?

Discussion in 'IQVIA Sales' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am going to be resigning for a great job offer, not because I don't like job or company, but because they won't tell us if we have an extension or not. I need to feed my kids and pay my bills. However, it is slightly before the end of my contract. I want to be able to keep the door at Quintiles open since I think every manager or rep will end up working contract at some point in their career. I want to be able to come back if this does not work out. How do I exit gracefully and keep that door open?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would wait till the contract is over or extended, that way Quintiles may place you on another contract. My contract just ended and Quintiles is stating they will find us all jobs. I would be afraid to resign if I did not have another job or maybe you do. In that case, I would take my chances.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I admire your conscientiousness, but I don't think you really owe them an explanation. People change jobs all the time. As long as you leave on good terms, offer two weeks notice, say and do the right things, I don't see how that wouldn't keep that door open.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These contract gigs are crap unless you have a future with good pay and benefits. I would take off in a flash in they dont.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typically how long is a contract with Quintiles? I know a rep who has worked for almost 2 years. Is that about the norm?

I applied for a rep position and have an interview next week.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One year to "whatever." There's no way to know in advance. Some are renewed year-by-year. There's an unlimited number of variables.

Contract jobs are one step above day-laborer in terms of "security." That said, if it's what's available, then it beats unemployment.

There's a vast glut of experienced reps and a shortage of positions. That's just the way it is.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moron. Under stupid in the dictionary is your name.

The entire industry is moving to contract fool.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are in contract sales. You do not need a reason to resign, nor does Quintiles have an obligation to place you into a new contract. Keep your options open.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are giving too much credit to Quintiles. They have a very short memory. If you apply in the future and they need you, they will hire you. If not, they won't. They probably won't remember you worked for them. Make the best decision for yourself now. Quintiles always takes care of itself first. You should do the same.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are several good ones. "I banged my DMs daughter" works well. Another one is "After I decided to leave I cold-cocked my top target." Of course you could always go with the old standby "At district meetings I'd hire 2 prostitutes and we'd snort coke and have weird sex all night."