3rd interview

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewing for the lung division and I was moved on to the 2nd set of face to face interviews and I was wondering what else I should do to prepare. I researched the product, know the PI, the competition and answered everyone situational question possible on the last interview.

I am not sure who this interview is with or what I should do to prepare even more. Does anyone have some helpful insight? No negative comments needed. I recently got laid off and have a family to take care of so I need a job.

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

solid advise= do not trust cp

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

honestly, make a valid connection on linked in. Grow beyond the social networking side show.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask if you could talk to others in his/her division as well as functional partners that support the geography. Understand reimbursement environment and programs that GNE offers accounts. Ascertain if there's a particular need on the team or in the geography.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you are an internal candidate if not forget it!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you ask if I am an internal candidate? Obviously I am not because my OP indicated that I need a job. So, if I am against an internal candidate then I have no chance? Why string me along for 3 interviews if they already know who they want?

Will I have to do a product detail? Is that the time to ask about salary and benefits? I have reached out to people on Linkedin but no replies. I don't even know what you guys pay. I have 10 years of pharma with 5 in oncology.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the Genentech way. Very few from outside break in. They have to interview all kinds to look good. Do you think they care if you have multiple interviews? If you have been in pharma like you say, this should be no surprise. Not knowing any Genentech person to help push you is not good. Sorry but its the truth at this stuck on itself culture company!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk about access because we have none. Also, relationships with physicians. Other than that, call the local reps for help.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless of course you are a Roche legacy, then you are of course fucked.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, no you are wrong. GENE hires from the outside way more than from the inside, especially if you are Roche legacy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Solid advice, don't trust someone who cannot spell advice

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dumbass Genentech drone it can be spelled with an s also....you stupid moron

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just trolling the boards as I sip my coffee. I have no link to your company. When I read the last few replies on advice versus advise, I envision you guys are in your late 20's or very early 30s. If you are older than that then you are drunk or real immature? LOL

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was 3rd now 4th interview...

Well, I just got that call that I made it to the 4th interview and I am hoping it is the last. Any idea how many candidates make it to the 4th round? What can I expect and is this usually the last step? Is this the time to ask about salary and benefits? For some reason, I can't get anyone to tell me what the pay scale is. Are benefits standard or is there some flexibility? I am going to lose out on some big commissions if I take this position and the stock I got when I was hired with my current company won't vest until next year so I am going to lose out on that too.

Thanks

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to the 4th interview.

I am interviewing for another position. Does anyone here have experience with working on rapid response teams? Specifically, the skill set needed to be successful.

Be that this is CP, Snarky replies are expected and almost encouraged as long as there is some truth or fact(s) associated with it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Was 3rd now 4th interview...

Go to www.glassdoor.com.

This is where you can find the average pay scale as well as interview tips and reviews of companies.

If Genentech really wants you, they are known to give sign on bonus' to make you whole in terms of commissions and stocks lost. However, this is usually done for leadership positions. If you are not going for a leadership position, I recommend looking at the long term trade off to be able to work for Genentech vs. where you are now. Look at the pipelines, employee satisfaction, benefits, opportunity for advancement, etc. www.glassdoor.com will be more helpful than cafe pharma.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the vacation allotment negotiable?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the advice but $115k is mentioned on Glassdoor and that seems pretty low of a salary for hiring the quality reps. Genentech hires. The best of the best are making a lot more then $115k.

Also, how long is training? I have heard everything from 2-8 weeks. I imagine that it is different per product but is there a standard # of weeks per product?

I guess I can ask these questions in the 4th interview but I don't want to sound ignorant so far into the process but there is not a lot of info. out there.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're complaining about 115k base and you're still interviewing? !