Would love to know why we just ended the pension benefits for new hires?

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is it a sign of whats to come for all us tenured people.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employees over 50 will most likely get their pension based on the value on the day they stop the traditional pension plan they are currently under. This practice is the norm in the business world. So if your 53 and your pension $40K based today it will still be $40K when you retire at 60. If you are under 50, there maybe a good chance you are screwed and you will get nothing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason is because nothing is unionized anymore so companies give you nothing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unions are what have ruin companies and state government. Ask the state of Illinois if unions have helped or bankrupt their state,

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got canned with the cardiovascular care layoffs in June 2013 rode out the severance, thank you abbvie, then took retirement. My financial guy said take it now dont wait another 8 years to age up to a better level because it may not be there....So any of you that have left and are eligible take it now dont risk it....just my opinion, oh by the way in another industry and loving it I do not miss having to pick up some prick in a suit that sits in the front seat and fills out a field travel report and pretends that if they had your territory it would be summit worthy every year.....Good luck to all, especially metabolic, get out now find a job elsewhere, its coming with shire deal dead what is left??? Duodopa?? for the 200 patients that are candidates for this drug nation wide? Peace....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're FOS nut boy

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, youll find out....Id wish you good luck but you wouldnt know what to do with it...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the way we work!
    All for one Abbvie!
    Be happy you have a job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they tell the workers in that Nike factory in Bangladesh the same thing. I suppose it is relative, but really, we aren't complete idiots. Do we have to be talked to like we are in 3rd grade? This place shows no respect for the people who keep this dud going.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were new hires told that? Does this policy extend to existing pensions?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there is any bright side to this, maybe AbbVie will stop the practice of getting rid of employees after 9 years of service.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bright side??? Why would you want to stay here for 30 years if the pension is gone??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one makes 5 years let alone 30.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares. did you see the stock price yesterday. I made $32000 yesterday. That's $150,000 a week and 7.5 million a year. I'm set. Go Abbvie

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You made nothing you troll Give it up nobody believes your bogus posts you weakling slacker
    Get a job !

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You post EVERY morning here and Abbvie same time you stupid douche !

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

have ruin

wow

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's the time I get up, so what. don't be mad because I have all that money in my 401K

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The unions don't negotiate unilaterally. Place the blame on the gutless politicians who pander for the votes.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

46 with 18+ years. I think I just got screwed out of a lot of pension money.
    Going to work even harder now lmfao