Life isn't fair:

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Richard R. is a friend of mine and from what I know about Richard, he does care about people. At the same time someone in his position has an obligation to the overall good of the organization which will include downsizing when necessary and conversely upsizing when the situation permits. I am sure that downsizing is not a pleasant thing for Richard to have to preside over but it comes with the position.

I was downsized from Novartis three or four years ago, found a new job, was downsized again and have found something to do which I love in my semi-retirement. I decided to not chase the corporate job again and at my age they were not standing in line to interview me. I fortunately have a license and a skill that is rare and with a part time position, my pension from Novartis and social insecurity (when I decide to take it) I am doing better than working full time.

There is life after Novartis and most of you will find something else, you might then appreciate what you had at Novartis. That being said, you will learn that the days of being loyal to an organization are over....be loyal to yourself, do what is best for yourself, your family and your future. Always fully fund your 401K, save additional money aside from that, live within your means.....

I wish you all well

Never let the bastards get you down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said...the industry will surely miss someone of your character. Best of luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have a pension? Nvs cut those years ago. We are being kicked out. Plan and simple.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor richard! I hope he s ok! Its hard on richard? Hes a good guy? Fund your 401k? Dude, take your wrinkled ball sack and go away. No one ask for your bad advice.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Op here. Yeah life isn't fair. You might want to check the local news paper in your town for any job openings.
    If you get sad, go down to the local blockbuster and rent yourself a funny video tape. Money management you ask? Well i find flipping houses and risky mortgages are a good investment.

That richards a sharp guy. Reminds me of a young richard nixon! Tricky Dick they called him, a real cats meow.

Im tired, so tired.......think ill take a nap before dinner at 3pm.

Hang in there gang. Dont let the basters get ya..............?????what was i saying?

Oh never mind. see at mcdonalds at 5am for coffee.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey- He was playing football at joe blow state and won a game. That was the beginning of a great rise - WHere do they get these guys? However, He is the only dude as all the leadership is now white females with a european accent- This is worst that a rerun of the "view"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I was one of the old timers who had a pension. I strongly recommend looking for companies that do have such but I realize those are few and far between these days. That being said, maximize your contribution to the 401K, save additional money, invest outside the 401K, use a Roth if you can, live within your means but have some fun too. Talk to a financial advisor...you will be surprised how little you take home pay drops when you make a big contribution....no sense in giving money to Barack and his Democratic crooks. (they're all crooks but the Dems are more crooked)

Your job does not define who you are. YOU define who you are. Remember to vote REPUBLICAN if you want a job in the future, Democrat if you want a hand out, a few crumbs to the poor. Too bad it's choosing the lesser of two evils but that's life in the big city.

Best of luck to all of you and remember.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are what? A thirty something? When the time comes you will remember my words and realize that I was giving good advice. If you don't prepare for the future you will be destined to spend it scratching for your existence. AND you'd love to have my ball sack.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being HERE is the future! LOVE NOVARTIS!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to pretend you know what to do as a "financial advisor" but still blaming one party on all of your woes. I suspect you have not retired, do not have a pension, and simply want to continue your (boring) political screed