Interviewing

Discussion in 'Ferring' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm confused. You took the job but you thought you were worth more money? Then why did you take the job?

I agree with you that Ferring does not pay enough for a "Specialty Sales" role. However, you are the one that ultimately decides whether or not you think the offer is worth accepting. No one forced you to take the job.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy, that's really insightful Captain Obvious. Try not to injure your brain!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know that TX rep. She loved the idea of working for Ferring, was 100% on board. Then no one in her new district bothered to welcome her, which was ok but different and then her own manager - David Watts (?) - barely spoke to her in two weeks. Didn't return her calls, never emailed her back etc. Then the Salix DM courts her, spends time getting to know her, they hit it off and she bolts - for exactly 3 grand more in salary, that's it.

The 100% sad truth is that had the folks at Ferring spent any time at all letting her know that they were actually glad to have her on the team, she'd still be there. A complete failure to recognize what motivates an employee - in her case, a little recognition and inclusion and camaraderie. You may make fun of that but you lost a good employee through a lack of caring.

BTW, I do not work for Salix, Ferring or Braintree.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best part of this co is the chef. The rest stinks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. #17--you are exactly on target. I have a LOT of Urology experience, buy and bill, Specialty. HR would not budge enough on base. Too bad as I already have existing relationships that could have leveraged. I really wanted to work with this particular manager as they seemed really sharp and someone I would enjoy working with/for. Onto looking for another opportunity.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too many people hiring in Urology. Auxilium--not a good place, even for those already there. Endo, going to lay may off with acquisition of Auxilium. Big Pharma, December is coming--more layoffs. Allergan is hunkering down with the fight against the hostile takeover from Valeant. Intuitive not hiring in my area. Anyone else have any other ideas in Specialty and Injectables?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did they offer you?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Firmagon is firmagone! Not a bad drug but offers little incentive to the purchasers as well as the recipient. No data, I mean no data, shows benefit of antagonist vs. agonist. Additionally, hormone therapy is on the downward spiral for advanced prostate cancer...most docs will resort to procedures for better reimbursement. I would definitely look at your prospective territory, reach out to some uro's who have a high volume of hormone therapy, and see what Firmagon history is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gonna be tough. Days of ME2 drugs coming to an end. Firmagon offers little in the way outcome data...plus 1x/month offers little value to the customer base. Ask any uro / onco and all hormone therapy is the same. Clinical research has been weak in this area in the past several years as new therapies are advancing to replace traditional hormone therapy. Ferring knows this...launch of firmagon never took off except in very large metro markets. Very small profit maker for company. Wouldnt be surprised if Firmagon is a dead dog in 2015.

Good Luck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a compete bullshit story. That rep was interviewing with both at the same time. She left for more than what you are reporting....glad to know you think all
    Gossip is true

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried to apply for an opportunity. The application goes through ADP not to Ferring.
    You cannot apply unless you are willing to say what year you graduated from college.
    Give me a break!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So. This is unusual how and why?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP is a rat troll post from way back.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

David Watts is a freaking moron!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in specialty pharma now and was contact by a recruiter. What's base and bonus here? I have 5 yrs total in pharma at $85K base and average $30k total in bonus, company car, etc. I also have a little bit in comp stocks. Does Ferring pay more than this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ferring is a factory of pain and sadness. Run!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. We are underpaid. If you are one of the few- you could possibly get 90. I just left here last month and got a $30,000 increase in base pay from what I was making at Ferring. Sadly, I didn't know how underpaid we were until I got my new offer.

Best advice- stay where you are and keeping looking for an opportunity that really is better. This one, I can guarantee you, is not.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on! It's a dump of a company

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a complete lie. ferring has thoroughly investigated industry norms and with the exception of an equity sharing plan Ferrings total compensation is average to the industry. That is fact. As for other benefits, such as health care, vacation, etc. Ferring follows the norm as well. The only argument which is valid is equity (stock grants, options, etc.) but this can be debated (not all public pharma companies are doing well, share holder perception driving company decision is not healthy, so being private may have an advantage, but you can potentially make more money in the long run with a public company due to equity compensation). But as far as core comp (base and bonus) Ferring is not the highest and it's not the lowest.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone in HR has their panties in a twist.