20 Shares

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....$29'ish.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh...not really sure how to even address this.

The shares value will be taxed to you based on the market price when we get them. The total will be based on the price for twenty shares on the European exchange, or forty shares of the ADRs on the American exchange. That will be ordinary income - no special tax treatment. If you sell them immediately there will be no additional gain and no additional tax. If you hold on to them (long term) and then sell them for a profit, there will be a long term capital gain and tax (currently 15%) on the value above the basis price that was established when you got the shares.

Since, admittedly, I was not really sure what your question was, I am not really sure if that is the answer...or if it helps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone who left the company to pursue other opportunities on their own receive information? I left last year and was under the impression I left them on the table. Was there a vesting date and for those of us who left, does anyone know if we are still entitled to the shares? Thanks for any info!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paperwork says you must be currently employed by Sanofi.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employed when issued not employed now

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shares were granted to you based on being employed with sa in October '10, but the vesting rules state that you must "have been continuously employed within the Group during the four-year vesting period." You have to have met BOTH to be eligible for the twenty shares. I took severance in Dec of '11 but ALSO officially retired at the same time, and did get the letter. If you just left, with severance, at the end of '11, I do not know for sure how that works. But my guess is that if you left anytime subsequently, and cannot fulfill the vesting requirement...up a creek.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you received no letter this week on the 20 shares, you don't qualify for the shares.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I voluntarily left for another company within the last two years and I got the letter. I am not counting on receiving these, but will take them if given to me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who sent the letter?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I'm a little confused still. I was part of Dec 2010 layoff and remember the company "giving" us those shares. I did receive the letter yesterday however I don't see anything about the vesting requirements in this letter. Can someone please clarify? If I was required to still be with the company the last four years in order to vest, why are they tracking me down if I don't qualify? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you believe an anonymous poster on this site over the letter sent to you that totally spells it all out?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The letter came from sanofi. Same as post #30 says. I received the letter but it mentions nothing about vesting requirements, just that I will be receiving and the tax implications. I thought you had to have continuous employment to be eligible. So if I get them, great, but I am not expecting them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there any contact information in the letters for those who received them? Would be real helpful for those of us who have not yet gotten the information.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone who received the letter let us know if there is a contact listed to inquire about the shares. I am still with the company and was there when they were issued. Have not yet received anything. Would have been nice if the company would have sent this electronically as well and not just snail mail seeing they do have our email addresses. Thanks to anyone who can assist!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is only worth $1080 before taxes and brokers fees!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get your point - I mean, it's not a LOT of money - but it IS more than that. Twenty shares, on the French exchange, converts to forty ADR's on the NYSE...40 shares times Friday's close ($54.02) equals $2160.80. Yes, there will be shares sold to pay the tax, and if you cash it out immediately there will be a brokerage fee. But hey...unlike the shares you BOUGHT (if any) or the options you might have (that you earned) you did not do jack squat for these shares. Feel free to take the money and run or leave it to hopefully appreciate...but don't look the 'gift horse in the mouth'!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You remind me of Lippy the Lion, the eternal pessimist, who, when given $1,000,000, said "it is all green and wrinkled and is covered with other people's germs."

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got my letter from JP Morgan and my statement shows I only had 24 shares deposited account values at $1096.80. I thought we were supposed to get 40. Can anyone explain?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16 shares were used to pay off the taxes. 24 shares is what is left for you to keep or sell.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice that these shares matured the week the CEO was fired and the stock took a dump due to poor diabetes sales. Thanks Sanofi!