Institutional Sales cuts

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2014 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone shed some light on the current status in the IS division? Rumors are starting again and it doesn't sound good! We were just in a launch meeting where we were given a stamp of security with our jobs. Now we are hearing rumblings as to whether or not the VOC division is going to keep us for P13. Anyone know if there is truth to this?

Sincerely,
    Very concerned

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tuesday, Read acknowledged to British MPs that “there will be some job cuts” and reductions, and that's best case, if Pfizer buys out AZ. What do you think?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing to worry about. You are in no better or worse position than any one else.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...who's bent over naked grabbing their ankles

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Stamp of security".... really. Do you honestly believe anything this company says anymore. I remember quite a few years ago before the Lipitor LOE that we were "right sized" after the layoff(I believe that was 2009). How many layoffs happened since then? I believe 2013 was the only year since then that we DIDN'T have cutbacks. I would say we are due my friend. Got a little bit of a reprieve (until December's Celebrex LOE) this year, but reality is something is coming. If AZ comes aboard it's the perfect opportunity to reorg everything.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

December?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you are just paranoid. I would be too if I had your job! You have no real job therefore you will always be wondering when your last day will be. You know it is soon and the clock is ticking. I actually feel so bad for you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Institutional Sales or contracting? Seems hospitals only interested in contracting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once Zyvox goes generic is eliquis and prev. Really going to pay the IS bills?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS has too many managers - top heavy. Time to cut.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This division is going to unravel by 2015

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have all been thinking this for sometime yet nothing happens year after year!
    The reality of the situation is this: The way big Pharma promotes products is unraveling!!
    There are fewer and fewer reps each year and this will continue!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does that mean there will be cuts or no cuts? I am thinking of dropping out into a smaller pharma company with growth potential. I understand there are a few IS folks looking at the same gig in different locations. I just don't want to go if they lay us off 2 weeks later !

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This division has always been worthless. Good riddance to it.
    The only reason it ever existed was to provide lazy DM's with a slave to do the worthless tasks the managers did not want to do. It was disquised as a "developmental" position for promotion.
    It amounted to nothing for most.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad truth is that nobody is pulling for IS behind the scenes with senior management. Without a leader who is constantly selling the value of IS it doesn't stand a chance.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just about to post on this thread! I spoke to my old trainer and he said IS is done. Just what you said, there is no champion and everyone is worried about their own A--.
    Looks like changes coming soon... I am reviewing Ladders as we speak!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, like your old trainer would know or have inside information.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know if IS has cuts in store or not.

What I do know is that NO-ONE and I mean NO-ONE is an advocate for IS.

Happened around the time of the merger.

The finest hospital managers from Pfizer had already been killed off for selling.

The finest hospital manager from Wyeth we didn't offer a job. Too bad, because I got to know him some after the fact and he would have been great and he had the international experience to get things done with our Euro-Male crowd.

So, we put JS in place. JS had grand ideas, but he just didn't know anything about the market space. Unrealistic Zyvox quotas were his undoing. That and Tygacil's slow disaster.

Next came KA. Essentially one more of Liz's henchmen. Nice enough, but she never once knew what you guys do in the hospital. She's no longer even at PFE.

Now, we are rolled into Carl's kingdom and he is going to defend what he knows: primary care.

A long, slow death to what was once Pfizer most elite sales team. Driven largely by the dominant Roerig gene, we did some great things.

The great managers are gone.

The great reps are just biding their time.

Sad.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what about TS? Does he know what we do in hospitals?? And what is he doing to advocate for us?! Isn't it his job to advocate for IS or is he just a CW lackey?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time will tell.