Gabi Swank dying from Gardasil

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree about the hopelessness as far as the poor/fatherless are concerned....much like the situation in Africa/Haiti....no matter how much money you continue to pour into those countries, nothing changes. I was thinking of mainstream, average American teenagers...even if "unwanted" pregnancies have declined with this group, there is still the concern of disease (HPV, HIV). Many teenagers think "it can't happen to me", and could benefit from education. When I refer to "government programs", I am talking about teaching abstinence in the school systems, or as advice that can be given at clinics.

By the way, when you make assumptions, jump to conclusions/snap judgements, and attack people with name-calling (i.e., "wacko"), you reduce yourself. Get some class and be civilized!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could care less about "class" and you are obsessed with this very small issue in the scheme of things. Good Heaven's look at the posting here - you must be out of work or on vacation. Go read some Lasch. Systems like hospitals and schools should not be moral enforcers. It is parents handing off their responsibility. The more you do it, the more ignorant and lazy people will be born to our society.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disease is not a "very small issue" for the person affected. Since you continue to post yourself, you must either be out of work or on vacation as well...what makes you any different? And talk about obsessed, you epitomize obsession...otherwise you wouldn't be so hung up on "moral enforcers". Nothing wrong with putting supportive measures in place...as I said before, not everyone is blessed with a caring family environment. Lastly, don't act so superior....all you have is an opinion, nothing more....but I'm forgetting...you don't have or care about class. I guess your parents didn't do a good enough job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a wacko. Knock'em dead hoss. I have two posts, three counting this stupid reply to your burning desire to be the sex police and that incredible letter. LMAO. I have no idea why I would bother since there is no doubt you are some competitive rep just talking smack and throwing sh9t. Done.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No buddy---YOU'RE done! Anyone with your kind of an attitude will ultimately fail. You have a lot of hostility, which must negatively affect both your personal as well as professional life. I'd hate to be you!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look. Merck pays me to work towards meeting their goals. None of their goals have anything to do with someone named Gabi.

I've got a BMW to pay off, OK?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, I have absolutely no hostility and just call it like I see it. You are the one with the anger issue. I could care less one way or the other and have a lot bigger deals in MY life and the WORLD than your Gabi issue/post. LMAO (I really don't know what to say, you are so fricking pathetic.) PS: I think the word you are looking for rather than "buddy" is "b(tch". Just a little side note there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are "so fricking" in denial. If you had no anger, you wouldn't resort to constant name-calling and belittling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yours is not superior to others. With you it's either "my way" or no way. Go back to your "public health" desk job. The world is better off having no live contact with you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you knew Gabi as well as you say you do, then you would know that Gabi suffered greatly this summer and continues to do so. She paid a price for trying to be a "normal" teenager. Sitting at the softball field for a ball game on occasion (lasting 1 1/2 hours) to watch your daughter play softball, she suffered seizures later that evening. She had numerous problems following her attempt to help with the Special Olympics but hoped that she had helped make a difference for those she was in contact with that day. Gabi spent her 4th of July in the house while her little sisters and her friends did the fireworks her grandmother bought the girls. As for the vehicles, the vehicle Mom is driving was actually acquired by trade on her suburban and was an off-lease car. The amount of the payment, which her soon to be ex-husband pays, is half of her prior payment and saves her 50% on her fuel costs. Where Robinson is concerned...She received him in late June following the ball game he was not present for. On the trip to purchase fireworks, her mother was present and Gabi was told he should not be around fireworks being shot including the stands where they were purchased as a safety measure for him. Gabi is a teenage girl trying to live as normal of a life as she can when she can and not without a price. Her mother continues to struggle financially because of the medical bills, prescriptions and inablility to find work because of her daughters health. There is no scam occuring because of this girl or her familly. I know for a fact this child and her family are more grateful for the help, donations, and prayers she has received than you could begin to imagine. If you truly cared for Gabi, why would you post such things? Why not address your "confusion" with her mother?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you knew Gabi as well as you say you do, then you would know that Gabi suffered greatly this summer and continues to do so. She paid a price for trying to be a "normal" teenager. Sitting at the softball field for a ball game on occasion (lasting 1 1/2 hours) to watch your daughter play softball, she suffered seizures later that evening. She had numerous problems following her attempt to help with the Special Olympics but hoped that she had helped make a difference for those she was in contact with that day. Gabi spent her 4th of July in the house while her little sisters and her friends did the fireworks her grandmother bought the girls. As for the vehicles, the vehicle Mom is driving was actually acquired by trade on her suburban and was an off-lease car. The amount of the payment, which her soon to be ex-husband pays, is half of her prior payment and saves her 50% on her fuel costs. Where Robinson is concerned...She received him in late June following the ball game he was not present for. On the trip to purchase fireworks, her mother was present and Gabi was told he should not be around fireworks being shot including the stands where they were purchased as a safety measure for him. Gabi is a teenage girl trying to live as normal of a life as she can when she can and not without a price. Her mother continues to struggle financially because of the medical bills, prescriptions and inablility to find work because of her daughters health. There is no scam occuring because of this girl or her familly. I know for a fact this child and her family are more grateful for the help, donations, and prayers she has received than you could begin to imagine. If you truly cared for Gabi, why would you post such things? Why not address your "confusion" with her mother?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the person above! It looks like that other statement was just talking about gabi's good days. What about the days when she couldn't get out of bed, or even missed out on having a normal teenage summer full of swimming and road trips? This young lady is having to fight the battle of her life and I would hope you would show some compassion and care and not put her down even more.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should of told her to keep her legs closed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just coming on to this site. Used to work for Merck in the hey day...launched and promoted the hell out of Vioxx because it was more specific to inhibiting Cox-2 than Celebrex. And Merck told us that it was safer than traditional NSAIDS.

Now Ms. or Mr. know-it-all rep w/ all your statistics....I hate to inform you but there is a genetic component to cervical cancer. So pull your head out of your ass and see the light of day. Sell your drug but be realistic as well. Merck is in the business of making money oh yeah and the patient...lol

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck loves the patient, as long as s/he chooses drugs over food with her fixed income.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is one of the most insightful posts I've seen on CP in years!
    Well put (and what a contrast from the old "it's all about the patients, not the profits" mantra that we actually used to believe and live).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting ... I'd like a bit more info, but that "U" batch looks iffy. Are you aware of the horrific manufacturing problems Merck has been having with their vaccines over the past 4-5 years?

I hope Gabi, and the many others like her, get better over time. The truth of the matter is that Merck is very proud of Gardasil. It was the fastest pharmaceutical product EVER to reach one BILLION dollars of sales, and it prevents the big "C". I truly hope that the many reports of very nasty physiological occurrences following shortly after innoculation with this product are not a result of the innoculation. Merck's legal office will not respond, as there is absolutely no "upside" to them responding (at a minimum, it legitimizes the person making the original enquiry ... and that might not help when (not if) things get to court.

I left Merck a few years back, when I realised that "Mother" (that's what many of us call Merck) seemed quite happy to damage people so long as profit followed. This stands in direct opposition to the old George Merck mantra of "remember that our medicines are for the Patients, and not for the profits ... the better we have remembered that the better the profits have been".

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to do your research before posting! The vaccine is suggested for girls before they are sexually active. In addition to being ignorant, you are heartless. This young girl is dying due to a bad vaccine!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how Gabi is doing now?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know how she's doing. Here's info from current CDC data:

Deaths
    As of September 15, 2011, there have been a total 71 VAERS reports of death among those who have received Gardasil®. There were 57 reports among females, 3 were among males, and 11 were reports of unknown gender. Thirty four of the total death reports have been confirmed and 37 remain unconfirmed due to no identifiable patient information in the report such as a name and contact information to confirm the report. A death report is confirmed (verified) after a medical doctor reviews the report and any associated records. In the 34 reports confirmed, there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine and some reports indicated a cause of death unrelated to vaccination.

I'm not a statistician or physician, but CDC data-which seems objective, CDC doesn't seem to particularly like drug companies-does not seem to view this product or Cervarix (sp??) as overly dangerous....what else is going on with patients who report side effects?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of the earlier deaths were auto fatalities and other explained causes unrelated to the vaccine. Despite this, knowing Merck as I do, I am avoiding using this poison in my child for now.