Anyone else confused, Jobs?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second that, I took the job without meeting anyone live either, but did spend a few hours on the phone with the manager. I have 10+ yrs in CMHS and although I would have preferred to meet face to face, the conversations on the phone were substantial. I found it a relief to be able to land a pharma job without traveling around the country in a five ring circus going through pointless interview and airports. Nice.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, yes, I am confused if people are getting hired on the basis of phone interviews, and if I don't get a call for a follow up interview after my initial phone interview with the recruiter. I have sold Abilify for years, called on CMHCs extensively, and know and have relationships with all the psychs in the area. Seems odd.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was interviewed by homing pigion!!
    and i just sent back my acceptance!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is nuts!!! This falls in line with the comments made about territories already being filled. I just had a phone screen today but it sounds like I may have wasted my time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you apply for Otsuka? If so have you heard back from them yet? I am wondering if they filled the Lundbeck positions with candidates that were interviewing for Otsuka. This is very odd.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if I recently had a phone screen for a position does that mean it is or isn't filled already?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow if you've never made a mistake you must be in management. Cut the guy some slack will ya?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It means this, and this is not that difficult. Phone screens are a tactic that companies use that require them fulfill their corporate quota paradigms in a very cheap and ineffective time consuming way. If you are putting any merit into a PI than you my friend are one lost little puppy.....this is typical pharma, yet this round and process seems like it is a little more incisive and poorly organization. The bulk of terr. were filled with internal referrels or old buddies of a DM, pretty simple stuff here. move on, find a pharma that wants the brightest an the best and then go in there and knock there dots off....not with a brag book but with your verbal and non verbal skill sets. Rem. most DM's did not become DM's because of their sales prowess, it is actually quite the opposite.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After interviewing for a while, realize it is not you. Many managers have already made a decision who to hire when the positions are posted. It is who you know, not what.