CNS expansion

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok Einstein, why wouldn't a company hire someone laid off in pharma???? I'm assuming you have enough brains to know that being laid off in this industry has nothing to do with performance or skills, as the consultants just make the decision based on how they carve the geographical maps. Anyone at this point who does not undersand that, has minimal experience in pharma, a newbie. Whether some displaced people are productive is another story. From what most in the business have seen, there are more idiots in HQ running pharma than in the field. Just saying.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm thinking they are just afraid that outsiders with some background will come in and they will all be found out for the possible numbskulls and know nothings that they might possibly be. I write this all hypothetically lest a hypothetical libel suit be brought against my hypothetical being by a possible numbskull who may never possibly have heard about that organization "The FDA" and some other regulatory agencies. Go Lundbeck, in with the recycled and out with the hypothetically ignorant! Recycle and save the planet.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although I would like to agree with you, on the whole most companies regard laid off workers as unwanted cast-offs. Speaking as a multi year presidents club winner and over 15 years building a company from the ground up I find that this works against me instead of in my favor.

Companies today tend to favor young inexperienced reps, mostly, over veteran reps, at least in my area.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Heidi and Hunter sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First comes love then comes marriage, and then comes HUNTER with the baby carriage and the big strap on sticking out of his butt!"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many displaced or laid off reps were laid off for a reason, they are no good! Companies get rid of what they can during layoffs. Not saying all, but many of the people

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are 100% right, I have over 15 years experience in CNS field and 7 time president's club winner. You think your compnay would have contact me , but no. Obviously , they do not want to hire anyone over 35 or 40 . This is common at all pharma companies , blantante age discrimination. I have seen companies hire reps with 4-5 yrs experience who are complete imbeciles but they would pick that person before they would even consider you and me.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true, in many cases layoffs just happen to occur to those with higher salaries. Especially when you believe in the useless reach & frequency, share of voice garbage, because a rep is viewed as just a rep and a call is just a call no matter how poor of product & disease state knowledge that the rep may have.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you partially. I agree, it is a fact in general , that during large pharma layoffs the quality of the rep usually has very little to do with the decision, especially with large drug companies, performance ratings are usually secondary.

What usually happens is that someone like ZS is given the location of reps (and nothing else); they then realign the territories. Once the territories are realigned, if you live within one of the new territories, your are retained; if you do not live within a territory, you are fired.

I work for a company that laid of 80% of their PC reps in one shot, to a patent expiry, that 600 mostly good reps on the street, including a couple that had won presidents club the last 3 years in a row.

Reps are NEVER fired because of salary, and I mean NEVER! The difference of a few thousand dollars in salary (one rep vs another) is insignificant. Hiring is a different story

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's your problem. You don't have enough experience. You only built ONE company from the ground up. It's why Gore never got elected president; he only invented ONE internet.
    Get out there and build a few more companies, then come back and demand to be CEO.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Partly right. But not about ZS. I have worked closely with ZS on several realignments, both increasing the sales force and going the other way. I have sat down with them and done the mapping. Initially, we provided ZS with a TON of information: The current and expected sales of a product or products, based in part on the level of marketing support and funding, the LRP for the product, the location of the reps, the productivity of the reps in terms of both $$ and more importantly Rx numbers, the managed care data in terms of tiers and control, etc... the list is endless. What we DON'T give them is anything specific about the reps themselves. That data, including performance of the rep, is used by upper management to make some additional decisions that might have otherwise gone the other way; some reps are "saved and blessed", others are let go. Upper management always has the last say and a right to keep the blessed few.
    The rest is correct as far as I can tell

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happened to Brian A?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget BA... where is my good buddy Sean N? He be da' Man!