Long Island Informatics

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does everyone make of the recent announcement about relation to Jersey City?

and when will relocation package details become available?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT is screwed and outsourced. Long Island facilities will all close by Q2 2015.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT got screwed, all of them wished they would be gone, but they were informed no packages coming, they are being relocated to Jersey City, inside of 50 mile zone. Company may pay some relocation, but there is no choice work in Jersey or leave and give up package. This means a daily commute increase of 4hrs -2hrs each way, or pickup their families and move to NJ. So much for "doing the right thing"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an IT manager I know several of us will be paid to relocate in Jersey. We will get a salary adjustment to offset the higher COL in Jersey. Looking at houses in Berkeley Heights and Morristown. Company will buy my LI house if not sold in 6 months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consult an attorney like many others are doing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all should have received relocation compensation. I feel like we have a two class system here. I got zip when they 'offered' a position 63 miles away. Who would be crazy enough to commute from Lake Grove to Jersey? Not in my lifetime.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can't blame people for talking to lawyers.. or maybe even getting organized to talk to class action lawyer..

i wouldn't be surpriced if the news media were pulled in to investigate this whole story..
    (not only taking jobs away from Long Island but also in some ways forcing people not to work on LI.. all this after many tax breaks Forest received through the years)

very screwed up situation..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was not aware that Forest actually received tax breaks .....if true this will make a good candidate for media coverage.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://pcrellc.com/forest-laboratories-selling-commack-building/

over $5 mil in tax breaks for not leaving long island and adding some jobs

long island/ny local governments can't be happy about this...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW, THIS IS A BIG SCREW JOB FOR THE FOREST EMPLOYEES WHO DID NOT GET THE MANAGEMENT RELOCATION PACKAGE PERKS !! Makes me sick. Commuting to NJ from mid Suffolk Cty is crazy and will drive me to resign or lose my husband. You know I will have to quit.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's no surprise that the little fat boy they brought in to break the news to us earlier in the month was too scared to give us the straight answer on the 50 miles severance.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In talking to a few from IT it looks as if they were kept in the dark intentionally so they can complete the data center moves and then offered a position in NJ at the expense of increased travel times and commuter costs. When the question was asked about child care they were told they would have to figure it out. Looks like Actavis is not a 'life-work balance' company that Howard had when he was there. I thought the remaining people at Forest were supposed to be the important ones needed to move forward and yet they were presented with a take it or leave it attitude. If they are so important then why not work with them? After all, Plaza 5 NJ is what, 3 miles shy of the 50 mile limit to qualify for a severance? It looks like they were duped and given false hopes when earlier talks mentioned keeping an office on LI. This looks to be a part of an overall strategy to save more money by putting the remaining people in a position to either pick up and move closer or endure the added travel costs plus commute time or just quit. All this at the loss to those who worked hard for years to make Forest what it was prior to the takeover. Those who were given their out dates earlier made out much better being they are getting the package. The big shots pat themselves on the back and get awarded a big bonus when the merger went well and those who do the front line work (IT and RI people) get shafted.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never truly received the tax breaks, only a very small portion which has to be returned, remaining portion was cancelled. Love that the company that prided itself in staying out of news & public eye is now enemy #1. Greedy bastards hopefully will get screwed in the end

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What really irks me is that I could have opted out to another firm for a large raise (35%) last year but my boss convinced (citing company loyalty etc) me to stay to complete the project he had me on. Now he's distant, unavailable, and yes when I confronted him gives me the 'take it or leave it' response when I complained about the upcoming long commute. He says he shares my pain but we all need to stop complaining. But I know he's getting the management relocation package and will not be 'sharing' any of it with me or his other down lines. And he probably got a nice bonus when I finished that project ahead of time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You fell hook line and sinker for the BS job .. you idiot.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-FRX here. If I see any of the IT managers, should they take PATH from WTC, I'll give 'em a wedgie for you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amazing how people will complain and rue about their situation but do nothing about it!!! There are many lawyers that will take your case. If a class action lawsuit is started, the company is screwed!!! Please start the process instead of complaining about it!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been rrading this thread and feel that yes a class action may be appropriate. otherwise consult a recruiter or move across the Hudson. In my case I will look for a new job. I cannot spend 5 hrs a day commuting and I am afraid the lawduit will put me on the industry blacklist and I will never get another job.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting thoughts about class action suite..
    50 mile thing would be hard to argue, but change in responsibilities and change in benefit programs do have some weight in an argument of 'plausable termination'

i know of a laywer that specializes in this and is well know for her super record in these cases..

i'm guessing that there would be what 40-60 people willing to sign up..at least

how would you even get something like this started thought and what protection would the plaintiffs get from any kind of retaliation..

oh man.. what a shitty situation

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are two types of class action- 'opt-in' and 'opt-out'. You would go for an 'opt-out', i.e. everyone is included unless they opt out. No one is going to black list you by going for a lawsuit. It is precisely this fear that lets corporations do as they please. Look at this this way- Whatever the company does, they get legal advice before it, however, the employees never do that. They just assume that they are helpless or that the company has their best interests in their heart!!!!

It is illegal to retaliate for filing a lawsuit....if you cannot get over your fears and stand up, then you deserve everything that you get!!