Future of CV Hospital Reps

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And nobody can see anyone with the small exception of one or two experienced Hospital reps who can get the others access on occasion. Throwing more people at no see accounts is brilliant stuff. The customer says, we don't have time to see people so AZ says, OK let's add a few dozen more worthless people to the list of time wasters. This is what happens when you have a marketing driven, product driven hospital strategy. Every brand team wants their own people in there and the hospitals just shut down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I quit. Could not take the call faking mind-numbing boredom of a valueless job. You said it exactly. Why AZ throws this many at a no see is actually assinine but also troubling. What an incredible waste of resources.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex AZ here. My cv hospital reps will say " we've been in the cath lab all day"as if they have been doing something. Truth be known they were sitting in the break room of the cath lab in their stupid looking scrubs all day with their finger up their asses!
    How in gods name can AZ afford to pay these clowns over 100 k to do this?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you think about it, it really is an employment Ponzi Scheme in a way. Management exists because there are numerous people to manage down the line. There is certainly an excess of reps making numerous fictitious calls each day because many docs or facilities are no see, or they simply do not see reps anywhere near what the metrics call for. I know, DUH! To take away reps would lower the value and number of managers. I have literally heard managers lament this.

Like the Emperor that wore no clothes, everyone plays the game making similar fictitious calls, knowing exactly what is actually happening, yet saying little to nothing about it and pretending it is the truth. Most of us are frightened as hell that we will be found out, but to be at the bottom of a list is job suicide.

Even stranger, the consultants look at the number of calls and increase either the number of reps, call metrics, or both, in an effort to show even more [non existent] value. When you look at all the benefits and perks of being a rep, not to mention even greater for management, it really is quite comical.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has been going on for over a decade. There is so much work done to generate absolutely nothing but reports full of lies. And people are promoted and rewarded for keeping the lie going. It really is incredible how much money is wasted on marketing a sales efforts that the customers see as a total waste at best and a comical nuisance at best. But people fill their time on projects, e mail, conference calls and meetings to feel busy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is true. If an IC wanders down the hall and says, "Hi!" That's a call. If we pass one in the lab, that was a call. OMG. I have a real sales right now and I have NO frickin' idea why I was hired since I can barely ask a good question let alone sell. I figure to sink or swim shortly. My years at AZ and years before at another "sitting in a lab" job have left me dying mentally and bored out of my mind. Now, handed a real job where I have to think and problem solve and it is tough. I kid you not and I am the ultimate survivor.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole scrubs thing is the biggest joke ever. Trying not to give myself away but long time rep and called on OR and anesthesia and surgeons and ICU - you get it - and I had exactly 2 hospitals in my entire geography that required scrubs to access the OR. Almost all are built and designed to allow passage in and around the sterile corridors. There are plenty of offices and lounges and break rooms and hallways that allow access to and from these areas without the need for scrubs. Most of us consider it a fraud and wear a suit. Enough said.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You describe something I've noticed about those in Pharma. So much time placating managers, giving yeses, and following exact orders and specifications, along with following rote day after day, you start not thinking for yourself. I know, it happened to me and I watched as it happened to those around me.

It was particularly notable as I got involved in local community projects. People from other more creative professions came up with great ideas and weren't afraid to express themselves even to the point of rejection, which is rare in pharma. I've improved over time after moving on, but years of pharma can dumb down your brain.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same here. It was unbelievably difficult to walk away from the 6 figure salary and exceptional benefits and perks, but I was becoming brain dead and hated it. Now I couldn't be happier! Poorer, but productive, creative and much much happier!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am happier but, honestly, left due to too much driving doing nothing of value and a HUGE territory. I lived in my car and was napping all the time pulled off the road because no one really needed anything I was selling. My job now is far less money and often way more stress, lots of problem solving and never a dull moment. So, watch out what you wish for! LOL

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DSM here and I think you are right. It is a total joke and I have told HQ and the brand team exactly that. This fad is almost over.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PC DSMs let go today. Why isn't anyone talking about it?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both of you , or just one the same - keep on lying to ones self !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not me! I absolutely love it here! It's all in your mindset. Yes, we have to constantly lie each day, but i do get a few calls in which does result in B being used. What other company that you know of that actually condones behavior like this??? There are none to be found! Today, I will hit the gym between 8 and 9am. I will then head to a hospital where I know I will get in one real call. Then I get a haircut at 11, and go to a lunch that's a block away. After lunch, I will meet my wife for a movie around 1pm. Don't have to worry about picking up the kids today because it's our neighbor's turn. After the movie, we are going Christmas shopping. The day will be filled in with lies.

Folks, management, all the way to the top knows this and is cool with it!!! Just go with the flow, check your box and draw your paycheck! This is too good to be true, but it is!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND A VERY SPECIAL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO AZ!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speak English, please. Nothing in my post was a lie and, yes, there does appear to be two of us that left AZ due to the mind-numbing boredom. I would retire completely if I did not need the benefits of my new job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! True.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When one of the previous posters refered to the other poster as a double wide ass, I knew who they were talking about! She knows too!!!