Orals & Injectables

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2014 at 6:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brillant......just brillant!! Hahahahahahha

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're sales people and we are suppressed to try to beat each other in sales! If your not like that you need to find another job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did I miss, I'm in another area

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and no. I agree that we are supposed to be sales people and go after the business every day. Where I think your trite little statement is simplistic is that we are now going to be broken up into groups that represent separate, competing therapies. I'll break it down like this, easy example for you to wrap your head around numb nuts. Imagine a corporation owning both the Yankees and Red Sox but then expecting each team to win the World Series and at the same time somehow trying to foster a spirit of collaboration. I'll tell you what, the first time I hear about one of my Oral "teammates" telling one of my customers that he needs to use Farxiga because patients don't want to inject I'm going for the knee caps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dumbass great example! Do both teams make money?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suppressed? Yes, this can sometimes be a suppressing job. Years ago I remember promoting branded tamoxifen against generic tamoxifen, which the company also manufactured by the way. Either way, the company wins!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only one team wins the division. Problem is were both playing, or I should say was playing for the same team, now they have made us enemies. So much for all in and one diabetes team. Collaboration, sharing, and achieving one vision/goal. Sound familiar. We are two separate business units and companies. I feel for DS1 reps. Much easier having oral meds in the bag. Glad I'm on the oral side.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that's it right there. We are selling against ourselves. I'll be going after new starts for the same pat type against my teammates portfolio. Of course the company is making money, but imagine how much more it could make if we were incentivized to collaborate instead of compete against each other. I'll never bring up Bydureon again except when talking about reasons to use a qd oral instead of a bump causing harpoon.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Collaboration didn't work moron, that was tried and most reps failed miserably at it. The few who did it well, exceeded. If you really knew your customers and patient types, you would know which to promote over the other depending on the patient type and customer. They are for the most part different patients. Review your training materials again if you ever did.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would I ever read training materials I rely on my coworkers do their job and increase sales. I just stay at home and fake calls all day long and bitch on this site.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope I sell against you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been around a long time in this industry, my thoughts are the conference call on Friday was either a total bullshit line or these guys are assholes for breaking us up . There is nothing good that could from these changes except that it will be change back by June of 2015.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You lost me at different pt type. You aren't in sales, can't be based on that statement. In addition, for collaboration that didn't work, the sales force exceeded both F &B for the year. Next

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ds1 here. For those who feel sorry for us, don't be. It's simple truth that certain geographical areas have much larger injectable, and perhaps educated physician base. I'd rathet be an inj. Rep working in area where they're actually favored somewhat over orals. So, DS1 reps, think of it that way. Get ALot of the insulin business, or say you tried. Future growth of diabetes treatments generally trending towards sglt and glp class anyway.
    I think the DS1 reps got the better deal of the two. Think of it this way, the future of pharma is arguably in three areas: diabetes, vaccines, oncology. I could much more easily sell myself from an interview perspective when layoffs begin a year from now as a Specialty injectable representative vs. a pill seller. It does have a nice ring to it. hmmm .....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the DS3's? Which team did they land in?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50/50 oral, injectable

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It just shows how little the LEADERSHIT team cares about any of us. They changed our incentive plan 3 times this year ultimately making ALL of us tied to what each group did with their individual products. Now we are back competing against each other. Thanks. BJ

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok you fool, AZ suck-up. Here's where you are wrong. Collaboration worked great and there is proof via our growth with both Bydureon and Frarxiga-which we were congratulated for the way we outpaced expectations!!! Here's what didn't work-having four managers per district all accountable for different people. Unless AZ upper mgt graduated with high school degrees and doesn't understand the climate of what we deal with, which is likely, how could you say what we were doing hasn't worked. We've had stellar growth this year and someone needs to try and prove themselves by trying to mix things up. I'm guessing it's Tosh or someone else in upper mgt trying to put something on their scorecard to look like they've changed things and are making a difference. If what we've done hasn't worked, why did we have the best launch of any product in the market in 2014 and exceed all projections with Bydureon?? If you were an outsider, someone would look at this and say you are crazy for changing. I'm glad I'm on orals because the injectable team is just going to get crushed. 1 to 1.5 reps selling injectables to 2-4 of the competition-primary care. It almost seems like they are giving up on Bydureon. Frankly, if I could repeat the results and trajectory from last year, I wouldn't change anything. However, I could see the change in mgt structure, but wouldn't change a thing with the sales force--but they're listening and they hear us?? Best of luck everyone. I hope I'm wrong.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did we exceed all projections?

Horrible projections and/or projectors.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be the bottom 10%. Just a guess??