IDP

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do we do these? These are looking more like scorecards. What happened to an IDP bèing for personal growth. Manager in my area wants proof you learned something with sales numbers. Would be great if they made these TOTALLY voluntary. Total waste of time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aww how sad. Maybe you should do something about it? Maybe like posting an anonymous whiny rant. LOL

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. This has evolved from a learning experience to a pain in the butt experience. This busy work needs to go away!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leadership has to show something to suggest they care about individual development and it gives HR something to do. Nobody really gives a shit but like the Easter Bunny, it is here and isn't going away no matter how ridiculous it is.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you people function like this? Seriously. In the real world, no other company does this shit. What a complete and total waste of time and money. I think I'll write a book about this industry. Was doing it for nearly 20 years with a number of companies. Big Pharma is by far the worst and AZ, the worst of the worst. No company could possible waste more time and money than this one.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It the sense that IDP's are voluntary to the effect that you show interest in growth and development that is true. Reality is though if you don't do one it is a check against you and ultimately it becomes another item to add or take away on the scorecard. If I remember correctly it is listed on the scorecard. Think about this though, does an IDP where you explain an excel spreadsheet or analyze a book ultimately make someone a better salesperson?

Not long ago our manager said the CBD stated that if people aren't doing them they aren't demonstrating interest in growth within the job. Clearly to not do so was the kiss of death.

Sometimes there is so little to separate [rank] people. AZ is looking for anything. So far as customers focus and actual impact to the "main thing" as they say, IDP's are largely a waste of time. I know, I know, consultants say they aren't and this new found knowledge will open new frontiers. Perhaps in utopia, but for most people they're just trying to get this stuff out of the way to get a handle on the actual job at hand.

There are so many obstacles to focusing on customers that it is sadly humorous at times. Many days you robotically get the 'customer' out of the way so that you can focus on all the box checks and tasks AZ lays out.

How many sit at a Starbucks or Atlanta Bread Company during selling hours just to knock this kind of crap out? Answer: Many.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like help with my growth at AZ. I am very concerned with my career, and how I can better do my job. For instance, I am working hard to go from a 20 hour work week to a 15 hour week. Can anyone give me a few "best practices" on how I can achieve such an ambitious goal?? Thanks teammates!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If only it were to explain a book. Besides reading the book proof of growth must be provided. Growth in sales is required to show growth. I fail to see what that has to do with personal development. Farce.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could not agree more. AZ has hired a tone outside managers for a fresh perspective but no one knows what to do with score cards or IDPs , no training from HQ so making crap up. The IDP should be employee driven and not about sales skills etc that is what the year end review is about.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to develop yourself to build a career in Pharma sales is like taking swimming lessons on board the Titanic. If you want to develop yourself, then get out of AZ and get a real job where developing skills other than self promotion, backstabbing and marginalizing your peers add value to you and your company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is what the IDP for anyone aspiring to be a manager at AZ should include if you are honest with yourself. Management material must demonstrate expertice in political sucking up, self promotion taking credit for everything good and blaming your peers for anything bad. Backstabbing your peers to your manager to score extra credit points. Spreading malicious rumors to marginalize your peers without getting caught. Then once you get to DSM level you need to update the list to include, looking busy while producing absolutely nothing of value.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The IDP is a complete joke. Here is my suggestion....if you are a female, take a video of yourself sucking a big dick and post it on You Tube. Then just put the link on your IDP with instructions to go to the link and have your manager(s) see what you are good at. If you are a male, you can do the same things with a video of you taking it up the a$$. Good luck. Oh, and by the way, there is no such thing as a career at AZ! The sooner you figure it out the better off you will be!