AZ probably hasn't shared this

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But if you are younger (under 50) and healthy, your healthcare premiums on the outside of a corporate plan have tripled. Even if you are actually young (under 30) you're going to have to pay for the fat do nothings who use their food stamp cards to buy McDOnalds every day and get their heart bypass operations.

Really. As one who knows, the obamacare thing is a tax, on those who provide, to pay for those who depend on others. If you leave AZ you will face big time (I mean BIG TIME) premiums for health insurance. If you have children and a wife or husband on your plan you will be able to make a mortgage payment on a middle class house for what you're going to have to fork over every single month in order to pay this tax.

FYI.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly it's true. I was laid off from previous gig with large pharma and insurance premium for me, spouse and two kids was $2000 per month for cobra. This was recent.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But wasn't that the "Hope and Change" that we were promised by The Great Deceiver? Now, virtually everyone I know that voted for Obama regrets it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cobra has always been overpriced and laughable. That's nothing new or surprising. Cobra has never had any value to anyone who just lost their job. You have to find another job with insurance benefits, or shop wisely on your own. Cobra is just a cop out so the companies can fulfull their legal requirements. Would be totally stupid if anyone really thinks that's going to fix anything.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That just means that whatever the company paid plus your contribution was $2000. I agree that it is a major rip off. The insurance companies get away with highway robbery. They need to be put out of business. Universal Healthcare for all is the solution. It works in almost every other developed country. Why not here?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cobra has absolutely nothing to do with the ACA.

Cobra is a longstanding law which requires the corporate plan to continue to be offered to terminated employees for one full year after their termination date. The offering is for whichever plan you were on at the time you are terminated, at least until the next open enrollment period. The key is, if you think that there is a good chance that you will be involuntarily terminated in the coming year, do NOT sign up for the Cadillac health plan during the open enrollment, instead choose a plan that will be more affordable for you when you are unemployed and paying both the employee and employer contributions for your plan. AZ usually gives six months free Cobra as part of their separation packages, that is if you are not terminated for cause, but are part of a lay off, so it is only the second six months where you have to pay for the full boat. Hopefully, one can land a new job in that six months time.

The ACA has at least made it possible that you can actually buy some health insurance after that one years time expires now, because previously the insurance companies would refuse to sell a policy to any individuals who had any even minor health issues. Why? Because they didn't have to do it. No more preexisting conditions count now either, where you would buy a policy but they wouldn't have to pay anything for any issues that you already had before you bought the new policy. Prices are still high and they won't come down until the participation rate for younger healthier people goes up. That's just how insurance underwriting works.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is still too much profit being raked in by the greedy insurance companies. They continue to raise premiums as well as executive compensation while paying out as little as possible in claims. It is criminal. Everyone should check out the critically acclaimed documentary "Sicko" by Michael Moore. We must demand Universal Healthcare for all Americans.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No doubt, but the ACA has made it just a little bit better. The insurance companies did trade some pricing power away for the increased dollar volume of many more people being insured.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to some educated and informed responses here on a pharma board. After my layoff 3 years ago, same thing - cobra for a family of 5 was over 2k. Checking out the ACA site in my state recently, based on comparable plan for my family I would've paying 1200 per month, and that's for very good coverage. Hard for some to see beyond what they are told on Fox News, especially being in an industry responsible for so much of the cost of healthcare. Comical that the ones who decry govt spending the most don't seem to mind when it comes to our bloated industry. As long as we have jobs, just charge the government and insurance companies as much as you want. This guys not perfect by any means, but at least he's had the balls to take on healthcare reform (shaped after republican designed plans going back to Nixon) despite the ease of which he has been attacked for it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're just a job killer. Since when is wrong to make a profit. Don't you know Insurance Companies are people too?!

Mitt

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a moron. If you have a serious illness are you going to NYC or Paris?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you rich or poor?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

poor

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then you should just go to the emergency room of your small town hospital, you can't afford "the best care in the world" in either NYC or Paris, that's only for rich people, not for you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right, that is exactly what I did. i went from my little town in NY, to the ER in NYC. Got a catherization and balloon angioplasty. Who needs universal health care when you got the er. and btw, thanks for paying for it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So instead of mandating insurance coverage, it was better to let people go uninsured and then use the ER as their doctors office, and to have medical bankruptcies be commonplace?
    A lot of really shortsighted, idiotic old white people in this thread.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, thoughtful educated posts. The thing I find most ironic is that most complaining on these boards about the ACA have been working in this industry and have had amazing health coverage all along. It's like we are in a bubble. Most have no idea what regular working class Americans have for coverage. The poor, forget about it. They have shit coverage or none at all. So the most powerful country in the world should just let its own people either die in the streets, or simply exhaust emergency room resources using it as at their primary care physician?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would you all (not everyone on this thread, obviously) just quit expecting everyone, who sets an alarm, to support those who won't get off their fat asses and support themselves and their own families?????!!!!!!!! I am sick and tired of supporting my family and other people's families. No where in our Constitution does it say that the government (which is all of us TAXPAYERS) owes it to anybody, notr that we (the government) will pay for other's medical bills!!!!!! I am up to my ears in my and my families medical bills! And guess what.......it would never occur to me to expect anyone else to pay my bills!
    WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SELF RELIANCE?????? There is honor in that!!!
    Here's a fact----the government only grows large and out of control when they get more and more people dependent upon it!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your premise that we should take care of everyone. I will take it one step further and suggest that, in order to do that effectively, we have to eliminate for profit, insurance companies. The money that it takes to run the redundant bureaucracies must be directed to patient care.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you want the government to run our health care? Talk about wasteful redundant bureaucracy. You liberal do gooders have no friggin clue. If you want the government to take care of you then move to Cuba. They have a wonderful lifestyle down there.