Meeting with DBM and HR

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess I am gone. I took a personal day tomorrow but today my manager said Monday I am to meet her in an office and that HR will be on the line. They will have a discussion with me. I asked what the discussion will be about and she wouldn't say. I think they will get me on fake calls. Anyone else have experience with this? Or heard of something similar?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Have known a few who've lost jobs over this.
    Don't admit to anything, just confirm you saw who you put in the computer.
    If you admit, you're gone with no severance.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP you will be fired. Make no mistake about it. You are toast. Whenever HR is involved you will be gone. Also you WILL NOT get severance. Severance only kicks in if you are laid off. exceptions are for executives and people who have something on the company that could cost them millions so they settle. You will NOT get severance.

My advice? Do not go to meeting, take vacation, sick time etc, then see a FP doctor and ask for referral to Psych, go on STD. That will buy you 3-6 months. The nurse at AZ will most likely not approve but you will get 3 months FMLA where your job is secure. Look for another job during these 3 months. It's easier to do when you have a job which technically you still will.

A buddy of mine had this exact thing happen to him. The guy was smart, went on FMLA then got a higher paying job in like a month. Smart cookie.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell them you feel singled out! Asked if they pulled everyone's calls or just yours in the district. Ask them at the meeting if you could have an employee lawyer there as well.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto on the FMLA.

I wish this company would get a clue and stop with the big brother tactics.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was your buddy with AZ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An oncology rep told me another rep in his district because he went into Home Depot. He was actually being followed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total BS! Laughable in fact! They NEVER follow anyone! NEVER! Go on medical leave, or negotiate a Mutual Consent package. Make sure they pulled everyone's calls in the district. Admit to nothing. Better yet, pay a lawyer a couple of hundred bucks to attend the meeting. If you can't find an attorney in time, tell them you want to reschedule the meeting.

If AZ fired everyone for making false calls and working short days, then 99.99% of us would be gone.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division are you in? Are your numbers low? Cuz if they are your records were asked to be pulled by your DBM. So you need to have a game plan in place for sure. As far as the person following you that ranks in my top 5 dumbest fucking things ever said on this board. So that's not it for sure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP the poster number 3 is right! You will be fired. HR is on the conference line and by the way your manager and her Manager or another witness manager will also be present. You are done so please today or Friday at latest go on FMLA. Ask HR for forms and fill them out. AZ HAS to give it to you by law! That buys you 3 months to look for a new job. You can apply for STD but nurse at AZ will likely deny it unless you broke leg or something. Psych reasons forget it.

Do not listen to anyone else rambling on this board about following you or asking to pull everyone's records in district. The following is a lie and as far as pulling everyone's records guess what? They already have. You are being singled out to be fired for a reason other than metrics trust me! This is just being used as an excuse. 10 years in management here

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they do follow people. Do not say you made the call. A simple I don't remember is better. After all you may have inadvertently completed a call. A few years someone in my district pulled the sick leave thing several times until they got the job they wanted. If you don't go out on leave, take an attorney with you on Monday. I have heard of reps negotiating a severance. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have anything on your manager now would be the time to contact wilmington and report her. Has she ever encouraged your District to promote outside of approved guidelines? Has she ever falsified a field day with you? If you go on the record and they will have to investigate your charge which will buy you some time. You can claim your manager is taking out revenge on you which is against the law. But remember, HR is not your friend and will do everything possible to protect your manager unless you can show that she is treating you differently or is retaliating against you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By all means reverse it and put your manager in the hot seat for a change if you can. They've been working it on you for long enough.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck. As far as the advice about Fmla or std, not bad advice. Read more posts here on the various boards about it. HR meeting with mgr means only one thing. Make a decision quick on which way to play it, but that meeting Monday is definitely the end. As far as asking them to pull others calls, why ask them? If that's the route you wanted to go and you think the are getting you on that "one" you fat fingered and accidentally put in the wrong date on, every rep makes those mistakes. YOU print off everything you can. YOU walk in with documentation in hand showing that everyone in your district has made the same mistake, not just you. It is a systemic issue, probably due to an IT problem, but you aren't the only one who it has effected.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you have an uber-manager, more than likely you have had half day work withs that produce a fdcr that they added a few docs on to round out the day that you were "planning" to see after they left you. If that is the case, go to those doctors and ask them to verify that you had no manager that day. If the hcp will put in writing that the mgr was never there, that would discredit their claim immediately. Even if it doesn't save you, you might take the mgr out wth you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Refer to handbook. Rules there apply to everyone, even managers. Get legal help now. Contact local and federal agencies for help. Good luck.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeaj I have heard about this since you posted this exact same fake posts about six months ago. It is sad that you have nothing else to do and get a kick out of this but what is worse is all the gullible whiners waiting to chime in because they just are not too bright.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a question about being bright or not dipshit. I just didn't notice it 6 months ago because I've got better things to do than troll around on cp endlessly. People here are giving good advice since this type of bs can catch any of us. So if the op was full of it, does it really matter? Good to brush up on what you should do if you ever get that call. You'll likely only have a day to make a game plan.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds outrageous but that's what i was told. The rep that told me wasn't with AZ long and left for a better company shortly afterwards.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's right. Try to take the manager out with you, or at the least don't make it easy for them. Often a manager starts taking out reps in an effort to save their own ass. You may already have a bad manager recognized as such by the CBD and HR.