1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice
Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nature of Compounding these days. The shot heard around the compounding world with SEC/RUSSELLVILLE/OPC has shaken the industry up. Longevity depends on as much on whether these guys continue to resort to cannibalism. Hope someone is smart enough to see the bigger picture rather than bringing their enemies down...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OPC may be shut down but they are just going to move their doctor database and their sales force over to Dermatran.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahaha! And TPS has an archery store in the basement. Yeah....CLASS act!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is too much back and forth, it's hard to keep it all straight. Will someone please answer the following questions:

1. Has OPC re-opened? What are the charges filed against them?

2. Who are the industry leaders of compounding ?

3. Does anyone has any information regarding Focused Pain Relief? They're based in NY
    and seem to be very good about making sure everything they do is legal and up-to-date.

4. What is a good website to find clinical research on a transdermal drug efficacy?

Thank you!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All good questions I would like to know as well...

I am trying to decide between taking a marketing position with Focused Pain Relief or Dermatran. Trying to do my research to help me decide and found this thread.

Interesting info, and maybe someone here can clarify for me but I checked for state licensure for Dermatran and, although their website states 3 pharmacy locations, Georgia, Kentucky and California, I did not see that they were actually licensed in California (Other two states, yes). I wanted to relocate out West and was considering Dermatran but if they are not licensed in California can they operate there??

And what of Focused Pain Relief. Anyone work for them?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, does everyone here on this board get what Gussenhoven is saying? "Leave me and Sam alone!!!"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL!!!! That does sound like Gussenhoven - talking a lot but not saying anything!!! Or maybe it's Art!!! LOL!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE IN-HOUSE CHEERLEADER!!!

9. Pharmist

Pharmist Guest

Yes I do .. I am in charge of National Pharmacy Operations. The Redding location is waiting for the California Board of Pharmacy to issue a pharmacy license. We expect that to be any day now. Until we are licensed we aren't dispensing to California patients.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr. Anonymous, you certainly are angry. The sad thing is these products really help patients.

Anyway, from what I know of Dermatran, they have someone who actually comes on a site like this and identifies himself and answers a legitimate question honestly. They have an owner who will get rid of anyone who may do something that would jeopardize the organization.

There is alot of money to be made in compounding, and by operating conservatively. Alot of patients that can be helped. Even you cant disagree with that last statement.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondering just what OPC did that was so bad. Give away half of their prescriptions, or at least take a loss. Max copays for patients. Use the best ingredients and pure a.p.i.'s for patients, even Medicare patients. If Medicare had their way, they want pharmacies to grind up tablets, to reverse engineer a tablet that big pharma has spent years developing, making sure that the fillers and the other 95% of the non active ingredient are grinded down as well, and then put in a Topical. At least one could make the case that they operated with the patient in mind-who knew they would get caught up in the SEC/Russellville issues where the real bad seed was located and being investigated, right Rodney. Pretty sad, Pretty slick too Rodnay....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were there because what they were doing was illegal, very illegal regardless if you think it shouldnt be. Other pharmacies were abiding by the law, why should the Sheffield guys have gotten a free pass?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know the particulars, but the Sheffield folks should NOT have gotten away with anything that they were doing that was illegal (perhaps you can share what is was that they were doing)....
    I am saying that it was too bad that the actions of SEC brought in at least one other pharmacy that was doing the right thing by patients and provided quite a bit of medications to patients far below costs-I think over half of the medications send out were at a loss. Many of these patients are no longer able to afford their Pain medications. That is not right on some level. And at least one of these pharmacies (not named SEC) is reopening very soon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What industry doesnt have a horrible reputation?

Hard to take you seriously when you can't spell pretty basic werds.

How did "some of the staff try the product."? Most have sampled, which most pharmacies have disavowed themselves of completely.

OPC is reopening is word on the street. The same can't be said of SEC.

You can make good $$ if you stick with it. Anyone who relies on CafePharma for their information will absolutely not believe you can make good money and will jump on the bashing bandwagon because Cafepharma quite frankly is primarily for the disgruntled.

I made 6 fugures pretty quick, and have had several $20k/month, some months almost twice this much. The thing is most dont give this the time to make it work, don't give it a second thought, think it has a "horrible reputation",and so on, and all that means is more $$ for those of us who are able to live the good life independant of the micromanagement that is most of healthcare sales today. I hear that Dermatran wants to W-2 reps-lets hope they don't cap pay because they wont keep the producers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now OPC reopening would be interesting. Besides, DermaTran is now calling on all of OPC's doctors.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you and the rest of the DermaTran trolls think Cafepharma is for the disgruntled then stop posting out here. And you should check your spelling!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is "Rediculous".

No one leaves samples with a schedule. If they do, then I would report them.

OPC, while not perfect, also ran into bad luck. They may continue their plans of opening pharmacies in various parts of the country..?? I know reps making over $25K/Month there that would not go back due to the damage done with how they went about stopping their compounding operations overnight.

Saying that Dermatran is calling on OPC Docs is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. NO ONE WILL EVER make a hill of beans calling on someones former customers. Take it from someone who make 6 figures in past 3 months, there is so much potential out there that I would get out of the mold of calling on former customers of someone else, especially if it is OPC. Like I said, not sending MD or patients letters saying that compounding is voluntarily suspended, suggesting where to fill your Rx's, etc, has riled up alot of physicians against OPC, and compounding in general. If you want to be succesful, call on who you know, and call on pain related docs. Period. If you are a rookie then fine use an old list to get you started, but if you want to get to the point of gaining full independance doing this then you best organize yourself, make calls from 9-5 if not longer, for the first 3 months because you won't make much during this time but will set the table for the 5 figure bonus checks by month 4-5....Otherwise you will be like many others complaining about the industry, badmouthing whomever you worked for or with, spending time on here blasting this and that, and so on. Your best bet is find someone who has made it in this industry, and stay close and reassure yourself through those that have done it, that this can be done.

I have 30+ years in Bio Pharma and never have I seen your mindset deliver.....think about that, but I guarantee your mindset will deliver!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can say that in my shortndealingsnwith this company are nothing but many red flags!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such as....? Otherwise, your post is just about as hollow and a waste of space and time. Are you one of the whiners who is not doing well (insert any company name) and starts vague anonymous accusations on the world wide web. You are a dime a dozen.....

However, if you are specific, well then lets Talk/Hear it?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Commission vs Draw