Class Action Lawsuit against J&J for reverse discrimination

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See the thread in the J&J Board. Apparently there may be a class action lawsuit pending against J&J for reverse discrimination as a result of the PRICARA downsizing in April of 2009. Qualified and experienced former PRICARA reps who are white males are not being rehired by any J&J Companies. If anyone knows anymore about this please post and share your information. There are a lot of us out here who really got screwed by J&J and continue to get screwed because we don't even get a response to any J&J job postings. I guess they want to hire people right out of college with NO experience!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over it. There is no discrimination here. I'm so sick and tired of people whining and suing because you got cut in a downsizing. Over 90% of discrimination lawsuits are bullshit. This feeds into the entitlement mentality this country has developed over the last 30 years. Nobody owes you anything. Make yourself more valuable to the company than others and they will keep you. I would hire recent college grads for this job too. Why does jnj need to pay someone $100k to drop samples and collect signatures?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you were one of the dumb young inexperienced people who wasn't let go! How would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot. Ask around and see what it's like to be 40 with to kids in college and no job after giving J&J more than 15 years of top performance. Performance didn't have crap to do with the redeployments. That's why J&J is doing so bad now!! Face it, they screwed up. If you are a current J&J employee, what have you done to improve productivity. If you are so great, you must be carrying a lot of people! Actually, you sound like one of the incompetent "new" J&J managers!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15 years of top performance? Now that is funny. You're a pharma rep. Your influence is minimal if any. I've seen vacant territories consistently be in the top 10%. All of pharma, and particularly jnj, have a bloated sales force with reps tripping over each other in the field and physicians closing access because there are more reps in the waiting room than patients. This industry is going to go one of two ways:

1. The sales force will be severely downsized and the only representatives will be medical professionals such as Pharm D's, PA's or NP's.

2. Companies will turn to college grads and/or contract groups to market their drugs to physicians. Upper management is slowly realizing they don't need to pay someone more than 40k per year for this job and get the same results.

I was in pharma for over 10 years and left last year. I'm not trying to be cruel but the sooner you realize that the pharma sales model is over, the sooner you can move on to another career.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you. The high salaries and compensation packages given by jnj in this recession need to be adjusted according to the real value of what a "detail person" actually produces for the company. "Detail people" have always been overpaid. Every "detail person" should appreciate that they made so much money for decades in this industry. That is why every pharma/biotech company is now only hiring contract sales reps, college grads, or consultants without benefits.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your input Mr. Weldon!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah i am sure that if you ran a company you'd pay your sorry ass the kind of money you are making, you haven't learned what the value of a dollar is, people would spit in your face for being so arrogant you overpaid piece of shit

its guys like this that ruined it for all, now you actually are old, and will be underpaid and bitter for the rest of your life. the end

[​IMG]

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, that's not discrimination. NO ONE gets responses from JNJ recruiting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Ignorant, did you know that DM's (and RBD's, etc.) had their comp tied to a point system where a "diversity hire" was a plus, but a white male (by definition NOT a diversity hire) counted for nothing?

My experience is that J&J was explicitly targeting racial outcomes in HR practices and tied it to comp. If that comes out in court, look for JNJ to be chicken at 165 deg F (i.e. WELL DONE.)

I can't say if this fact has anything to do with rehiring after layoff or any other specific lawsuit, but there was a reason the company has a fast track for advancement if one is female, black, or Hispanic.

Poster Child: the RBD laid off from Chicago, who despite a couple reported times on corrective action, was rehired into a J&J company within months. It couldn't have anything to do with that person's sex or skin color....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the poster. This type of thing is really happening not just at johnson and johnson but across entire industries. A systematic, centrally organised, and coordinated attack that has been ongoing for years, by foreign controlled staffing agencies and HR double agents working for foreigners, namely a conspiracy to sell American jobs to foreigners that want to come to the United States and throwout and discredit experienced white Americans. There are at least 2-3 different special interest groups working together to attack the empolyment base, the most powerful of which are the Indian nationals, Chinese nationals working in the United states.

Initially, it sounds like a reasonable idea to allow some foreigners to take jobs in the United States... and they actually wanted this to happen... the problem is that is has become so out of control to the point of utter corruption, where its become completely impossible for experienced white American males to even find regular empolyment in their field in certain industies, engineering, medical, IT banking, etc... Where there is a job available for Americans this job has been converted to a verbal 3 month contractual agreement that they break throw out Americans after 3-4 weeks and blocking them from appy for a regular job at the company thereafter. Doing this actually makes more job slots for foreigners because they can pretend that Americans are not qualified by throwing them out this way. There is this endless wall of fake job postings and fake job submission forms designed to prevent you from getting connected to the job. Who can deny it? have you tried apply to jobs online lately? you can't even enter you address on the application form without sifting through 1000's of city and state from outside the united states in the drop down combo boxes all with faces of happying smiling minories watching you while you post job application form. its all physiological warefare by foreigners running the job submission todiscourage americans from even thinking about apply for the jobs. They don't even really need or care about your present address or salary... they just collect this information to make you pick the United States and the state and city you live mixed with foreign cities and states as a form of propaganda to tease Americans and make them angry.... I think someforeign assholes setting up companies to discriminate like this should have their head impaded on a stick and displayed in public for doing this type of thing...as should the sell outs American they are bribing to do this work for them... we need to go medieval on them to get our country back...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take our country back. What a bunch of BS !!! I bet u You listen to that Sorry ass Rush Limbaugh