Zimmer acquires Biomet for 13.3 Billion

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh dear. I don't like this one bit especially at that price. Sales force get the ky ready and touch your toes this one is gunna hurt.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do we get is a non recalled shoulder and a goddamn uni for 13.3 Billion. Not to forget a cast off Trauma line to match our own lousy trauma line. Where's the money coming from- your commissions assuming you survive the cut as you better be better than your Biomet counterpart or you will be unemployed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Way to go big Z! Got a $9.5 billion company for $13.5 billion. Enjoy that $4 billion in debt. Great purchase. Way to make Blackstone looks like GENUISES!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomet employee here......curious as to what Zimmer people have been told regarding the timing of this deal.....who approached whom, and when??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line. Cost savings mentioned = loss of jobs for many in Warsaw. Oly a few on top cut their deal to make millions. Binder got his exit plan

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I see a lot of divesting happening in the next 6 months. Zimmer won't want the bone stim biz and I see the Biomet guys picking up zimmer trauma.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to your threads on this site..., looks like Zimmer found a way to replace all the Zimmer Reps that left.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Theyve given themselves a year to plan the layoffs. Closing of deal not slated til Q1 2015.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let kristoff deal with this.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer has been trying to figure out what to do about the high attrition rate the last few years. What an elegant solution. Go and buy the company all your ex-employees went to. Now you have them back. Voilla - attrition issue solved. For all you Biomet types who thought you were free of the oppressive soul-sucking culture that is Zimmer - sorry. Time to start wearing big boy clothes and hating your job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a joint rep but am curious if anyone can provide market share for Zimmerman,Biomet,Stryker and jnj in the recon market,or any others.Thanks!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former Z rep for 10+ yrs. Biomet for the past 3. Left Z when the GE ya who's were running the show. F'd up the culture! Too bad! Biomet is an incredible company - even though not the company culture it used to be. Nonetheless, Biomet is absolutely headed in the right direction - NO DOUBT!
    I honestly think this deal has some big hurdles. My only hope is that Z has learned their lesson & bring back focus of corporate on the sales team & does the right thing in Warsaw.

There is major overlap but combined products make for an unbelievable offering.

Z: TM, Persona, REV TKA, ZSS, Acetabular revision, OSP

B: Shoulders, Hips, XP knee, Oxford, E1 & ArcomXL, sports med, Biologics, spine, dental, Porous plasma spray (bye bye Fiber Metal mesh)

BOTH: Biologics & marrying of trauma line

The fact is that, in order for this work, the correct people have to be put in place in order to create the "culture" that the Z & B used to be. There's an opportunity here. For goodness sakes, don't screw it up Z & DD.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Z is so stupid to be complete idiots, then they deserve to dissolve & wither. Something tells me this won't be the case. Time to hire a CEO who is not an attorney

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Time to hire a CEO who is not an attorney"

Oh, I don't know - he might be useful when it comes to sorting out the s**t storm of contractual issues coming their way... And not just in the US.

UK - for example - Biomet have significant presence in both Office and Manufacturing Infrastructure here in Wales. I hope all of those Zimmerfolk in beautiful Swindon are ready for the commute! Or not.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So DD may now salvage his legacy as the guy who brokered the Biomet deal instead of the guy who created a compliance driven company that cant get out of its own way. Like others have stated, hopefully we take this opportunity to create a shift in culture and make it a place that's actually enjoyable to work at again. Now one can see the purpose of recruiting Nolan from Biomet a year or two ago - someone who knows how they think and can help get into their pants.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also might come in handy when you have a DOJ and FDA looking for any opportunity it can to gouge the corporatocracy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see some challenges on the horizon, but nothing that can't be worked out. This could be a great opportunity for both companies and having more products in your bag is always a good thing. I'm sure none of you would disagree with that. As you look at the industry, you should know that the winds of change are blowing. Soon, that light breeze will more mimic a tropical storm. So, Marrying these two companies allows us to compete, possibly dominate the orthopedic market. We will be able to drive pricing by pure Volume, while having more market share. This will allow us to increase the number of our sales force in certain markets where we have had little presence. Look, it's simple....The industry is moving to 3 major companies. ...it was bound to happen, so I can't think of a better company to be associated with than Zimmer. I don't know about you, but I'm not the biggest fan of Stryker and I can promise you that I wouldn't want to work with Smith and nephew. What do they offer? Let's all embrace this and go kick the shit out of Depuy and Stryker! And as always. ..I believe if your going to say it, then put your name on it!

Chad Casey
    Biomet Orthopedics

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow dvorak felt his ass kissed all the way to warsaw