Dress attire for med on 100 degree Plus days

Discussion in 'Southeast Reps' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2007 at 9:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone not wwear a jacket?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never wear a jacket! Don't want to look like i came in from the pool

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm 6'6" and 280lbs...too fat for a jacket after it gets over 90.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wear Scrubs. Cuts down on the drycleaning bill.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

amen, me too

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when it gets in the 90's, which is from june to september here, i never wear a jacket......and very rarely a tie for that matter....i've ruined too many expensive dress shirt collars sweating all day

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am at the pool forging signatures.....nice and cool there

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don, is that you?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I only wear a jacket when my DM rides with me although we ARE professionals and ought to wear nice suits which does include a jacket.
    We need to set ourselves apart from those cheesy, scanky home health agency reps and DME reps so when it's hot, i don't wear a jacket but do not
    wear anyting casual, either! You figure it out! Use your best judgment!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SCRUBS. PERIOD

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to not dress with a tie and jacket only adds to the cheaping of the industry

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well when its that hot out I think common sense should play a role. I know it got up to 107 last summer in SC and I ran into reps with suit coats on. I was thinking do they not have any common sense. Then I go in and talk to the Dr. and we joked about people wearing suits when it was 100+ even if it is company policy. I wear just dress pants, shirt and tie at temps greater than 70 but then again I sweat easy and it also depends on the dew point temp as well.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WE ARE PROFESSIONALS......so dress like it! Scrubs? Please, maybe if you work as a device rep in a hospital, then you should be in scrubs but definitely not in the field! Are you a doctor wanna be cuz it sounds that way. As for wearing a jacket...come on be professional. We certainly DO NOT want to be confused with those sleeze bag home health reps and DME reps! WALK THE WALK, TALK THE TALK and DRESS LIKE A TRUE REP!
    So it's hot, DEAL WITH IT....start yout day early and finish early so you can beat the heat!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A suit silly...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, why do dress like a banker every friggin' day to sell to people in their pajamas?? I'm not pharma, but still rock the monkey suit so that I can crawl into the hospital basement, aka- lab, and look more awkward than a male nurse. Last week it was over 100F and I turned a new italian suit into a gym towel. Though I think I scored some sympathy points, I felt like a tool.

I motion to wear scrubs in the South, save my suits for Vegas.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a medical mfgr and we would do joint calls with this one major hosp distr and we reprimanded for wearing the company polo shirt down her in 97 degree /100% humidity so florida, well the sales calls went well so our dist rep decided to complain to our upper mgmt that we did not ememplify a high end sharp corporate look, so since then we wear suits, it looks profeesional showing up dripping in sweat doing an inservice. I say we wear bemuda shorts and guayabera shirts and maybe a pith hat.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ladies,
    Has anyone ever tried the short sleeve blazer tops? I think they are cute for an under 30 crowd. They would be a lot more comfortable in the heat. I alway wear a jacket or blazer and I want to try this look. Any input?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a 40-something lady who wears short sleve jackets with dress pants, skirts and over a dress to make it look less like church and more like business. I keep them tailored and basic/neutral colors. They make suits with short or 3/4 sleves. I wear them with my manager and at regional meetings. If you make it look like it goes with the rest of the outfit, you can definately pull it off. If you shop in the right department - not juniors - or the right store, like Talbots or Nordstrom you will be safe.

Some of my territory is pretty rural, so I can get away with a blouse and no jacket in those offices. It rained all day today, so I lived in my trench coat all day. If you are dealing with the whole office, the more comfortable you are, the more comfortable you will come across. I want them to pay attention to what I have to say, not the sweat running down my neck.

I hate to see a woman wearing sleeveless tops - absolutely not - and sandals that they might wear to a club - bad taste. Gives the rest if us a bad rap.

I think men can get away with leaving the jacket in the car and just wearing a shirt and tie.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it's over 90, I seldom wear a tie and definitely not a coat; this industry image was ruined a long time ago by many women dressing like street whores. Most doctors see us as delivery people anyway so we might as well switch to brown shorts. Please save the "I am viewed as a professional resource to my offices" bullsh*t replies...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG. And where did you get YOUR MD? Exactly. IDIOT.