It's a MASSACRE

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With all of the hostile comments and responses, your reply is appreciated. A nice outlook moving forward. Thank you and God
    Bless!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at Forest for a few years and have to say it is one of the worst company cultures I have ever worked in. Congrats to those that got packages!! It's so MUCH better elsewhere. Who wants to stay at a generic company with an awful reputation selling 7 products to PCP docs??? To those that got let go, celebrate! And to those that are staying. . . Best of luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the 13% is just the begining. It will be greater when they do the 2nd phase. Some areas that are known to be full of horrible management & reps will be completely cleaning house. Those who got the package, don't be too happy, when you start looking for jobs it will be difficult to land anything if Forest is the core of your experience. Told you so, no one listened.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manpower layoff info comes out of HR not management, we RECRUITERS have insiders in HR who help out. That should be obvious.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. At all. Just because you couldn't land a job post Forest does not speak for anyone else. Quit spewing these lies.

For those of you who were displaced, you will find a better job in pharma. Don't listen to these naysayers. Keep your head up.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to admit it but Forest is not looked upon any differently than Enterprise. The world needs ditch diggers too. Get your shovels ready.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know 2 dudes that already landed device jobs and their only phara / medical was 2 years Forest.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First question that you will be asked is why did you stay in pharma for so long? Good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RECRUITER HERE: There are PLENTY of jobs in pharma. We have the goods, and HR has given us the employee (rep) profiles. I also agree, having 22 years in the business, that Forest is at the bottom end of the industry in terms of quality of sales reps and management skills. However there is a job for everyone out there.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey "Recruiter". You're full of it. First of all HR cannot give you files. Highly illegal. Second of all you must really suck at your job as an almighty "recruiter" to post on the Forest CP board only to tell your 'recruits' that you can't find a job for them.

If you get the interview, they already know what company is on your resume! If you don't get the position, it is because you either blew the interview or (gasp) someone else was better qualified in their minds, not because you worked at a certain company. It does not matter what company you came from.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because device is just as bad or worse than Forest. Base pay is very low & it's all commission. It's not fake calling & dropping of samples. Won't last more than a month.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest, more like JL and JW aren't liked or respected by Forest employees. Sample drop signature grabbing isn't rewarding or stimulating for anyone so "F" those guys. Keep it simple is great advise from someone who spends that much time staring at themselves in a mirror or at a scale. Am I the only one who thinks cross dresser when they see JL?

Outside of Forest, all anyone knows is that they have good products and are a Nationally recognized big pharma company. So, having Forest on your resume won't hurt you, it'll actually open a few doors.

If it's a none pod situation you're interviewing for, don't say something dumb liked who can sell without the help of a team. When's the last time you were bum rushed by a small mob of people the last time you were trying to buy something?

Good luck and know that your misfortune had nothing to do with how much skill, talent or determination you actually have.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It won't open any doors. Sorry.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RECRUITER HERE AGAIN: My friend, HR provides PROfiles Not Files. Do you comprehend??? Profiles are generics statistics on the employee population cross section ie titles, salary, seniority, expected turnover by voluntary and layoffs, etc . If you do not understand English then you have an uphill effort to find or retain employment.

Agree the INTERVIEW is important. However your pedigree is the reputation of your former (present) employer. You have several strikes against you when you come from a bottom rated employer.

We do this post as a SERVICE OF GOOD WILL. Obviously we have NO DIRECT CONTACT with any poster nor DO NOT WANT ANY!! We have TONS of APPLICANTS. These Posts take time out of a busy work day. I hope you can comprehend this.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my friend are a complete and utter idiot. Apply for food stamps as well and get an early start on the application process.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think this round of cuts was bad, wait until Pfizer buys Actavis...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! device is real sales. You don't sell your gone! This is no 10-2 job. I work sometimes 80 hours a week. Sometimes on Sat. You can make good money but you earn it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this what your friend told you? Do you believe everything you hear?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There over 175 job postings between the 2 legacy companies.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess considering none of us work much. A device job would be a risky career move and a major lifestyle change.