Question for the Recruiters that are always posting on here

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Aug 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since you guys post on here a lot, I have a few questions.

What types of job are you getting Forest reps?

Are you able to keep us in pharma?

I've been trying to network with other reps the last few weeks and have gotten the impression they don't want to help Forest people. I've talked to Merck, Pfizer, Takeda, Novo Nordisk and AZ reps thus far. I get the impression they think we are bottom-of-the-barrel at Forest and do not want to refer me if they have any openings. Why is that; and are you guys getting us Forest reps jobs back in pharma?

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spoiler alert: its the same idiot rep who pretends to be a DM, RD and HR that is pretending to be a recruiter. I highly doubt a recruiter is wasting their time on this site anonymously considering the chances that any rep who is miraculously influenced by the garbage on this site actually ends up in their hands.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cafepharma is the site for you to seek advice from a recruiter. Idiot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FSR1 rep here

I'm going to wait this week out before I weigh my options, but I have interviews and offers with Amgen, Gilead and Biogen. I doubt I'll have anything to worry about, since I'm FSR1, but I always like to know what I'm worth to the market.

Mr Green Jacket

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm praying for a severance package.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RECRUITER HERE: Thanks for asking the question. I know of at least 5 recruiters who post on various company sites on c-f. We focus on those companies that we know are dumping load (sales reps). My sources within Forest \ Actavis gave me a heads up of significant cuts. Our goal in posting is to 'enlighten' the sales reps as to the IMPORTANCE of retaining a recruiter. Our fees are ALWAYS paid by the highering company NOT the applicant. You know us by our calls in the office.

If we cannot get you at least 20% increase in pay then we have not done our job. OUR GOAL IS TO PUSH YOU UP THE CAREER LADDER so you come back to us Next time you want to jump ship, if ever...and pass along the GOOD WORD to your fellow employees..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a winner. Who do I call?

Recruiters helped my pal get a major raise in pharma last year so I will use one.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have contact for recruiters that specialize in biotech or device?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how do I get into contact with a recruiter in SoCal?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen-and-listen closely. Recruiters are in the realm of travel agents. Hence, circa 1998.

A simple ad on linked-in or Indeed will generate over 300 qualified applicants in less than 36-hours. Take the top 5 out of the 300 and there you go. In general there a 200 applicants per job listing for even low-level jobs such as Target / Penney's.

Sure, there will be a rare instance were a recruiter is necessary. Unfortunately PCP and specialty is not one. There are 40- thousand talented reps either sitting at home or selling make-up at Macy's'. Part-time, without benefits.

Additionally, recruiters and recruiting firms in pharma / device space as trying to leave the industry just like you. The majority have diversified and are moving away from industry to environmental or select sciences. They are begging for referrals.

Recruiters are more desperate than today's drug reps. Two desperate parties on a phone line is not a good scenario.

You will find your next job through a friend, peer, old-manager or neighbor. I promise. your next job will not result from a recruiter.

Should you get laid-off, attempt to avoid the pit fall in believing a recruiter is your salvation. It is a false sense of hope that will do you more harm than good over time.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware of 'friendly' advice that precludes opportunities for advancement. There is a great NEED for talented sales reps . A recruiter is one more means to an end- that being a better job. Yes try your network. Web services like linkedn however are a waste of time. BE VERY careful what you put on the web...as it NEVER goes away. More important is MAKE SURE your FICO rating (credit) is VERY STRONG. That means no history of late payments or excessive unsecured debt. As a Recruiter I know how to work these issues thru back door. You simply WILL NOT get a job on your own if you have ANY credit issues. Also all companies will search web (like cf) and look at your posts. Trust me they check this stuff. Again a Recruiter has ways to mitigate this.

So good luck. We have plenty of happy clients and are not 'travel agents' as another poster alluded. That poster may be a plant.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should I get the fried FICO score repaired tonight or in the morning?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiter here. Yes FICO score is very very important. All companies check this. Better not Hebe amy long bills or big auto loan. Otherwise get us to find you a job. We have a way to handle this.