Ian Read.. listen up, next moves for PFE and Stakeholders

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by RIMM, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. RIMM

RIMM Guest

As I have been touting for the past 3 years on this board, PFE needs to downsize not merge with other companies. Yes, the mergers do add a slight benefit, but the cost of a merger, far outweigh the benefits in TODAY's environment. What worked yesterday will not work in todays model.

Thank GOD, that Steere is removing himself from the board! He is doing more damage to the company by following his previous philosophy that worked more than a decade ago.

ITT and other companies have shown that by spinning off divisions, you maximize efficiency and transparency to the stakeholders. Pigs will get slaughtered and the creme will rise to the top. PFE needs to spin off all divisions and come into the core to be successful going forward.

A word to the wise - the pending layoffs, of course no ones likes them on a personal level, but are needed after mergers. Instead of letting the senior managers decide who to let go, you should be removing THEM. The folks making <125k are the real engine of the business. Yes, Kindler removed many managers, but levels that are making above 125k, are part of a closed network that feeds on itself and removes efficiency. Lets face it, senior managers become managers because someone likes them, not necessarily because they are efficient. By leaving the cuts to higher levels, the company is going no where but down. Remove the fluff and keep the working core, if you want to maximize return. Look at Novartis -- they have project teams that report directly to the VP. Very efficient organization that has a ROI for research.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Sir Doucheybag...I wish to start with you. Please submit your name on the next post.

Most sincerely

IR

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not Ian but a terrified SD hiding behind a curtain. Think Wizard of Oz....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you have a more useless level than State Director? They cost us over $400,000 fully loaded, have 2-4 direct reports (DBMs and/or CADs), NO direct leadership of anything other than sales...and the majority of their days is filled with ass-kissing their regional president (the second-worst position in terms of ROI), and coming up with busywork to justify their experience...

Hey, remind me how your last PowerPoint slide deck, built by consultants or cut&pasted from other peoples' work, moved a single script?

Can you hear the crickets?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey get off my back I am important, I am a State Director! I matter more than you!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true SD: all about me, not an iota of thought about the business

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

like YOU have a pre call plan!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer needs to break up.. NOW Pfire the lazy non-working, coffee sipping, meeting happy managers that have NO input. I hope the C-level people see this; the company is going down the tubes, folks. Pick it up!