Recent Pfizer Retiree "Transition of Care"

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Bsailn1, Dec 27, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Bsailn1

Bsailn1 Guest

How does Pfizer get away with this?

First, we received a follow-up letter explaining errors in the health plan we may have already chosen (since it was received past the enrollment date).

Now, we receive a "clarification" and are being told only certain Behavioral providers will be included in this new plan and it appears the two providers treating a family member are not in the approved loop . Appears that it is a bait and switch tactic on the initial info. received vs this "Transition" letter we received today. Again, the plan was not explained and laid out correctly to us before we had to choose a plan.

This is very poor presentation of a most important subject, our health care. Pfizer, why did you not have all your "ducks in a row" when the initial materials were rolled out to us?

Seems as if Big Blue changes what it wants as time goes forward. This is not what we Contracted for. What else is going to be changed soon for 2012?

If we can generate enough kickback on this, just maybe we can pursue this with the Company.

I wouldn't have to be dealing with this if Pfizer had not Forced Wyeth to sell to them and I ended up as one of the many RIF employees. How should we proceed? Let's Roll!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you really surprised??? This is the same company that wanted to dump you into Obama care and our CEO. Then they want you go out an lobby via the PAC to help dump you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had $4000 in out of pocket expenses this year and my health insurance with Pfizer paid nothing. Medicare was the only payer that made a difference. Yet, I paid those high premiums. Next year will be the last year I participate in Pfizer's health plans. Most people do not realize how they are getting ripped off by Pfizer with these new changes all at the expense of making those in power look good. The dirty little secret is the medical plan that the executives and board of directors have. It's shameful what they are doing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we are getting ripped off and yes, Pfizer executives and the BOD should hang their heads in shame. But this is the "Free Market" in action, making big profits for executives and shareholders to enjoy. This is the <i>American Way</i>. Americans idolize the free market and will strongly defend it even after they are repeatedly taken to the cleaners by it. They have rejected attempts to improve the healthcare system and they have rejected attempts to control the worst excesses of their corporate monarchs. So how much sympathy do Pfizer retirees deserve? None at all. This is what you voted for in 2010.......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I clearly state, I did not vote for this!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF are you talking about? You spew opinonated shit and contradict yourself. I presume you're a communist/progressive who hates corporate America or free market enterprise.

I somehow forgot that your idea of government/society works perfectly. Remind me how again?

Then I can have a field day destroying your points with actual facts and not even using my feelings like those that govern you completely.

As for the OP, Pfizer does not contractually owe you retirement health care. It's voluntary on their part. If you failed to save enough money over your 40+ years of working, that is your fault.

Now if pfizer is dicking you around this year and being dishonest or incompetent after you've entered into a healthcare agreement, then yes, hire an attorney and go after them. Odds are it's just some mid level HR manager who is incompetent and is trying to cover her ass now. When it comes to insurance, attorneys get paid by the insurer if they are wrong. You might even get a free attorney under your homeowner's policy. Look into it. Good luck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait until you get hit with your new co-pay costs...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never thought I would have this view, but as someone who has worked for Pfizer for 25 plus years, and been laid off, it is rediculous not to get health care. The fact that all the fat cats are set up before they even start with this company is nauseating when considering people who have dedicated many more years of their lives to the success of this company

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working together for a healthier world.
    Unless your a severed employee?
    Look at commitment number 6 on Pfizer's web site.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You dolt. Pfizer made its commitments to these benefits long ago when it recruited with golden handcuffs that if you stayed with the company with deferred compensation benefits you would be rewarded for not leaving to another company for more upfront money. Now Pfizer is reneging on its wages deferred after it received the full benefit of employees work in prior years. Nothing is voluntary on Pfizer's part.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In many countries affordable health care is a right for everyone. If you're sick you go to the doctor or hospital and they treat you with no paperwork required and no out-of-pocket expenses. No American can conceive of the freedom this gives you. It's real freedom. Here in the US affordable healthcare is only a right for the 1%. For all of us and for others in the 99% it's a privilege, often grudgingly given. When you've gotten your treatment (and you may have to wait for that) there will be lots of paperwork and a fight to get the insurance company to pay for their share of the cost. Over 50% of personal bankruptcies in America are caused by healthcare costs. Many of these people had insurance but it didn't cover enough of the high costs.

Strangely, Americans are fighting very hard to keep this dysfunctional approach. They are dismissive of any system where people have a right to get healthcare. I'm not sure if that's caused by greed, stupidity or ignorance. The rest of the world looks on in amazement at how dysfunctional we are............

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up. You're lucky you have health care at all. If you don't give me and the boys another blockbuster, you'll be out on the street selling your bleedin'ass to pay for your anti psychotics. Now get to work!
    Ian-

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have been saving all along. Your pension is $2.5 billion underfunded, whitey.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nutty commie is back. How fucking wrong could you be? Other countries are a clusterfuck and would have witch doctor medical care if it weren't for the free enterprise system here in America. Which is dwindling to nothing thanks to you enemies of freedom leftists. Just go away you deluded nutbag!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They also took away our dental insurance for 2012. Crooked people. Unbelievable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the dolt on here who is acting like healthcare is a right of all Americans. Healthcare is not a right. Just like a home, a car, a cell phone is not a right. You receive healthcare when you land a good job that offers the benefits. That's why you work your buns off in school, to better yourself, to make yourself look great on paper so you'll get hired. It's mainly the igmos who wake up in their mid 20's with nothing to show for their lives, except laziness and mediocrity, who start wailing that the govt (my tax dollars, your tax dollars) should take care of them. Of course these igmos come in all ages.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me give you some INCONVENIENT FACTS:

45,000 Americans die each year because they lacked health insurance and couldn't get treatment.

The U.S. spend 53% more on healthcare per capita than the next closest country, Switzerland, and 140% more than the median cost for industrialized countries but in spite of this we only rank 24th in the world when it comes to the quality of that healthcare, just behind Chile and ahead of Portugal.

The infant mortality rate in the US is 50% higher than the average for all industrialized countries.

Premature mortality rate (people dying before the age of 70) is 30% higher in the US for men and 50% in the US for women than the average mortality figures for all countries.

The truth is that having a private healthcare system where you have to beg for coverage from corporations and then spend a quarter of your money on administration costs is a national disaster. Only a mindless Conservative ideologue would fight to keep it the way it is now. That would be you....................

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many Americans are brainwashed into thinking our corrupt healthcare system based on greed, is the best in the world. It's not. Insurance companies charge too much, pharma companies charge too much, labs, dme, and Drs. ALL, charge too much. I would gladly embrace universal healthcare with incentives set in place for people to have a healthy lifestyle.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and some politician in D.C. will decide why you die..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot! What do you think happens when you use up $500,000 or $1Million in healthcare insurance. You get no more coverage, no more money, no more treatments and you DIE if the last-resort government programs won't cover you.