Chantix suicide numbers are out

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2007 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chantrix works better than anything on the planet. The only problem is that yes, I've quit smoking, but I've been awakened to the stench of death three times over the past 4 months. I live in rural Arkansas, and I smoked like a freaking bonfire! Those days are over, but since I've been on Chantrix I've totally blacked out many nights. It happened again this morning and I'm considering reporting it to the company; just one more time. This morning, as 2 times prior, I awoke to the rushing warm blood of a freshly slaughtered goat at my groin. I was in my underwear, in my front yard, and blood was everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE! I don't know quite what to do. I'll stick with it a bit more and see, but it's an unusual side effect. Anyone else going through this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyones body is relatively the same but reacts different in every way! Yet we still clump people into statistics and percentages. This thread was created to alert more people about the dangers this drug has, It isnt denying that yes more die of cancers, and other horrible ailments. It hurts to know that people we love die trying to make their life better. Like my uncle who needed a solution to his smoking habit because he wanted to be around for my young cousin and his wife. He wanted to stop having to pause life to go out and smoke. After taking Chantix for awhile last year around this time he went out one morning to the graves of his brother and father and shot himself. Of coarse past pain was apart of it but im convinced it was Chantix that really made those painful thoughts and memories unbearable.... so unbearable that it made him want to end it and block out the thoughts of family, friends and fellow firefighters, things to live for. He had depression and mood swings as far as i know but nothing that indicated he would do something like this. I think doctors should assume in every case of giving this to a patient that the worst is possible especially since lots of people (especially males) tend to withheld personal feelings and thoughts.

If your trying to quit more power to you but if you want to take this drug as a last resort please please please have a strong support system and a trust worthy doctor.

3. Raoul McCool

Raoul McCool Guest

I also am on Chantix for a second time. Took it for a month before, quit for 3, went out drinking and started back up again. That was 2 years ago. The only side effects I felt last time were the crazy, vivid nightmares. Now that I'm back on Chantix, I've decided to quit drinking as well, because I've always associated smoking with having a beer in my hand. This has been easy because I was never a heavy drinker anyway. I may would go out once a month and get tanked with my buddies. I'm still only having the crazy dreams, but that don't mean I coukd be affected other ways. My wife is on the look out for strange behavior, so are my friends and co workers that I've informed of the side effects of Chantix and have all promised to intervene if I start acting or talking crazy shit. I figured that was the best way to successfully use this drug to quit and stay safe. Just make sure the people around you all the time are aware of what could happen, and I'm sure they will be happy to keep an eye on you and help you with your plan to quit. Working great for me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way so everyone those number are number reported in ONE WEEK, NOT ONE YEAR. So those who are skeptical, PLEASE TAKE THIS DRUG MORE SERIOUSLY

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way so everyone those number are number reported in ONE WEEK, NOT ONE YEAR. So those who are skeptical, PLEASE TAKE THIS DRUG MORE SERIOUSLY

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. A lot of people who don't take Chantix kill themselves but I think these statistics and research is important. I am a week into my Chantix and I an having lots of "better off dead" feelings and urges to kill myself. I am also on a mood stabilized and that could be interacting with it. I really want to quit smoking and no other way has worked but I am very depressed on Chantix and I think it is causing my urges to committee suicide.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster whose loved committed suicide. Sounds like he was suffering from neuropsychiatric symptoms for awhile. Did you ever consider he smoked in order self medicate himself? Nicotine's effect on the pleasure centers of the brain is profound. It is the main reason why it is so hard to quit. Chantix will effect those pleasure centers by blocking the nicotine and minimizing the release of dopamine. The result is you arent gonna feel so great.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has nothing to do with Chantix, but I must say you have made the most sense out of everyone on here. Why are we still eating all this crap? Because Americans (most) are scared of 1 thing and that is inconvience. google pink slime, google Monstanto, google food INc and the movie FRESH.. Apple juice at walmart.. almost everything from walmart comes from China, we have the same shit in the USA, why do we need china's? Cause its cheaper! thats why.. Cheaper food means you live a shorter life. Point blank.

You go into the doctors and say .."ohh I have been feeling sad lately." they give you an RX.. Really cause life sucks sometimes, we all feel sad.. put your big girl/boy panties on and deal with it! (this is meant for the kinda sad people, not actual mental problem people, who actually need the drugs)

Why are super flus and disease so big all of a sudden.. Ohh maybe because we give vaccinations for EVERYTHING under the sun.. You dont think we need to get sick to build up immunities.. Flu vaccination dosent even work half the time, causes you to actually get sick cause they shoot it into your blood stream. Yes your blood attacks it and will again, if it works right.. but it is short lived thats why you "need" one every year..Who the hell do you know thats gets the flu via blood. Its airborne.. So they give you the mist because all viral illness needs to go through the digestive track to build immunities the WAY OUR BODIES INTENDED IT TO BE. but its still not the same. The flu kills infants and older people. All of these case's are with people already immune compromised.

Chantix, last but NOT least... I was going to do it. I have smoked entirely too long, I dont want my kids to see me and think smoking is what we all must do.. BUT I have decided I am stronger than that. I am gonna kick smokings ass eventually. I need to get it together and get a life! I am a mom, military wife, I work PT and own a non profit, I have a life, dont get me wrong.. but I mean get a life with out smoking.. I need to get my own big girl panties on and deal with it! I know it is easier to talk shit to people who say what I have said about Chantix, but anything that is worth something is hard.. If it is too easy, it is not the right way.. My theory anyway.. Good luck to all Chantix or not, Monsanto followers (which would be anyone who buys groceries from a grocery store, eats out of boxes, and at restaurants) and vaccination crazy people.. do your research! No one is looking out for you but you. Certainly NOT our leaders (I am using the term leaders VERY loosely!)
    Take Care, -Shelly

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started Chantix two weeks ago. I have smoked since I was 23, started when I was in college during the 60's. I probably smoked at least a pack a day. I am now very close to 70 years old and was still smoking. I was have some minor mouth and throat problems and I knew what was causing these problems-smoking. After going to the doctor, I discovered that I have vocal cord problems. The doctor found large growths on my vocal cords. He said if you do not quit smoking, you will die. So, I started Chantix and I have had very few side effects. I just started week 3 and I have not smoked the last 2 weeks. I am having some issues with nicotine withdrawal. I have handled these withdrawals with swimming, walking, and reading consistently.

I also used the CHANTIX Savings Card and save up to $75 per monthly prescription.
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s327/sh/be2bf7f5-b5a3-4922-bc67-e99823fd7d54/08065f57349ddc1d041e6d7da439fefb

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, if your story is true, You are one of the Lucky Ones. Most everybody I know and my Drs. know , have had major side effects. Do not use Chantix with any of our Active Duty Armed Forces. Seriously.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

medical advice from cafepharma, yeah I will listen to this

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brigham Young University study say's (and the World Health Organization back's it up) that 150,000 souls die of lung cancer a year and they are NON-SMOKERS. It's not the cigarettes, it's the 138 toxins that corporate America puts in the air, the 10 in your food and the 5 in your cloths. Those more susceptible to these toxins are none smoker's. Back in the mid seventy's we had a political surgeon general, his name was KOOP who started all of this, it was a time when all the hippie's where protesting corporate pollution. His anti-smoking champagne was a diversion to take attention off the protesters. The biggest joke ever pulled on the world.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well we know smoking cigs not just can kill but will kill