IS is next

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are probably the same person who kept posting over the past couple of years that IS was going to get significant cuts. Because this site is anonymous, you won't own up to how very wrong you were. Due to some weird IS hatred, you keep posting crap. Nothing in pharma sales is for certain, but IS is better positioned than most in the company. Go get some therapy for your weird hatred and get a life.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the constant absorbing of territories across the country isn't a indicator? I am in the South and we have had a lot of this-talked to some others across the country and some similar noise there as well. may not be cuts, but there sure will be a lot of downsizing of the number of territories when people leave on their own accord. Unfortunately the previous poster doesn't understand that IS is selling nothing specific to the hospital space right now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any openings in IS right now? I'm willing to relocate to any of the 195 countries and will pay my own relocation.

Base salary range? $0-$1,000,000 id be ok with.

I am a world renowned chef so I could cook my hospitals/offices their food which would enable me to save the company several thousands a year.

I have several awards in my previous careers as a professional role player so I should be a shoe in against any competition, physician etc.

Only problem is I have an over active bladder so I don't think I could sit through the interview. Do you sell a medication I could chew on during the process?

My references are all residents at my local hospital so would that be beneficial?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crickets.. Cough cough ... Not funny at all.. You just typed all that and it wasn't funny ... That was really awful

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Ebola on the rise, all hospitals will be on
    Lockdown more than ever with pharma reps.

Many of us want out of this whole charade. Drs have easy access to drug information on their EMRs and IPhones. They don't need our biased drivels and have no time or tolerance for it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there is a great future in IS, can you explain the reason behind the removal of some of the the RMs from this group?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RMs were removed? I was told our RM was fine in IS. There are only a few so who was removed? Were they retained in Cluster 2 by chance?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And how many IS reps were let go? I'll give you the answer = zero. No-one said IS is safe forever, just for now. Stupid idiots keep posting IS hatred and claiming layoffs every year. With Pfizer, cuts are inevitable. Stop posting your IS hatred. Come back in a year and may be your doom posts will be closer to reality.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

iS is has a set of skills that cannot simply be replicated, unlike primary care (or any other therapeutically aligned field for for that matter). Throw out your best insult, please! BUT 99.9% of PC Reps are scared $hitless about going into hospitals. AND IF YOU WANT OUT, get out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PC RM has replaced an IS RM in the West.
    Dont kid your selfs cuz you got a promotion PC reps are just as smart and can learn and handle the hospital environment I've seen it a hundred times your not as special as you think in fact I'll bet most IS reps came from PC at one time or another.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny aren't you? The central
    RM and South remained in their current role. IS is on the table during every discussion. It has been for years. If numbers don't blow up by end of year... KAMs take on Eliq. In hospitals and VAMs take on P13. The topic of dissolving IS will be back on the table but this time, the table is a big piece of wood and chop, chop. Sad but true. Once the Big Z goes away, there is no need to keep the division chasing scripts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The KAM's can't sell at all. They do nothing except show managed care coverage and try and talk to pharnacy directors about pricing. They are over paid and anyone can do what they do.. Put a KAM in front of a group of cardiologists and watch them piss down their leg.. In the end it's about selling and being able to speak to doctors.. Kams are not capable of this... This is why companies all over get rid of Kams .. They are over paid and bring no value.. Any rep can bring a spread sheet with pricing into a pharmacy director.,

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KAMs dont even get see pharmacy unless an IS rep brings them to an appt., which there is no reason to because they are not Pharm.D's and pharmacy does not need or want to talk with them. There are just another layer of BS that Pfizer loves to pay a salary to for no need. The IS reps. uncover hospital needs, uncover physician and c-suite decision makers, and have been doing the same thing the KAM job description is the whole time. IS usually identifies and sets appt.s for the MOS to talk with hosital customers, and only brings in the KAM afterwords so their feeling dont get hurt. IS is a glorified rep job, so the only way a KAM could do the IS role is if they were calling on doctors and knew how to get a drug on formulary and understood the role protocols play in a hospital. None of which they do. This who company is a joke with layers of jobs that do absolutely nothing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why couldn't PC sell Eliquis in the hospital without calling IS to find out who were the decision makers and how the hospital system works. PC has no clue about hospitals in systems, and think each hospital can make their own decisions. They are incompetent in understanding how protocols get updated. They do not understand contracting, product discounts, even how to understand the data. What do you expect, PC are just sample droppers, aint no secret. Eliquis only started improving in Oct. 2013. Guess what sales division came on board at that time?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of this is true there would be a learning curve just as any new IS rep had at one time or another. The point is it can be learned by a smart PC rep just as it was learned at one time by all IS reps. Dont bash all PC reps as unable to do or learn it like you have some special brain. The question is do we need both or do they take the hit and retrain PC?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you don't realize (which you have to ask why) is that most IS reps. are seasoned. Avg. hospital experience is over 10 years. When a position opens in IS, no one in PC ever wants to apply. So speak about things you know. It takes years understanding hospital culture and CMS. You cannot learn that overnight

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So it is impossible for anyone to get into this gig... Typical PFE self-inflated ego just like onc and vaccines. complete bullshit

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your right they are seasoned and it takes time and is worth something (alot). Im just saying they may want to lower headcount and give it to PC reps that have the product but would have to pay the price of a steep PC rep learning curve which can be done OR give the PC territory to IS in addition to hospitals that would be no learning curve :) BTW I used to be an IS rep and IS DM.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it that you don't know how to read, or you don't know how to understand. Who said that it was impossible for anyone to get into the gig. Heres your answer.....no one said that. They said that IS reps are seasoned and you cannot learn the business overnight. And PC is so afraid of the position, they rarely apply for a hospital job. Get it now. Dumb____. The post was prob. talking about people like you who dont have the skills of understanding the english language. Typical PC, they sample drop and think they are actually sales people.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard non of them were bumped today...what is the real story?