NY Metro DBMS

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news on who was retained?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only one in NYC.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is only 1 DBM in Manhattan!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NY metro is more than Manhattan- is CS. AB, TR, VO, still there?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did Eric Elfstrom - aka slime ball make it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter who is retained FOR NOW, because we're going to go through this again next fall. In 2015 access will be at an all time low, thanks to ObummaCare's effects on health plans and hospital systems.

Since our pipeline stinks (as does the pipeline of most of Big Pharma), and we STILL have too many people out here, the big idea coming from above is reduction of expenses. Yes, they'll keep the KAMs and RMs around for another 8 to 10 months, because the hierarchy is connected to high-ranking folks. But next year, the crap is REALLY gonna hit the fan.

DBMs, RMs, KAMs, those with $170,000+ salaries are gonna be in deep doo doo. The first 6 months, they will brag about their $250,000 severance. The next 4 months, it's "Holy sh*t, can you believe that company tried to lowball me like that?!" 10-12 months post severance, they are LinkedIn FOOLS, putting out a profile full of lies, mistruths, and exaggerations. One year to the day after severance hit, they are looking up their former cronies at Publicis and inventive. That, or they're starting their own Management Consulting agency (n= 1 employee) and calling on ex-Pfizer people at Shionogi, Sunovion, Astellas, and Otsuka.

I can think of more than 12 ex-colleagues that lived through the scenario I just described.

As for me, thankfully I made it through THIS TIME! But I have had a plan in place for 10 years. When they clip me (and they WILL clip me) I have a cushion on which to fall.

Please don't get caught out there. If you're lucky enough to make it through, PLEASE plan on getting out of the industry within the year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much spot on. Unfort I am still going thru the process of life after Pharma after being downsized after a 30 year career.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't you retire after 30 years? Seems to me you should have a nice pension. Pharma today isn't what it was 30/20/10 years ago. Nothing to miss.... but lots to hate. Just ask anyone still here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not all 30 years with same company....had 2 Pharma positions. Kids college loans make it necessary to keep working. I did not live above my means either. I've always enjoyed the freedom/pay/benefits that Pharma provided. Then hair got gray......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Val orsi needs to go! DOES NOTHING!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AB gone

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember her making it through a couple of years ago when she was newly promoted. It was her first year and she was out on maternity for just about all of it-they kept her and let others go---go figure.