With new job can I negotiate the money I'm leaving on the table due to not being..

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

vested? I know if I have stock many hiring companies will try to compensate you. But, if you are not fully vested and leave, will the new Company-pay out the money you are losing? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: With new job can I negotiate the money I'm leaving on the table due to not being.

Why in the name of God would you ever seek an answer to a question like this on CafePharma? That's just the silliest thing I can think of.... C'mon man!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: With new job can I negotiate the money I'm leaving on the table due to not being.

Idon't think it's a silly question at all. It's a good question. I don't know the answer. I almost think you may not be able to as it's not company stock.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS does not offer stock to employees...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't say it was a silly question...said it was silly to ask on CP....which it is! Context bitch!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not stock. It's the money I don't have vested yet as I haven't stayed the full 5 years they require.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not unless the new company cannot survive another day without you. Its probably not that much anyway. But you can ask.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks.. It's 10 K.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just tell your new company to step up and pay you triple what your account would be when vested. If they say no, tell them FU, you're the best due to your survival at BMS. they'll come around, stand tall and proud.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have less than five years, the money you are leaving is not that much. Remember, you do get back the $ you put in. If the pension was still in effect, then that would be something different.

If you find a job you like more, more money ( I do not mean 5K more, then negotiate)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just take the financial loss and leave. It's only money. And money can't buy happiness.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn the Op is an entitled lil biatch with sh!t for brains. Lmfao

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are not vested, then you have no money on the table. Ask yourself--What's in it for the new company?--Nothing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was 10K. Was I stupid to not tell them what I was leaving on the table? Thanks for any credible responses.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

but, if I left , I'd lose the 10 K? If I stay, I'd have 10 K more. Thanks for any info.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, how much raise are you getting for leaving?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing from nothing is nothing. Tweedle brain!