Best Paying in Neurology

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2005 at 5:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is to the Serona posters...do you have any tips for interview process? I just got a call from recruiter about position opening. I have 10yrs exp and am at 88base 40bonus.
    Just wondering how intense the interview is and what they are looking for?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck Neurology-I am a young sales manager at 32 years old and earn 165k base with an average bonus of 55K. Although I receive a boatload of options, they haven't been worth much recently. My average rep with 5-8 years experience earns about 110k base with an average of 35K bonus annually. The top tier performers receive options,trips,etc.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really. 32? and a manager. Have yet to see one that young at Merck, sounds extremely unusual. What is your secret? Many Merck reps are very experienced and have advanced degrees and are well into their 40 and even 50s and not yet managers. Average reps with 5-8 specialty exp with Merck are not at 110K, more like 80-92K plus average bonus less than 35K -- very luck if 35K is hit in a year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With 4 years of pharma, 1 neuro specialty, what kind of base can i expect at serono? thanks for help.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOVARTIS- I turned down a Serono job.... Novartis base $113 + 25K bonus Options. Serono- $108 , + 40 at target? Don't think many people are making bonuses that are near 40's....no stock options either.... Novartis has stock options too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's funny Biogen Car Salesman!

For the rest of the people and again trying to focus these jealous Biogen reps we at Teva make a very good base plus great bonus. Not to mention our MS Injectable Copaxone is the Number 1 prescribed product in the United States for MS. As you can imagine when your Number 1 your competitors like to take shots at you. Biogen has a very ineffective agent for MS that makes patients sick after every injection. Not to mention Tysabri which has killed 4 patients to date and approximately 24 cases of PML world wide.

Base: 96K Bonus: Unlimited Plan: 50K

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11 years/Novartis/109K +25K bonus/stock options/small territory

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Copaxone cons:
    1. Injection site reactions
    2. MS "hug"
    3. Long term disability data
    4. $500 to physicians to attend lectures

FYI, Tysabri stops MS immediately and can reverse disability. How many patients did asprin kill this year?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UCB Neuro - 96k base and 32k bonus last year. 10 yrs industry, 7yrs neuro. Left for surgical sales last year. 206k this year, but I work three times the hours.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MS division for Novartis. 11 years in industry. Base ia 117k and about 35 k this year in bonus. Last year made 60k in bonus. Have 65k in stock options. Started in industry with a base of 44k

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17 yrs in pharma-8 yrs specialty. 5 different companies-lowest specialty pay now-$83K base $30K bonus. Downsizing is a killer on the paycheck...actually looking now because of upcoming layoffs

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genzyme 11 years, 127k base and 40K bonus

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very insightful thread. Has me thinking about my options. I have over a decade industry experience and 1 year in neuro. Allergan 95 base, 25 bonus. Selling Botox

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, very helpful thread! 10 years experience, 3 years Neuroscience speciality with GSK: 88k base, 30k bonus. I'm on the lower end of the scale compared to most speciality reps at my company, though.

I find it really interesting that out of the 6 companies that I wrote down to compare plus mine (for a total of 7) the range is only $118k - $167 with 5 out of 7 at the lower end making within 22k of each other. I would have thought it would have been a much larger gap.

Anyone else surprised?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cymbalta is generic
    Stratera is forever!