Management Performance

Discussion in 'Bausch & Lomb' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2015 at 9:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone I know leaving this company is doing so because of their manager. It's hard to respect someone who doesn't perform themselves. It's a wonder to me why more managers are not evaluated more critically. This company is so afraid to lose people that managing the managers has become less of a priority. Smarten up directors. There are 9 pages of openings in sales and growing. If you want to retain people get managers who are real people not lazy robots. I feel more in the dark here than anywhere I've ever worked and the problem is at the district manager level.
    When's the last time an RD rode in a territory with a district manager for two days just to check on some accounts? The answer is never. These DMs have no accountability but the reps do. I think it's time for managers to be evaluated more closely. Also sit with the reps and ask them what the biggest obstacle they face is. My guess is if the RDs did this without the DM around upper management would see things differently. Unfortunately reps are scared to be so candid because it could be a career limiting move.
    Just ask yourself this one question, when was the last time you saw a manager let go because of performance? The Bausch + Lomb model is looking like more of an "old boy" society than a performance based culture.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely agree. My manager is totally useless. I get nothing out of the 2 day ride alongs except I feel like a babysitter to him/her. They offer me no value, no information and no feeling of encouragement or understanding of my territory dynamics. But I get plenty of feedback on when reports and expenses are due. Wow.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An OSM at this company is the most protected and safe job at this company. It's like having tenure as a teacher. Even a former RD returned to being an OSM because it's easier to fly under the radar and cruise. If you want job security then try to be an OSM.
    The only OSM's that leave this company do so on their own.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is what happens when you have such a focus on financials vs relationships, service, and ethics. Sad to see what is happening here...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds familiar. I just jumped the sinking ship, which has been the best decision of my entire life. My mental health improved by 200% as I'm very happy with my new job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't use the term management in relation to Bausch+Lomb / Valeant. To many useless clowns instead of real decision makers with the right skills.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Upper clown land is also getting worse! A Clueless bunch

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great word to describe most of managers:

Fucktards