who's gone?

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone kicked off the Merckie bus yet?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i want my package. I want it now. I see the handwriting on the wall-- Lexington will be shuttered.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None but the CEO. After reading the plans it looks better than I thought. Salary staying the same, bonus staying the same, now eligible for pension, vacation stays the same, company shuts down between Christmas and the New year. I'm gulping down the cool-aid and it tastes good!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This. I predict most of us get the boot in February or March.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is shutting down Lexington. If we don't relo, we're gone. It's over. Get what you can.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO ! Yea...tastes REAL good, doesn't it? Company Car, Lower bonuses, yearly bonus payouts (not quarterly), Micromanaged out the wadzoo, 30 bucks for cell phone allowance, NO allowance for internet, 600 bucks for lunches per month, MORE restrictions on PME's....Yea, cool-aid tastes like shit to me.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Presentation claims everything done <90 days. I predict they close site in 60 or less. Anyone else?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're right. I didn't see any crew plunking down Merck signage anywhere around the outside of buildings.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sad, more like indifferent. I just want dates so that I can plan accordingly, if I decide to ride it out. It doesn't really matter because I'm a contractor anyway and can do what I want - everyone can make their own choices anyway.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Cubist name is staying around for now, mostly for branding and tax reasons. We are Cubist, a Merck company...we are still known as Cubist employees. Lexington site as well as other Boston area sites TBD as to if they will stay or go.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck doesn't keep separately branded companies. If there isnt a Merck sign out front by the end of Feb., we are done.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked the new site head yesterday and that was the answer he gave. Ask for yourself.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are we continuing to hire more people if closing

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring in Lexington? Lexington folks will be offered opportunity to relo or take package.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm aware of that info., but why are we bringing in people for interviews this week and next. Please don't say business as usual

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

business as usual

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the question is who would interview here right now unless they are looking for a free handout of severance? Strange indeed.

I wish someone would just announce if the site is closing or not so we can all plan to relocate or severe (whichever you prefer)..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, but you can't get free handout of severance unless you've put in a certain amount of time. Sorry, don't mean to call you out on that, but I'm just annoyed because I would be glad to know if I had 21 days left here because then I can plan a big party and my next job :)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the Finance Dept would stay and the cheap sales people will go first.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahaaaaaa! As a "cheap salesperson," I wish the above were true. I would love nothing more than to take my severance and move on. Unfortunately, sales will be the last to go. Home Office redundancies will be at the top of the list. Best of luck to everyone.